Chapter 4

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV:

Over the next few days, I watched as Haneul and Yoongi started becoming closer.

They exchanged numbers, although he was still somewhat hostile to her at times. And he introduced us again to the other boys, but this time we were formally introduced as Yoongi’s friends instead of  the staff who got caught up in our food fight at the store.



But honestly? I think I’m more like Yoongi’s crush’s friend. Its not like I really talk much to Yoongi so I don’t get why I had to be included in this whole reintroduction thing, besides, I really wanted to stay away from them.


I guessed that they were pretty popular people for I sometimes see girls oogling at them from far, and I had no idea why considering how they acted like delinquents.

I continued working away, mopping the floor before I overheard some mumbling from, well who else but our new very important customers?

“Why doesn’t she like us? Hoseok’s aegyo doesn’t work on her neither does Maknae Jungkook’s looks. All she does is give us short and curt replies. Are we that bad people?”

Uh, are they gossiping about me in a store where I’m actually at? Were they not afraid of me overhearing?

I was about to just turn back and forget that they were having a discussion about me, because well, the rational side of me told me that by ignoring them they’d stop. Although all I really wanted was to go up to them and throw a punch or two and chase them out of the store.

“She’s pretty though. She has long black hair, cat eyes and a lean figure.”

Eh? Did someone just complimented me? I wanted so bad to know who was talking but I couldn’t get a look. And if I ventured too near to them, I’d get exposed and that’d be more embarrassing.

Shaking my head, I decided to forget about the whole thing and just go back to work.

A few more days passed and I was getting more and more perplexed by those guys.

I had absolutely no idea why the hell does Hoseok keep trying to talk to me and trying his aegyos on me even though I never gave him a reaction. I mean even Jungkook gave up. Does Hoseok not know how to take a hint? But I’ll admit it though, he was honestly one of the best looking guys I’ve ever seen.
 

Hoseok was really beautiful, his forehead, his nose bridge, and his smile. Whenever he talked to me, all I ever felt was the warmth of the sunlight radiating upon me yet something about the blonde haired guy, Taehyung, captivated me. I’d catch myself stealing glances of Taehyung smiling or laughing beause of his boxy smile, I’d catch him rolling around in piles of withered dried fallen leaves, and sometimes I’d get to see him doing random stuff like jamming to jazz.

But I just, I couldn’t bring myself talking to any of them or to get close to them like Haneul. For some reason, my gut kept telling me they were dangerous and they’d change my life. I had no idea how or why, but that gut, that feeling, instinct, whatever you call it, was desperately nagging at me to stay away from them.

If only I knew then what I know now.

 

“Jiyeon ah, shall we grab supper together tonight? It's been a long time since we spent time together hanging out instead of working. We could catch up, maybe have some heart to heart talk? I really miss my bestfriend, you know!”
I gave Haneul a soft and gentle smile. I mean, yeah sure why not?
I did miss having those girly late night talks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter