Chapter 8

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung's POV:
I looked at her with a stunned expression.

Did she really just invite me to her house? What about her parents, does she live alone?

But in reality I was really more worried about something else. What if I snapped? What if I lost control? What if she becomes afraid of me and she walks away? Would that be the real feeling of abandonment? Would she be the first?
 

Or, what if, just what if she could accept the real me, what if she could do that?

While I was still contemplating, she took my hand and dragged me into her house.

 

Jiyeon's POV:
He seemed so lost, like a puppy. He had to have alot of things going through his mind, for some reason, I couldn't find it in me to just send him back with him having that expression.

Maybe he wasn't as bad as I assumed. 

It's now or never Park Jiyeon. After all, that day at the graffiti place he did call you his friend, did he not? With my newly gained courage, I grabbed his hand and dragged him into my home.

"So, this is my place. It's quite small but make yourself at home!" I gave him a bright smile while showing him around. Okay, there was nothing much to show.

A living area, with a single bed and a kitchen. One look and you've seen the whole house.

For the first time, I felt embarrassed about my abode. I was worried he'd look down on me. Although I didn't know of their background, with the way they dressed and how they could afford to pay for the snacks and damages they caused during the food fight, I was fairly sure they were all quite well to do and to bring him here to see where I lived, well, that was a smart move. 

Yet another job well done, Jiyeon.

I wanted to hide my head underneath my pillows and blanket so badly, but since I couldn't, the only alternative was to face the floor and to not look at his eyes. Don't look at his eyes, don't look at him. I silently chanted to myself. I made enough stupid mistakes in one night and I certainly didn't need more.

"I like your home. It's small but cozy, I can tell how much effort you've put into designing this place. The canopy you've hung for yourself around the bed, the corner of the room where you have a rug and lots of cushions around? I can tell that's probably where you read! Oh wow, you've a small platform area here? What's that for?"

I was taken aback by how much he understood my efforts to beautify my crib, how much it took for me to personalize it.

"I'll tell you what's that platform area for, one day." I gave him a small smile before heading to the kitchen to make a drink.  I looked through and rummaged around my shelves, "Would you like hot chocolate or hot chocolate?" I turned around, letting out a sheepish grin. "I've been so busy I forgot to go groccery shopping. That's the only thing I have now. Sorry." 

"Depending on which Hot chocolate tastes better but I'd rather have the first option."

We both laughed, I never thought that Taehyung's dark clouds could disappear that quickly. He was being so kind, taking note of my low key embarrassment while high key turning them into humorous and considerate situations. 

I decided I like this side of Taehyung more, the one where he laughs and seems less guarded. 

"Jiyeon ah, you haven't had dinner right? I'm feeling a little peckish, I could use some food!"

"Yeah, I'm hungry too, I'll go see if I can whip something up."


Taehyung's POV:
"Here's $37. You can keep the change!" Ah, the chicken smells so good.  I've no idea how Jiyeon even lives alone, can you believe that her house doesn't even have ramyeon? I mean, what does she eat everyday after work? Take outs probably.

Aish that girl, she's gotta eat better and take better care of herself.

We resorted to ordering chicken and beer instead starving to death, and I insisted on treating her to this meal.

Okay she refused but I thought it'd make a pretty good housewarming gift. It was my first time here, so I guess this can still be considered some kind of house warming celebration right?


"Yah, Jiyeon! Chicken's here! Hurry up and eat!" She rushed out of the shower in her Little Twin Stars PJS with a towel wrapped around her head. I had to stop myself from staring at her because she looks so cute, with her milky white skin with some droplets of water on her face.

While eating, we cracked some jokes here and there and I got to know her better.

So she lived alone and her parents hardly come by to visit her, she was an only child and her only friend was Haneul. How she likes listening to ballads, pop, etc. She even showed me couple of her dance moves that she tried to learn, but she became so embarrassed by it she fell flat onto the sofa, earning huge laughter from me.

I found out that she loves rain beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter