Chapter 20

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV:

I woke up with the remnants of yesterday’s memories and instantly felt my heart clenched just a tiny little bit.
Is this how it feels like to “fall out of love”?

But then again, how can I “fall out of love” if technically, Taehyung and I weren’t mutually in love in the first place?

I checked my phone for any messages, only to see messages from my group chat with Haneul and Jisoo and also a few messages from Hoseok.
A wave of disappointment came over me when I realized I still hadn’t received any texts from Taehyung.
I toyed with the idea of texting him first, but honestly I didn’t want to be a “third party” between Jisoo and him.

Not that I ever had a chance, but I just didn’t want to be connected to this anymore, even if it hurts and it’s lonely to be without Taehyung.

I reached out for the necklace that I tucked deep into my wallet, staring at it.

How I miss the times where he’d call me and we’d have late night phone calls, and I felt like I was somewhat important to him for him to rely on me like this.

How I miss the times where he’d just pop by over with takeouts and we’d cuddle and watch movies together, joking and laughing like we had no care in the world.

 

How I miss the times where we’d go out, hang out and get to know each other more. The times in the arcade, the times at Han river, the times at his house, how I miss them all.

 

Did he even miss me one bit?

Probably not.

Please heal my heart.

 

I flopped back onto my bed, laying down and staring at the empty dusty white ceiling.

As a tear dripped down my face, I felt my phone vibrate.

Taking a look at it, I realize the girls wanted to meet up today.

Umpf. Another puff of breath escaped as a sign of frustration.

Was I really in the right condition to meet them today?
When I already know what Jisoo was going to talk about?
About her date with Taehyung and how they probably kissed?

Yet another thing that I probably won’t get to experience with Taehyung.

As much as I didn’t want to join them for a hang out session to avoid the topic of Taehyung and her, something in me was darn curious about it.
And the more I thought about it, the stronger the curiosity grew, tempting me to find out my own answers.

Curiosity killed the cat.
And in this case, I’m the cat.
I’m only hoping that satisfaction will bring me back.

I headed towards Ahjumma’s store to meet up with the girls, after all we were supposed to have a quick lunch and chill session before well they go on their respective dates while I rot at home and try my best to get over the guy I like who happens to be dating my friend.

 

“Hey Jiyeon! You’re here early!” I winced as I heard Jisoo’s voice in a way-too-enthusiastic-for-my-anyone’s-good tone.

Why? Because she’d only be this happy if something good happened yesterday, right?

 

I braced myself for a bitter smile towards her, trying to conceal my jealousy beneath it. All of a sudden, I found myself to be such a disgusting hypocrite.

How could I be this jealous and sour about Jisoo’s and Taehyung’s not-so-new founded relationship (even though it still isn’t official yet), just because I couldn’t be the one who’s with him?

It’s probably really time to move on from this eh.

 

“Yeah, I didn’t think I’d get here this early too. Where’s Haneul?” This time I smiled towards her genuinely.

After today, after finding out everything that could possibly hurt me more, I’ll move on. No more mixed signals, no more confusion, no more false hopes.

 

“Oh, Haneul mentioned that she wouldn’t be coming today. Didn’t you check your phone?” Jisoo handed our group chat’s screen to me, showing me the message while I held back any expression that spoke of my frustration.

 

Damn. Without Haneul there for some support, how was I supposed to take in the pain alone? Not that it was her fault, considering the fact that I didn’t tell her of my plan.

 

I nodded towards Jisoo who was to preoccupied using her phone anyways, she probably was texting Taehyung seeing as to how her lips were curling by the corners.

 

I headed towards the Freezer, getting myself some Ice cream to eat for I did not seem to have the appetite for even my favorite ramyeon, besides, having Ice cream during winter seemed like an awfully delightful thing to do when your heart is wounded.

 

As I went back to the table, Jisoo was seemingly on the phone with someone and from the looks of it, she seemed to be talking to Taehyung.

I mean, who else can it be? She was twirling her hair and batting her eyes as if Taehyung was actually in front of her.

I felt a pinch in my heart but I reminded myself that the sole reason why I came here, was to have my heart broken and to crash my false hopes so I could stop pining after Taehyung, and hopefully reset everything.

 

As I inched nearer towards her, she abruptly cut the phone call before turning to me. “Jiyeon ah! I’m so happy! Taehyung just called and asked me out on a date early, I’ll be leaving after this soon!” I merely nodded my head in silence, but even that act seemed to have took a toll on me for it seemed as if my head was weighing a ton and I had difficulties in just nodding.

 

“How was yesterday for you and the guys?” Her voiced sounded so melodious and peaceful it actually pained me to hear that. Why couldn’t I be as happy and blissful as her? “It was fun! We got to sing lots of songs together!” I reached up towards my face in an attempt to tuck my hair behind my ears, only to have her grab my hands instead. “What happened to your hand?” Right. I almost forgot I scalded it yesterday and Hoseok had actually took care of it, although after the bath and everything, the bandage looks kinda messy and weird now.

 

I pulled my hand away from her, “Ah, it’s no big deal. I just scalded my hand by accident yesterday! Hoseok fixed that up for me already.” How could she always be so sweet and genuine, whereas I seemed to be unhappy towards her when she has done me no wrong?

 

“Ah! You guys are so cute! Total ship! By the way,” she broke out into giggle fits while she struggled to continue with her speech “Taehyung brought me to a Buckwheat field yesterday! Oh my god, do you know what that means?!”


I shook my head slowly, trying to comprehend the words she was throwing at me. Why was she getting so worked up over a buckwheat field for?

“Don’t you know the hidden meaning behind Buckwheat, stands for lover?!” She looked at me as if I was a kid who had the curiosity to learn of the world. Little did she know, the curiosity by now had already killed me.

“Congratulations.” I meekly muttered as she then proceeded to show me antagonizing selfies of Taehyung and her. Mind you, those were not very friendly to look at either. Pictures of her pecking his cheeks, while he had his boxy smile going on were flashing right in front of my eyes. If anything, I felt like I just had 10 bags of bricks thrown at me crushing what’s left of my soul to begin with.

 

Tick tock.

The images of their selfies kept replaying itself in my head while Jiyeon kept rambling on about their very wonderful date. Honestly, I had no interest in it and by now I’ve already achieved my motive. It seemed as though it was only a matter of time before they were official and that only seemed to break me apart even more.

Tick Tock.

I continued sitting there with a fake smile plastered onto my face, nodding and faking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter