Chapter 9

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV:
Argh, my bed’s shaking. Okay wait, what? Why the heck is my bed shaking?!

Is there an earthquake?

I jolted awake and looked around my room.

Okay, I was tucked in, clothed, everything seemed normal except for my throbbing headache. Hmm? Taehyung isn’t here, I guess he went home then.

Oh right, I probably drank too much last night, and now I’m having a hangover. Darn it and my bed’s still vibrating, ugh, it’s probably my phone.

“Hello? Haneul?”

“Yah! Jiyeon ah! What are you doing today?” Haneul seemed so excited over the phone, I’m pretty sure something happened last night for her to be that hyped up.

“Nothing much. I just wokeup actually.”

“Oh! How did it go with Taehyung yesterday? He sent you home right? I’ve so many things to share with you! I’m coming over!”

Before I could even say no, she hung up on me. Oh well, what to do right? I decided to get myself ready and presentable before she came over.



My doorbell rang and I went to open the door thinking it was Haneul.

But it wasn’t.

Why is Taehyung at my front door holding up two bags of food?

“I figured you’ll be hungry upon waking up so I’ve got you breakfast!”

“Uh, Thanks?” I invited him, feeling perplexed.

Why did he get me breakfast? Didn’t he leave last night? Last night seemed like a blur, one moment we were getting to know each other, having fun, and the next I was trying to hold in my tears from watching Train to Busan. The rest of it seemed to be blocked out of my head, I couldn’t remember what exactly happened, yet something in the air changed. There seemed to be a sense of comfort, security and familiarity between us, as if I just bared my soul to him. The tensions melted off and I don’t seem to be as guarded against him as before.


Laughter roared around my house before it was broken by my doorbell. Crap. I’ve totally forgot that Haneul was coming over! If she saw Taehyung here, she’s bound to get the wrong idea. And the last thing I need was for someone to misunderstand and end up scaring Taehyung off. Wait, hold up. What? Why would I care about scaring Taehyung off?

I went to open the door only to see Haneul and 6 other guys standing outside my doorstep. Jesus Christ, now they were surely bound to get the wrong idea when they see Taehyung here. My heart was pumping nervously and I was getting all flustered, I wanted to think of ways to hide Taehyung away but it’s probably too late to do so.

“Jiyeon ah, I think I see a pair of guy shoes over there by the corner. Who’s here?” Haneul let out a cheeky and sly smile questioningly, causing my cheeks to turn pink.

Crap. How was I going to explain this??

“Yah, Jiyeon-ah, are you dating someone?” Psh, way to go Namjoon and Jin for making things more awkward.


"Aish! Hyungs! Jiyeon's at a legal age, she can do anything she wants!"

"Yah! Park Jimin! You can be ertic if you want but leave Jiyeon alone!" I chuckled as I saw Jimin being smacked by both Namjoon and Jin.
 


His POV:
She.. she stayed over with a guy last night? Well, Taehyung sent her home last night, could it be him?

I looked over at the shoes, yup, it was definitely Taehyung. The shoes belonged to him. I felt a pang of jealousy hitting me like a wave. No, I can’t feel that way. Why am I feeling this way? Am I attracted to her? Oh man, who was I denying?

I’ve carried a crush on her ever since we first met. Something about her seemed so vulnerable and fragile, she just seemed like the type of girl who needs protection. That was until I saw a throw a punch and that she wasn’t as fragile as she seemed.

She was just really intriguing to me, like a riddle and I wanted to figure out.

Probably the reasons why I used all my aegyo towards her, to get her closer to me.
 

Taehyung’s POV:
“Woah why is everyone here?” I came out of the toilet only to see all my Hyung's and Jungkook in Jiyeon’s house and she stood there with rosy apple pink cheeks.

“Yah our Taehyung’s a man now! HE GOT LAID!” I was about to smack Yoongi hyung but Haneul beat me to the punch. These two sure got close pretty fast. Yoongi didn’t even bother to fight back when Haneul smacked him, I’m guessing he really has feelings for her huh.

“Yah, we didn’t do anything. It was simply late and I couldn’t get a cab, so I stayed. Jiyeon got drunk and out okay? Leave her alone.” I noticed Hoseok heaving a sigh of relief, so now Yoongi isn’t the only one with the crush?

I smirked and leaned in closer to Jiyeon just to see Hoseok’s reaction. And sure enough, his reaction got darker and his bright smile faltered a bit.

Jiyeon was mumbling and asking them why were they over at her house while she shuffled her feet and moved away from me, there she goes with her ice princess act again. Sigh, why is she always on guard?

“Oh nothing much! I wanted to hang out with you but Yoongi asked us to join them to go to the arcade today! So we’re here to pick you up. And don’t you dare reject me! You said you have no plans today! And you certainly left out the fact that you spent the night with Taehyung!”

I couldn’t help but to notice Hoseok’s reaction towards Jiyeon. He was always noticing her, constantly trying to get her to open up to him. But Jiyeon’s mine.

Deep down I knew that Hoseok at least truly liked her, as compared to me.
I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter