Friend

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How do I know this isn't a trap?"

"You talk so much garbage. How ed up was it in that place that you can't even trust people who are clearly trying to help you?"

"But why, though?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you even bothering to help me?"

"You know what, Princess, not everyone is against you. In what world does someone interpret kindness as a threat? How messed up are you? Take your head out of your ."

Okay. That was too harsh. Namjoon scratched the back of his neck, glancing away and looking back at Jisoo who sat in front of him.

"Well, I'm glad it all makes sense to you." she said, as dignified as ever, lowering her gaze and fidgeting with the pen in her hand.

 

Jisoo had been studying up on the Northern Territory's history and culture, and realised that it was much more similar to the human world than it was to her own country. She felt suddenly very ashamed to have been so blindly faithful in the customs and culture of her own country, because it let her be manipulated into following orders without questioning them, just because it was something her father said. In Revenet, the men always took the lead and the women followed. Before, she couldn't comprehend why Jin was confused by her question about the Queen. In Revenet, women could not become the ruling Monarch. Jisoo was aware she was given the title of Crown Princess, but she would never be queen. The King of Revenet could only be of royal bloodline, so having a royal blooded Queen with a non-royal King was considered a contamination. She knew the position would go to her eldest male cousin, and it never occurred to her to question the absurdity of it all.

The Northern Territory was on to something with their egalitarian approach to society.

Namjoon glanced at her. She was wearing a powder blue dress that morning. He wondered just how many dresses she had brought with her, for they looked awfully heavy. He also wondered how long it would take to get her out of it. He tried to imagine what kind of hips she had underneath, what her legs looked like... but seeing her face was enough for the time being. She had been over to the library almost every day for the last two weeks, her priority was, he felt, to bicker with him. He was enjoying it, though. Girls never came to the library, and he was more interested in studying than he was chasing after girls, unlike Jin.

Jisoo could hold her own in a debate, as she had proved on multiple occasions over the last two weeks.

Sometimes he would get so wound up when he was losing he just wanted to kiss her to shut her up.

But he didn't.

Because it would just be an excuse.

 

"She's here." Namjoon said, raising his eyes to look over at the door.

Two girls, not much younger than Jisoo, entered the library, nodding to the two royals. They were very pretty, but one was tall and blonde haired, dressed in a flashy onepiece and the other, with peach coloured hair, was in a plain uniform she saw the kitchen staff wear.

"Hello!" he greeted them, not even bothering to get up as they joined him and Jisoo at the table. "Jisoo, this is Rose who works in the kitchen and Lisa, who works in the entertainment quarter."

"Crown Princess..." Rose began, her hand over and tears welling up in her eyes.

Jisoo glanced from the girl to Namjoon, who shrugged.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked.

"She's just a bit emotional." Lisa explained. "She came from Revenet two years ago."

"You're a Demon, too?" Jisoo asked quietly, immediately softening and leaning over the table, taking the girl's hand, making her blush.

"I was." she sniffed, fat tears rolling down her cheeks. "After you ran to the human world, my family wouldn't stand me being friends with a Vampire. They were too afraid that they would feel hostile towards us because of you. I lived right on the border area so we felt more vulnerable."

 

Namjoon watched as Jisoo's face fell, the impact of her actions upon her people suddenly hitting her. That wasn't fair, he thought. Why should the actions of a single girl change people's hearts so quickly? Were they so blindly loyal to their palace that they would believe anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter