Chapter 25

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae Hyung’s POV:

I was in the canteen with the rest of BTS, awaiting for Jisoo, Jiyeon and Haneul to join us for our break. As usual, we sat at the round table at the canteen, joking around with BTS although Hoseok and I still were a little awkward around each other, but hey we were still bros after all right?

After that day where he talked to me, I could see him avoiding Jiyeon like crazy despite her efforts to get his attention. Namjoon, Yoongi and I could definitely tell that he was in pain everytime she tried to get his attention but he shook it off and reassured us that he was fine everytime we asked him about it.

And by then, I was actually starting to consider Hoseok’s idea. To come clean to Jiyeon, and maybe actually confess to her or something?

15minutes went by and the 3 girls were still nowhere to be seen and even the other BTS members were getting a little concerned since it wasn’t like them to be late. Just as I was about to call Jisoo to check on the 3 of them, she appeared right in front of me.

Seeing her no longer brought me little butterflies nor little spurts of happiness, instead, all I felt was an immense amount of guilt. Especially since now, I was starting to realize that I actually had feelings for Jiyeon instead of Jisoo and that Jisoo was probably the substitute for Jiyeon.

Just as Jisoo was about to sit down, BTS started asking Jisoo about the whereabouts of the other two girls, especially Yoongi who was getting quite worried by now since it was really unlike them to be this late without even a single text.

A bunch of girls walked by our table talking loudly about how a commotion was gathered at the hallways and two senior girls were being bullied at the hallway by a bunch of girls that seemed like delinquents. With an uneasy feeling in my stomach, I questioned Jisoo if she knew anything of the commotion, to which she shaked her head and said no.

“Oh my god, do you think it could be Jiyeon and Haneul?!” Yoongi’s sudden voice was loud and filled with worry shocking everyone at the table, but how could I fault him for that? He merely spoke out the exact words that I was thinking.

With Yoongi’s questions confirming my own thoughts, my legs grew a mind of it’s own and reacted before my brain could even process it. It carried me to the hallways, while I was all out of breath and I could only hear the shouts behind me, calling for my name passing by in a blur. Through the reflections of the windows in the hallways, I could see Hoseok, Jisoo and Yoongi being right behind me and as I finally reached, what I saw gave me a shock of my life.

Haneul was being held down by some girl with a handprint imprinted on her cheek, indicating that she was slapped. Yoongi immediately ran to her rescue, trying his hardest to not lose his cool and beat the heck out of whoever that was manhandling his girl. I couldn’t be bothered much with what was happening with the two of them because I was too shocked with what I was seeing happening to Jiyeon.

I turned slightly to look at Hoseok and I could tell, that he had the same reaction as me.

Jiyeon was lying bruised on the floor, looking like she was half dead with an electrical wire tied to her neck.

Why didn’t she fight back? Didn’t she know boxing? Heck, she punched me when she met me just because I got too close to her.

As the thoughts ran through my mind, I could feel Hoseok’s mind invading mine. He was probably having the same thoughts for I saw both our fists clenching together.

The anger in me boiled like raging lava inside a volcano and I could feel it just about to erupt.

Just who the heck does that ing thinks she is to lay a fricking hand on my girl, MY JIYEON, and to cause her to be that injured?!

As I was about to fling myself right to that that was hurting Jiyeon, I thought of Jisoo, the fragile girl. We didn’t want any more casualties than we already had, right?

 “Jisoo, stay back, I don’t want you to get hurt in this commotion”. I uttered silently to her, not wanting to alert the attacker of my impending attack towards her.

I rushed towards the attacker, trying to protect Jiyeon, and yet, Jisoo ignored my command of asking her to stay back, flinging herself first in defense to Jiyeon and that’s when I saw it. The ing was about to break Jiyeon’s arm.

 “Are you okay?! Did you get hurt?! I told you to stand back, why did you even bother trying to help her?!” As I spoke those words, I could see Jiyeon’s face flinching in pain.

Was she hurt by my words once again..? But I didn’t even mean it that way.
I guess this just has to wait til I actually get the right time to talk to her.

As I held Jisoo up, I saw the pictures everywhere. The pictures of me kissing Jiyeon on the cheek and by now, I’m pretty sure Jisoo and the rest of BTS had saw it too, for the awkward silence was growing so thick, it would need a knife to cut it.

How did the pictures even get taken? The graffiti place was a secret place that only we knew of.
besides, there was only us there that day and I’m pretty sure nobody else except Hoseok saw it.
And Hoseok definitely wouldn’t be the type to take such pictures, unless… some sasaengs actually managed to stalk us and captured these photos?? Or… well nah, the other scenario can’t possibly happen, can it?

I took a step closer to Jiyeon but I halted in my move as I see her standing up on her own, bravely enduring the pain as she would.

And yet, the next words that she spoke of, felt like thousands of pins sticking themselves into my heart, each one hurting ore than the other.

“To Kim Tae Hyung, you were right. Let’s not fall in love, not in the past, not now, nor in the future. If there was just one thing I could do, right now, this instant, I want to reset whatever that transpired between us. This is all my fault, for appearing between you and Jisoo. Please, last long.”

Her words rang in my mind like an echo as I watched her turn her back away from me. I wasn’t sure what hurt more, knowing that she literally cut everyone away from her life, including Haneul or the words that she spoke of to me sounded like little stabs to my heart.

I wasn’t going to be happy with Jisoo, she shouldn’t had to take up the blame for appearing between Jisoo and I?! It wasn’t her fault, it was mine. But worse of all, it was her repeating the exact words I said to her, to me. To not fall in love, not in the past where I was the one who told her that, not in the future, nor now. It felt like someone ripped out all my feelings and my heart, only to throw it right back in my face. Because, at the end of the day, she regretted every single thing with me, wanting to reset her memories and whatever that happened between us.

I couldn’t even muster up the courage to call for her, to chase after her. I stood there, rooted to the ground, knowing that I probably just lost my chance with her, without even having the chance to tell her what I really felt.

And who could I blame for that?
 

As Jiyeon turned her back on me, I silently prayed to her fading backview,
I love you. And I desperately want to fall in love with you, if you just let me.
Her steps faltered, almost halting, giving me the illusion of hope.
But as she continued retreating into the view, I realized,
it’s all too late now.

“Kim. Tae. Hyung.” Goosebumps formed on my skin as I heard Hoseok’s low growling yet shockingly calm voice. I recognized that tone, back when all of us were meaner and tougher delinquents that we are, right now. I had prayed that I would never be at the end of this receiving tone, because I knew, that Hoseok had a dark side to him after all, and when he had to use it, he would. To what extent? I don’t know. Let’s just say that the last person whom Hoseok used that tone on had currently moved out of Seoul since Hoseok’s parents had to pay off a huge settlement to the victim, or he’d be sued and in jail by now.

As I turned around to face Hoseok, I felt my feet being lifted off the ground. He had grabbed me by my collars, shoving me to the wall behind, all the while staring at me with anguish pain in his eyes.

And that’s when I felt it. Hoseok’s anger, pain, confusion and most of his weight on my face as a punch landed there. The crowd shrieked as Namjoon and Jungkook tried to hold Hoseok back, but we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter