Stronger Than Ever

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jin, don't!" Jisoo called, going after him as he charged out of court after the hearings had finished for the morning.

"Why shouldn't I?" he shot back, whipping around and towering over her.

"Just leave it alone! You can establish your power some other way!"

"You told me to come up with my own plan to show my strength. I think it's rather a good plan, do you not?"

"Why my country?" she argued. "There's plenty of other territories!"

"No, no, yours makes the most sense. I'll bring your country to its knees and liberate your people. It will be fantastic. General Lee will lead an offensive attack right into the centre of Revenet, overthrowing your palace and slaughtering your army. Who would question my motives? I'm doing a good thing, the humanitarian thing, all the while opening up Revenet to the outside world. I'll give your people more freedom than they could imagine. They'll see the superiority of our nation and I'll be a heroic King, loved by my people and yours, too. They'll be so grateful to me that they'll be begging to become Vampires too. And after that we can get on with assimilating everyone - starting with you."

"Jin! How dare you!"

Yixing moved closer to Jisoo, his protective instinct kicking right in.

"And you'll be soon after." Jin added with a smirk. "I have a meeting with the General. Good day."

With that, he spun on his heel and headed off, turning the corner to go for his appointment.

"Jin! Don't you dare walk away, Jin!" Jisoo yelled

Jisoo thundered away, Yixing hot on her trail. She kept going and going until they arrived back at her private quarters, certain that they were alone. Ushering Yixing inside her bedroom, she shut the door and locked it, adding a touch of magic to be extra sure. Without a word, Jisoo flopped down on her bed, totally exhausted from all the work she had been doing.

"Your Highness, are you all right?" Yixing asked. "You have been working tirelessly these days. You should have rest and take medicine."

"Yes." she agreed. "I haven't slept properly in... I don't know when. How long has it been, Yixing? How long have you been here?"

"Three weeks, your Highness."

"But I feel happy, though."

"Your hard work is paying off, your Highness. Rest here, your husband is at a meeting. I will keep guard."

"Your dedication to me will not go unnoticed, Yixing." she smiled, pulling herself properly up on to the bed.

"Your Highness, simply being your guard is reward enough for me."

"How easily pleased you are..." Jisoo trailed, sinking back into the giant feather pillows, her whole body relaxing immediately.

 

A totally refreshed Jisoo was met with thunderous applause from General Lee and his men as she entered the secret room some days later. She couldn't stop the smirk spreading across her face, trying her best not to break out into pure laughter. They fussed over her, bringing her plenty of tea and special foods they had procured from their crusades in other countries. General Lee looked at her in admiration. He almost ate his hat after Jin came to him three weeks later and demanded that they plan an assault on Revenet, exactly as Jisoo had assured them. He had heard the young King's case and agreed with him. If it was a Royal order then there was little else he could do after all. He started to wonder about just how much potential the young Queen had to become a great ruler - she already eclipsed King Seokjin in ability, but she was really something else. General Lee didn't care if she was Demon or not, he hadn't seen talent like hers in a long time and he would be happy to serve such a strong Queen as her.

"I couldn't believe it." General Lee said, running a hand over his sharp jaw line. "King Seokjin came to me just as you said, exactly as you said he would. How on earth did you manage to convince him?"

"Like I said, I have my own ways."

"But he wasn't even unsure about it, I've never seen the King so passionately advocate for something, it was truly fantastic. What a talented Queen you are."

"What was Jin's schedule for the planned attack?"

"He plans to use the next festival to launch the attack when the capital city is most vulnerable."

"As we had discussed." Jisoo said. 

"May I ask, your Highness, what it is you plan to do after the attack?"

"Originally bringing my country under our control and prosecuting the Royal family for crimes against their people - I'll make something up - was my end goal." 

"Have you perhaps thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter