Chapter 10

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon's POV:
The fall holidays ended as quickly as it came.

I spent it all on working and hanging out with Hangeul and the boys. I wasn't the ice cold princess that they knew, instead I was part of them. I was alot more outspoken, louder, I laughed more, I joked around more and mostly, I went from being tensed to someone who acted like a wild child.  

Really though, I only acted that way when I was around the boys, around strangers and the others, I was still the cool, calm, collected Park Jiyeon.

And today's the first day of school.

After this semester, I would be graduating and moving on to university. Finally a place where I could choose the major I love, do the things I like and achieve my dreams.

I went through literature for my first period and Biology's my second one. Both were subjects that I love.

I took down my notes in class, listened attentively and read the textbook quietly as compared to my other classmates who were busy chatting away.

Ah, so genes have the dominant ones and the recessive ones. Hence, if there's too much inbreed going on, the genes would automatically get more and more recessive, resulting in different types of syndromes. So that's one of the reason why genetic mutations will occur.

I was deep in my thought before I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. This was weird.

Haneul wasn't in my biology class, she took physics and besides Haneul I really don't have friends, so why would someone be tapping on my shoulder? I turned around, only to notice a very familiar looking girl staring at me.


"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"You're Park Jiyeon right?" I stared blankly at the girl, her hair was now brown but her features were still the same. I gave her a slight hesitant nod. Why was she saying hi to me, she recognized me?

"I'm Kim Jisoo! We met at the park the other day with the boys!" I was greeted with her bright smile and I wasn't sure how to react. I never knew we were in the same school, let alone in the same class. She was so pretty though, her personality seemed similar to Haneul. Quirky and bright. I met her smile with my own while observing her. My ice princess persona was taking over again.

"I didn't know you study here too! The boys are in the same school as us! We can join them for lunch time later together!" I blinked in surprise. WHAT? They were in the same school, as us?! How long have they even been here, how have I never noticed them?!

"You didn't know?" I shook my head, nope. But I do now.

"Park Jiyeon! Kim Jisoo! What are you guys doing, talking in my class?! Detention after school!" Argh, damn it. I forgot that Mr. Lee was the one teaching Biology and that he wasn't just the strictest teacher in school, he was also our discipline master. So much for wanting to go to the store after school for some spicy ramyeon. Now I've to be stuck in detention for 2 hours.

-

Jisoo was dragging me to the canteen in search of the boys and honestly, I wasn't that keen on it. I mean firstly, everyone's staring at us and I've no idea why. Okay scratch that, I think I know why. Ice cold princess Park Jiyeon is friends with the queenka Kim Jisoo? Since when? Ugh.

I found out that Jisoo was the queenka with the amount of fanboys that were looking at her, the amount of girls fawning over her. She was also explaining to me how she met the other boys because they were the kingkas. Another surprise for me but I've gotta say, with their looks and personality. It was kinda expected. Anyways, Jisoo seemed like the sweet and sincere type of queenka though. She was genuinely nice and she wasn't faking it. But I felt uncomfortable with the amount of attention focused on us. I preferred hiding in the shadows, blending in the background.

Jisoo finally found them, seated in the circular table that was right in the middle of the cafeteria. It felt like everyone's eyes were shooting daggers at me as we approached the table. I could see why though, a girl like me, getting close to them? I was just about to shrug away Jisoo's hand and walk away before I saw Haneul waving and gesturing to me. She was sitting with them?!

That brat, psh. I muttered under my breath. We reached the table and there was an awkward tension in the atmosphere. The silence was so thick I swear it was suffocating me by the second. Taehyung and Jisoo were exchanging looks while the other members gestured for us to have a seat.

Haneul accompanied to get my food while Jisoo stayed and chatted with the boys.

"So, how did you know Jisoo? You couldn't even be bothered about her back at the park! Yah! Just how many things are you hiding from me Park Jiyeon?" I shrugged and gave her a simple explanation of what happened during Biology class. "Jiyeon-ah, I think there's something you need to know before you get back in there to join them. I've somewhat noticed your feelings for Taehyung even though you didn't mention anything but I know you and I've seen the way you lose your calmness when you're around him. He's Jisoo's ex and from what I've heard, they're still in love with each other."

I felt a sudden pang to my heart.  Ah, is that what jealousy felt like? For the second time in my life, I felt insecure of myself. The first was when I showed Taehyung my house, and the second's today.

Of course. Everything made sense. Jisoo's the queenka, Taehyung's a kingka. How would he ever fall for someone like me? I should've known my place.

"Thank you for letting me know, Haneul." And in return, she gave me a hug. A form of support that I needed if I was going to get back to that table and oh, also sit in detention for two hours with Jisoo. Besides, she wasn't a bad person. It didn't make sense for me to be mean just because she and my crush were still in love.

It was awkward initially. But with Jin's lame dad jokes and Jungkook's silly memes faces, the atmosphere got better. I guess everyone seemed aware of my tiny crush for Taehyung considering how they always watched for my reactions when Jisoo and Taehyung had any interactions. Truth be told, I was trained for this. A poker face to mask any feelings and emotions I have. That was how I gained the title of Ice princess anyways. I did appreciate their care and concern though, in the meantime, I made a side note to myself, to forget Taehyung.



His POV:
I didn't expect Jiyeon to join us for lunch today. The way she came in, I could tell she was embarrassed and flustered. She was a hidden gem, that girl. Laying within the shadows, now that the spotlight was on her I'm sure she wanted nothing but to hide but how was she friends with Jisoo? Did she even know of Jisoo's relationship with Taehyung, and did Jisoo know of theirs? For the past fall holidays, Jiyeon and Taehyung's been spending an awful lot of time together.

They successfully got each other to open up and Taehyung's been getting better thanks to her. It really isn't my place to say or judge, but Taehyung has lots of problems. Jisoo was mainly one of them, he was healing from her but Jiyeon came in and sped up the healing process.

I've asked Taehyung before if he was using Jiyeon but he said no but I couldn't get a read on him.  I don't know if he was lying, or he was being truthful so I let the matter rest.

We all could see the way Jiyeon looked at Taehyung, her expressions were always different. Softer.

What we didn't know was whether Taehyung felt the same.

What they didn't know was that I looked at Jiyeon, the same way she looks at Taehyung.
 

Although the tension's pretty much gone now, I could tell that Jiyeon found out about Jisoo and Taehyung. Perhaps thanks to Haneul. I'd rather Jiyeon find out now than to fall in deeper and get hurt.

Her expressions were forced though, she's going back to her shell. Going back to being an Ice princess.


"Jiyeon ah! Would you be free after school today?"

She looked up at me with a questioning gaze.

"I've detention for 2 hours today, after school."

"It's alright! I'll wait for you! Give me a text when you're done, okay?" With that I got up to leave. I didn't want the rest of the group to notice my blushing cheeks or anything. I finally had the courage to ask her out.

 

Jiyeon's POV:
Jisoo and I were both headed towards the detention centre with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter