Thank You

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin glanced up at the faces staring down at him.

Yoongi, Joongi and his wife, Jisoo, along with the rest of the most important members of court.

He glanced to the two legal documents in front of him. The one on the left would dissolve his position as King. The one on the right would dissolve his marriage.

So, that was the end of him.

"Your Highness, we strongly suggest you sign both of these documents. The doctors have done the most complete examination of your current state and have advised that you are unfit to rule. As King, you have done so much for your people already, but you simply cannot take any more time for yourself in order to recover. Sign the two documents and release yourself from the harsh political environment in which you are currently trapped. The Palace will ensure that your livelihood will be taken care of for as long as you live." General Lee pleaded.

"And what of my marriage? Why should I dissolve it?" Jin asked.

"Your Highness, someone must maintain the running of the country." Jisoo explained. "The people know and trust me and they will understand your abdication. No one will blame you for stepping away from this role. Please, for yourself and for your people, allow me to take over-"

"Since when were you not in control?" Jin shot back. "Even now you're controlling everything! ...Who is it that will replace me once I go?"

Silence.

"Your Highness-" Yoongi began.

"Oh. So it's you." Jin sighed.

"Please."

"After all this time, you're the one who stabs me in the back and kicks me off the throne."

"You know that is not true, Your Highness!" Jisoo interjected, affronted by his callousness. "Mister Min Yoongi served you well your entire life. It is only natural that your closest advisor be the one who can rule."

"He's not even noble!" Jin laughed.

Yoongi's eyes shifted away and Jisoo held her tongue.

The man knew nothing. She could feel herself getting exhausted, not only from the pregnancy but also from having to deal with everything on top of that. Yoongi glanced over to her, noticing her condition. He ought not to say anything, though, afraid he would accidentally out everything. He turned his gaze back to the King, who sat with a pen in his hand.

"But I'll sign these." Jin said finally.

A stunned silence.

No one dared to talk, waiting for the unstable King to explain himself.

"I'll sign these because I am sick to death of everyone in here. I just wanted to help my own people in the Northern Territory, yet here I am now the King of two lands because that Demon over there manipulated the fuc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter