Chapter 5

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV:

I stood in front of my wardrobe, with my messy bed hair. Honestly, I didn't even know why I was actually giving thought about what to wear.

I mean, it's not like I care about my image to them considering my attitude towards them during our first meeting and for the past few days, any possibility of a good impression was long gone. I was honestly contemplating about wearing my PJs out, well, I was wearing sweats and a oversized tee but it didn't look too shabby to me.

Yet the rational side of me was arguing and analysing about how I should still look put together even if I didn't care about them because I didn't want Haneul to feel bad or actually put her to shame, even if I didn't care about how they thought about me, I definitely didn't want them to think badly of her.

I picked out my favourite pair of high waisted jeans, a plain tank top, and covered myself up with my favourite silky-pink embroidered souvenir jacket. I bundled my hair into a ponytail, slapped on some whitening cream and a dual toned lipstick onto my face just to look more made up.

I chose a pair of Nikes Huaruche to go along with my outfit cause I didn't know what they were planning to do today.
 

At least with these shoes, I'd have no problem doing anything sporty.

 

 

10.50 am, I guess I was 10 minutes early then.

 I sent a text to Haneul asking where was she while walking over to the swings and waiting for them.

It was weird how the air felt staler than usual, how the trees were slowly starting to look bare, vulnerable and fragile.

It kinda reflected how I felt at this exact moment.

I was nervous, anxious and I found it hard to breathe normally.

The fallen leaves were everywhere and the skies looked darker than usual and I was sure it was going to rain later. I silently cursed myself for not checking the weather forecast and for not bringing an umbrella along.

"Isn't that Jiyeon? Why is she alone? Where's Haneul?" I looked up to see Hoseok talking to Yoongi while all seven of them were looking at me.

Damn it, I silently cursed Haneul for being late, leaving me alone with all seven of them.
 

I gave them all a silent gaze accompanied with the friendliest smile I could muster although I was pretty sure it felt or looked more like a grimace instead, before excusing myself to give Haneul a call.

"Lee. Haneul. Where the heck are you?! You were the one who set me up for this and now you're not even here and I'm stuck with all seven of them?!" 

All I managed to get out of her was that she's gonna be late for another 15 minutes before it was overwhelmed by her apologies that seem to be some kind of chant, and that she owed me a meal. Being the glutton I am, I'll never be one to pass up a free meal, and there she was forgiven. Pretty easily I'd say, but I was sure her wallet was gonna be bruised pretty badly too. 

Now there was only one problem. How do I get through fifteen minutes with the seven guys in front of me?

"Hello. Haneul told me to apologise to you guys and uh, she'd be here in fifteen minutes. Maybe if you guys are hungry or anything, y'all can go and get some food first while I wait for her?" I silently prayed to God, although I didn't believe in one, but let there be one now to save me, and have my plan worked. I wanted to send them away so I didn't had to deal with them all alone. 

"Nah it's cool, we'll wait for her along with you!! It's only fifteen minutes anyway!" I mentally cursed Hoseok for foiling my plans. Why did he had to be a ball of sunshine, looking so kindly at me??? And mind you, he looked so genuine and sincere that I actually felt bad for trying to blow them off, I guess Hoseok was probably the only one I felt comfortable with.
 

All I could do was give him a genuine smile and nod my head.

"You do realise you can't shake us off that easily right? If we have to deal with you for the whole day today, might as well start getting to know each other now so it wouldn't be awkward later? That's probably the best solution isnt it?" A whisper came so subtle and soft that I actually thought it was my gut speaking before I felt a hot breath landing on my ear. Before I knew it, I landed a punch on his face. 

Six of the guys were staring at me, either from shock or in awe of what I just did, and one was staring down at me with a smirk on his face.

While me on the other hand, was experiencing a myriad of emotions.

First off, I just punched a stranger and I'd like to give myself a pat on the back for protecting myself that well. I definitely did not learn Muay Thai in vain. Who asked him to come so close to me? Hasn't he heard of personal space? But before I could do any of that, I wanted to crawl a hole and bury myself in it. I realised who I had punched, he was the only one that got me captivated right from the start.
 

Taehyung
 

Something was just different, off, about him, it wasn't his looks nor his smile.  Rather, it was something about him. His personality, his gaze, it seemed like there were dark clouds floating around him. The way he acted, the vibe he gave me and something about him felt like he could see right through me, see right through the walls I built, see right through what's underneath me.
 

He was, after all, the one who whispered to me, seeing right through my plans anyway.
 

He knew of my plans, he knew what I was trying to do. He knew.
 

And for that very reason, I apologized for punching him. I was apologizing for being exposed, rather than the punch. After all, he didn't had to come that close to me. To the other six they thought I was apologizing for the punch, but to him, he knew.
 

 

"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late! I overslept so I had to rush over here. Did you guys get along just fine? Oh? Why is there a bruise on your face Taehyung?" Ah, lovely, an awkward silence started to form thanks to that question. I was just about to answer Haneul's question after clearing my throat but Jin the silent one spoke up for me instead. 
 

"Ah, Taehyung got punched by Jimin last night accidentally! It was a playful accident, don't worry about it." I looked at Jin in confusion, only to be sent a wink from him. I chuckled and mouthed him a word of thanks, I knew what he was trying to do.

He was trying to lessen the tension, indirectly telling me that it was over and Haneul didn't need to know about the incident from earlier, to prevent any conflicts. He also didn't want Haneul to know that Taehyung just got punched by a girl, that would probably bruise his ego. His genuine act of concern actually touched me. Somehow, he reminded me of a mom, how a mom would act and lie to protect her children. 

"AH! That's right! I was playing around with Taehyung too much last night. It'll heal soon!" Jimin actually flashed us his eyesmile. I was actually stunned upon seeing that. How could someone have such a cute eyesmile? I nodded and smiled at Jimin, he was trying to make me feel better and I thank him for that.

"Alright. Enough. Let's go eat, I'm hungry." Right, Yoongi. The man of few words, who was surprisingly rude to my bestfriend. Although my gut told me that there's something more to the way he act, but I'll let it pass. I didn't want another fight when one just barely passed.
 



We arrived at a small run down restaurant a few blocks away from the park. I can't believe i've never been here considering its close proximity from where I stayed. There wasn't any aircon, instead, there were four ceiling fans.
 

It wasn't anything fancy or overly decorated, it had brick walls, grungy texture, old school chairs and tables, it seemed like the restaurant had gone t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter