Chapter 21

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s POV:

I was waiting for Jisoo at the park near the convenience store because she called to ask me out on a date. Frankly speaking, the past few days I’ve felt emptier than before even though I’ve been hanging out with Jisoo.

It feels as if something important is missing in my life. But I’ve honestly no idea what I’m lacking with. I’m not devolving, winter’s passing and Jisoo and I are getting back to old times.

So why isit that I feel empty and well, uneasy??

Was it because she didn’t pick up my phone calls?
I tried calling her back but she always refused to pick them up.
It feels like she’s avoiding me except this time, she did it subtly.

She joined us for lunch and yet she’s not talking to me, and it’s not like I had the chance to. I knew that she knew I was looking at her but how could she just treat me as if I were a nonexistent creature?

I’m getting tired of pulling her back to get her to stay by me.
I’ve no idea what I’ve always done so wrong to make her run away from me either. Why isit that right from the start, she could be friendly to the others but was only on guard to me? And even after everything that we’ve shared and spent time together, it feels like she’s always building walls around me.

One moment I think I broke down all of her walls, the next she’s building up new walls around me.
Maybe I really do have a problem after all, I can’t seem to do anything right can’t I?

I can’t even figure out what I want, what a joke.
Causing trouble and ing things up everywhere I go.

I stood around in the chilling weather waiting for Jisoo.
I looked at my watch frowning slightly. She’s running slightly late today, why is she taking so long??

As I waited for Jisoo, my mind started off drifting to the memories of where we first met.

The first time I met her, I thought it was love at first sight.
Or rather, attraction at first sight.
The way her red hair flowed around her back and the way she smiled had captivated me. I remember back then I was about 16-17 years old, I can’t really remember.
But what I do remember was at that point of time I was already carrying a baggage of my own and I had to constantly remind myself that with a baggage like that, I wasn’t allowed to love.

But fate decreed I would.

Who was to know I’d end up acting like a stalker, always being at the far end of the hallway trying to observe her? Even though I was considered one of the popular guys, that age was also the age where I’ve hit rock bottom in my life.

Yet, she actually noticed that creepy stalker guy (aka me) and even stepped up to befriend me. And at that point of time, my paranoia took over and I started wondering if she befriended me just because I was one of the “popular” guys along with BTS.

But she pretty much proved me wrong. Her innocence and jovial character made me fell in love with her and one thing lead to another and we ended up together even though I didn’t expected us to because I didn’t want to end up giving her my baggage, or have her to watch me devolve. I only knew too well what would happened if the people you love devolved and all you felt was the feeling of despair and helplessness.

But we still ended up together, probably because the best part of her was her randomness. I remember how we were dubbed as the golden alien couple around school because of her cute randomness and well, mine too.

The reason why we got along so well was because of her randomness that always created new topics for us and also probably due to her innocence.

I remember how she was so naïve she’d always get tricked or fooled by the people around her, how people could betray her to make her lose her friends so that she couldn’t be the queen bee anymore, and yet she’d still always trust 100% in others and remain genuine to herself.

Being around such innocence was the first for me, the first since I realized what baggage I was carrying and the darkness that came with it.
Being around her probably made me feel like a child again, where I didn’t had to guard against her.
And also, it’s probably the reason why I had to come clean with her about my baggage, only to have her telling me she was afraid she couldn’t handle me.

“Taehyung!” I snapped out of my thoughts before turning around to look for the source of the voice. Ah, there she was looking as beautiful as ever.

“Hey Jisoo. Where did you want to go today?”

“Let’s go to the mall!” Ugh, the mall again. Why did Jisoo loved going to the mall so much? I mean, with her it was always the cafes and malls. Yesterday was the only exception where I brought her to the buckwheat field, only because I wanted to go to somewhere else other than the god damn malls and I didn’t want to bring her to my secret hideout.

Sighing off my frustration, I took her hand and proceeded walking with her to the mall. Along the way, she was babbling on about some stuff that I couldn’t even bother to listen to.

Because my mind was filled with thoughts of another, which by now wasn’t even a rare occurrence. I’d catch myself wanting to spend time with her, to bring her to the arcades, the graffiti hideout, seoul garden and everywhere else.
I wonder what’s Jiyeon doing now? Has she eaten? Is she going out today?
 

As I was thinking about her, I felt a vibration going on in my pocket. I took out my phone and I saw it was Jiyeon calling me. Huh? Why would she be calling me at this time, especially since after she’s very apparently avoiding me?

Nevertheless, I felt my heartbeat raced and I was trembling as I pressed the green button to accept her call. Only to have her speak to me in a cold and harsh tone, probably one that’s colder and harsher than that of today’s weather.

Normally, I won’t drop off anything because I was with Jisoo. Not even if BTS needed me, because that’s how obsessed and in love I am with Jisoo. Normally, I’d even have got annoyed at anyone calling me because I was with Jisoo but surprisingly, I had none of those feelings. Instead, I was thankful that she called me. I was even happy that she had called me.

And for the first time ever, I left Jisoo for someone else.
It was as if something was pulling at me to go to Jiyeon as if telling me she’s in need of some kind of help, and I knew if I didn’t, I’d most probably lose her.
And somehow, that was a lot more important than not being with Jisoo.

I ran towards the Afternoon Pub to it’s back alley searching for Jiyeon desperately but I couldn’t see her anywhere.

My heart felt like it was being tugged so hard I couldn’t breathe.

Just where is she? Did something happen to her? God, now she’s making me worried too?!


I delved deeper into the alley searching for her until I saw a figure in the darkness move just a tiny little bit, I walked closer over to that dark figure until I saw it.

There she was, sitting down with her knees clutched to her chest and her face buried in it. Yet she got up as I inched closer towards her, and she looked like a reflection of the graffiti I drew of her. Broken and teary eyed.

When she saw me, she let out a small smile before muttering a single statement.

“Give me your hands, save me.”

And there she fell into my arms.
Geez, just how much did she drink for her to smell like an alcoholic and why would she be drinking in the afternoon getting herself so drunk? What would have happened if I didn’t come and she laid there in such a state?!

But most importantly, what did she mean by that statement?
Was she like me, with a baggage of her own?

I propped her up on my back, and proceeded to her house.

As I reached outside of her apartment, I struggled with holding her and looking into her bag for her keys but they weren’t there. So I looked into her wallet, only to find the necklace I got for her hidden deep inside there.

Seeing the necklace that I got for her being hidden in the wallet instead of having her wear it, I felt confusion and anger rising within me.

Why? Didn’t she say she like it? So this is how she treats stuff that she likes?

“Park Jiyeon. Just what are you?” I lifted her up bridal style and proceeded to place her onto the couch before heading to the toilet to get her a wet towel to nurse her.

Only that there was a tiny weeny problem. I had no idea where she kept her towels and if I looked through her drawers, I would probably see her undergarments and well that wasn’t very appropriate isn’t it?

I grabbed a handful of tissues folding them up into a thick pile and then wetting them with water. As I came out of the toilet, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter