Two Can Play

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks had passed since Jisoo had rekindled her affair with Namjoon upon her husband's admission that he would not stop his relationship with the member of the palace's PR team, master Jung Hoseok. Jisoo had met him a few times after their coronation and he seemed to skirt around her wherever he could, either knowing that she knew or trying his best not to draw attention to himself in case she found out. She wasn't sure what he was trying to achieve by avoiding her, but it wasn't working. She didn't hate him, but she did feel a little jealous that he could command her husband's attention in a way she couldn't. Hoseok seemed able to stir a passion within Jin that he didn't feel for her. Not once had Jin cut a meeting short or avoided a responsibility because he was dying to her.

Nope.

That was only for Jung Hoseok.

Jisoo mentally kicked herself for ever believing that Jin actually wanted to try having a monogamous marriage.

But whatever, she was free to do as she pleased now.

 

As the King and Queen sat in court, the issue of Reeth and underage labour arose once more, their representative hoping for a ruling this time. Jin's heart was going more rapidly and Jisoo could tell. He began shifting in his seat, crossing and uncrossing his legs, fidgeting with his shirt collar. Mr. Lim, the spokesperson for the region stood in the centre of the room which was, as usual, filled with all the law makers in the land.

"Your Highness, is it possible to have a decision made today?" he asked.

Jin glanced over at Jisoo, who was busy reading through the document on the matter, before clearing his throat and replying.

"It's unfortunate, but this must be delayed again until a solution can be reached." he said, causing a very low ripple of sighs amongst the room.

"How old are the children?"

Every pair of eyes in the room turned to look at Queen Jisoo, even that standoffish advisor, Min Yoongi was paying attention. The golden nail polish on her filed claws shone as she flicked through the report.

"Ah, that is, well, they're around fourteen to sixteen, your Highness." the representative said.

"Clearly raising taxes to deal with this won't do anything but cause discontent in the region, so we can go about putting regulations in place to allow those children to work. Since they aren't adults they can't earn the living wage, but giving them half of the national minimum wage for an hour's work should suffice. This does mean they need to be protected under labour law so the rights you apply to adult workers will apply to them too, with a few exceptions that we can revise later this week." Jisoo said, scanning down the last page of the report before tossing it down. "I would advise you to promote this under the pretense that having children work prepares them for the real world, teaches them the value of money and also gives them experience they can use later, so you must ensure that the work they are doing in the factories and in agriculture is properly regulated for safety - you cannot allow children to get hurt or excessively tired from their labour, otherwise the plan will fail. You must strike a healthy balance, understood?"

The room watched as relief washed over the man, "Thank you, your Highness! We can finally start to deal with this properly."

"Schedule an appointment with the Ministry of Labour and Agriculture to work out the finer details of this and bring it back to me for review. If it is satisfactory then we can pass it."

Jin's eyes focused on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter