Chapter 14

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV:

I pushed Taehyung away as quickly as I could simply
because “Ahchoo! Ahchoo! Achoo!” Well, this was mainly the reason.

3 sneezes in a row, is someone cursing me???

Taehyung was just there doing a double take at me and exploded into fits of laughter before reaching out to get a piece of tissue for me.

“Bless you.” I gave him a dry smile and reached out for the tissue.

“So why did you bring me to your apartment?” I mused.

“No reason. I thought since I’ve been to your apartment so many times, its only fair I bring you to mine for you to have a look.” He said it so casually for some reason I actually felt a small pang to my heart. Right, what was I expecting? For him to bring me here and profess his undying love for me? Nope. Definitely not the case. But nonetheless, I was actually glad he brought me to his not-so-humble-abode. Is he actually rich? Judging from my own not-so-shabby background and yet the place I stayed couldn’t even be compared to his, well, only in terms of size.

For some reason, his apartment felt so cold and empty.

Not a single shred of warmth was to be found, even the color choices were so cold and minimal. Almost as if he didn’t feel any attachment for this place at all.

“What do we do now?” I looked up at him, only to see him standing and shifting awkwardly at the other side.

“Do you play any video games? We could play!” I groaned at his answer. In contrary to most girls, they probably excelled in video games but I was the typical hidden-under-a-rock since the 20th century type of girl who’d never played any video games.

But uh, there is one that I do play and it’s probably the lamest thing ever. The Sims. My favorite game and franchise, I literally owned (or torrented) sims1 to sims4! That’s how obsessed I am to Sims.

“I at games. Can’t we just do something else?” I whined to him and guess what? It didn’t work.

“Come on Park Jiyeon! Don’t be such a spoiler. Besides, don’t you think you should follow the host’s rules??”

“But I’m the guest! Shouldn’t you treat your guests with hospitality?!” This time, I placed an okay sign at my puffed out cheeks and looked down, acting shy. Yup, I just did an aegyo for Kim Tae Hyung.


He came closer to me and squished my cheeks together with his palms making me look like a freaking pufferfish.

“Yahyah! What are you doing?!” My words came out in a jumble and well, I sounded like a fish making bubbub sounds. God, what did this crazy monkey guy think he’s doing?

“You’re cute. But say you’ll play Videogames with me or I won’t let you go!”

“Fine fine! But I get to choose the game!”

“DEAL!”

I’m guessing this wasn’t the type of game Taehyung expected seeing his bored out facial expression. He looked like he’d rather be going through some physical torture than to be playing this game with me. And that’s right, the game we’re playing is The Sims 2 Castaway, on his PSP.

 

I can’t help but to let out a chuckle upon seeing his face.

But this was the only game I’m good at and actually somewhat know the storyline to. So no, I wasn’t going to give that up.

 

“You know, had I known you’d be choosing this lame game, I wouldn’t have made you played at all. We’re much better off watching some movie or playing boring board games than controlling some virtual humans stuck on a bloody island!”

“Right. But you did after all made me play. You can choose the movie then. We’ll stop playing this in an hour!”

“Doesn’t this game ends?!”

“Er, nope. It doesn’t really. Its just a virtual simulation game so..”

And with that, he groaned again.
Although with that being said he definitely didn’t make my life any easier.

Every 5 minutes, Taehyung would be counting down and reminding me how long there is left to the 1hour time limit. And what annoyed me the most is the stupid fact he actually set up a timer for one hour, and another for every 5 minutes just so he could be precise about it and well annoy the heck out of me.

 

“5!”

 

“Shut it Taehyung! I’m trying to save the game!”

 

“4!”

 

“SHUT IT!”

 

“3!”

“IT’S SAVING. JUST HANG ON.”

 

“2!”

 

“SOON!”

 

“1!”

 

“OKAY IT SAVED THANK GOODNESS.”

 

“Why would you even save the game?!” Hearing his statement, I felt like a wave of mild panic washing itself over me. Oh god, did he mean that the game was lame and that I shouldn’t have saved it, or did he mean that I wouldn’t be in his apartment ever again so why bother to save my progress, right?

 

“Let’s watch my favorite movie. You’re the apple of my eye. It’s a Taiwanese movie though, there are subs for us. I think you’ll like it.” A jittery feeling flowed through me. In all the times Taehyung and I spent watching movies together, he’s never told me about his favorite movie and now here we are, watching his.

 

I hummed along to the tune of the movie’s OST and I felt a tickling sensation growing my eyes, before that sensation travelled down my face. I was actually crying at this movie. I turned around to look at Taehyung and it was as if I was staring at a mirror. At the same time, we both laughed and started calling each other nicknames, such like “Taetae crybaby!” or “Yeonie wussy!”

 

“Why’s your favorite movie such a sad one? Even the ost itself is sad.”

“No reason. I felt a connection to it.”

I grabbed the tissue box and started blowing my nose and drying my tears.

The movie was heartbreakingly realistic .
There’s always that popular good kid that the guys chase, and no matter how she pushes him away, he’d stay.

Except in this movie, the female lead has actually developed feelings for the male lead, and she was about to let him know that she shared the same sentiments only to have him say that he didn’t want to know her feelings. For fear that she’d reject him and he couldn’t be allowed to like her anymore.

I wanted so badly to smack the male lead and the female lead but I guess, these things happen in reality. And because of that missed confession and a fight, they eventually drifted and the girl ended up marrying another guy.

But what really hurt was the wedding scene, the scene where they showed the male lead kissing her husband, the way he would kiss her. Obviously the movie didn’t focus on the guy x guy part, but the scenes that tied the main leads together just had us bawling into tears.

“Tae, what would you like to eat for lunch? I’m hungry!” He looked surprised at the fact I gave him a nickname and I was just about to correct myself before he cut me off  “I want to eat steak.”

“Well, do you have, steak then?”

Ugh, I don’t understand Kim taehyung. Why couldn’t he just ordered delivery like a normal person would instead of dragging me to the grocery store to buy his bloody steak?

We didn’t sleep last night thanks to his impromptu visit and the late night talk at the park, neither did we sleep nor nap in the morning because he wanted to play video games and then we watched a movie after. God, he was literally tiring me out.

We went to the freezer section searching for steak, before moving on to the vegetable section. I wanted to look for potatoes just so I could make baked ones for us to eat.

“There’s a cart there! Come on Jiyeon let’s use that instead of this stupid basket!”
Before I could voice o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter