Chapter 22

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s POV:

The moment the words came out of my mouth, it felt as if time had stood still.

Her eyes brimmed with tears whereas her face looked defeated and confused. Looking at her face, it felt like someone had stabbed a knife right into my heart and decided it would be funny to twist it around, causing the pain to linger longer than it should.

So this is how liking someone feels like?
When they feel hurt, you’ll feel it too? Like a mirror, a reflection, she’s throwing all the hurt back at me.

I felt worse while looking at her and it feels like the pain just wouldn’t go away, and the only thing that the pain had created was a bigger and emptier void in my heart.

I turned around, away from her so she wouldn’t see the tears that were forming in my eyes.

And then I walked off. Leaving her behind.

 

Jiyeon’s POV:

“Let’s not fall in love. We don’t know each other very well. I’m sorry.”

 

His words kept ringing in my head.
What does he mean? Does he like me too? That’s why he used “Let’s”?

Except the questions didn’t last long in my head before they were replaced with the realization that I just got rejected.

What does he mean by we don’t know each other very well?!
Okay true, we did know each other for only a few months, but I thought we did know each other well enough at least? Unless… He was hiding something from me?

Was he?
The events of the past few months flashed across my head.
Hoseok was always saying how Taehyung had his reasons for not telling me and that I should wait.

Taehyung himself had already mentioned how Jisoo and him broke off due to some reasons he had.
And those times that he would get sensitive or cry to me etc.

Just what reason did he have? What was he hiding?

Or did he genuinely reject me because he didn’t like me and was finding some random excuse to cover it up? Was it about Jisoo?
Is this how rejection feels like? Because now, the hurt’s really starting to sink in and I feel my heart being run over by a truck before having someone trample on it into nothing but just fleshy torn pieces.

As I looked into his eyes, I felt like I could only plead with him.
Plead him to tell me what’s wrong, plead him to tell me why would he kiss me only to say this and plead him only to tell him to take his words back, to not leave me and leave a scar on my heart.

Don’t leave.

Don’t let me cry.

Not this time.

Not after yesterday.

 

His eyes reflected the same pain I felt, which only confused me more.

If he really did not feel anything for me at all, why would this hurt him?

My body trembled and my eyes slowly shifted back to the ground, I couldn’t bring myself to look at him, to be weak once more.

And when I finally did, all I was faced with is his back view that resembled that of falling petals that’s getting farther and farther away from me.

Look at me, calling you from behind with my heart.
You’re my painful love.
A love that’s by my side, but a love I can’t have and I don’t know why.

I guess this time I’ll have to erase your name off my mind.

Turning my back, a single tear trickled down my face.

How am I supposed to forget you when I don’t have closure?
A single statement of “Let’s not fall in love. We don’t know each other very well. I’m sorry” is supposed to resolve things, how?

As I headed home, I called Haneul over.

The only one whom I know I could trust and would be there for me.

I sank onto the sofa with my head on Haneul’s thighs while uncontrollably sobbing.

“I-is this how being r-rejected feels like? Why do I feel like I can’t let it go?”

Haneul was silent the whole time I told her about yesterday’s events and today’s rejection and the only movement that came from her was from her my hair.

After a good three hours of moping around, Haneul finally calmed me down and got my tears to stop.

“It pretty much sounds like he likes you too. I’m not sure why he did that, but if you’d like I could sound Yoongi out for you?”

I looked at her blankly, with a bunch of thoughts flooding my mind.

I mean, she could, why not?
But then again, would it really be okay to do so?
What if he was being serious about not wanting to fall in love?
And if it wasn’t an excuse after all?
Would I just be hurting myself again?

I shook my head at Haneul in determination.

“No, if I really need to find out. I want to do it myself.”

I wasn’t a wuss and I’m not intending to be one.

Instead of relying on others to find out the truth for me, I’d rather find it out myself.

Except, I could never find the courage to.

The next few days at school went on pretty awkward.
I wasn’t avoiding Taehyung but it sure seemed as if he was avoiding me.
I hardly see him around at school except for in the canteen, and even then he’d be talking to BTS and I wouldn’t even have the chance to go up to him and talk.

It seemed like BTS knew something happened between us and the fact that they’d always throw me pity looks or side eye Taehyung while they were talking to me didn’t exactly make the situation better either.

I sent him a couple texts since that day.
One of it asking if we were still friends to which he replied a single “yes.”

But the rest of my texts were pretty much ignored by him.
I stopped trying after awhile, mostly because I didn’t want to come off as a girl who couldn’t handle rejection.

Awkwardness and ignoring my texts aside, something else did change though.
Taehyung and Jisoo were no longer talking as much to each other either and their public display of affection seemed to have been toned down too. I’ve ot seen them flirting or had any skin ship in the last couple of days and frankly that just confused me even more.

Why would he reject me and at the same time be aloof to Jisoo?

Didn’t he like her??
 

The days flew by and pretty soon, days turned into weeks.
It’s been about 3 weeks since the incident between Taehyung and me happened and although the awkwardness and tension has eased between all of us, Taehyung and I still aren’t on speaking terms.

I forced myself to not think about him and go on with my life, hoping that one day I’ll completely forget about him.

During this period of time, I got closer to BTS. Mainly to Jimin, Hoseok and Namjoon.
Whereas Jin, Jungkook and Yoongi, although were friends with me but they stuck with Taehyung more.
I felt bad that it seemed as if BTS were split into two fractions because of me, especially when they were Taehyung’s friends.

And as bad as I felt, I didn’t want to give up on being friends with BTS either.
Because truthfully speaking, Hoseok, Jimin and Namjoon really helped to pick me up on my feet and got me to pull myself together.

 

Jimin would take me out to the movies and drag me out to play whenever I was feeling extra mopey. Namjoon would bring me to his studio where he made his music and we’d have a great jamming session together while Hoseok’s probably the one who did the most to drag me out of my depressive state and he would show up at my apartment with food every now and then.

Things were going pretty well for me in a long time since forever and I actually felt pretty good. I felt like I was healing and that I was finally moving on, I felt humane again.

No longer a sobbing mess or a jealous hypocritical freak of Jisoo and Taehyung.

I plopped myself down onto the couch waiting for Hoseok to drop by for movie night with pizza, surprisingly, Hoseok and I had gotten really close over this period of time.

We’d spend the weekend together and each weekend had its own theme.

The first weekend consisted of a trolling theme and it had us going to the mall to find weird clothes to try on and take funny pictures, before we eventually challenged each other to walk around the mall in those ridiculous clothes.

The second weekend had a food theme, where we went Biking together all around the streets, before café hopping. It felt like a food race, going to random places and eating as much food as we could in one day.

Today’s the third weekend and I was waiting for Hoseok to come by with a bunch of movies, that included Barbie and Disney ones while I prepared a whole serving of popcorn enough for 5 people.

We were planning to have a movie marathon for the entire weekend and we even prepared the Food panda app just so we could continuously order our meals if we were hungry.

The bell rang and I instinctively hopped out of my sofa, opening the door to a smiling sunshine Hoseok.

“Hey Hobi, you’re here early!” I greeted him with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter