Secret

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After three days, Dahyun went back to school.

Her classmates greeted her and asked what happened to her for the past three days. She just smiled at them and lied that she had a flu.

Wonwoo nagged at her, told her to at least take a break for a week. Dahyun just told him that she's okay now and that he should not worry.

"I have to go home early." Wonwoo told her. They're on the rooftop having their lunch.

"Why?" Dahyun said while munching her food.

Wonwoo saw a mayonnaise on the side of and wiped it with his thumb. "Such a messy eater."

Dahyun grinned at him and just continued to eat her egg sandwich. "You still like me, though."

Wonwoo chuckled and patted her head. "Yeah." He handed her the strawberry milk, her favorite. Dahyun happily took it. "Anyways, I need to go home early so I won't be able to attend our afternoon classes. I'm saying this to you so you won't miss me that much."

Dahyun pouted. "You're leaving me?"

Wonwoo laughed and pinched her cheek. "You are so cute!" Then his face suddenly became serious.

Dahyun noticed it. "What's wrong?"

"I know that I have no right to tell you to stay away from Hansol but as long as we're here in school premises, we have to pretend that we're in a relationship. If other students see you, especially Mingyu, talking to Hansol, they will start creating rumors again. And that's the last thing I want to happen." Wonwoo saw how Dahyun's mood changed. She frowned and sighed. He feels guilty for doing this but they have no choice. "Listen, Dahyun. Hansol is dating someone. Just imagine what his girlfriend will feel if -- "

"I know. You don't have to tell me." Dahyun cut him off. She forced a smile. Yeah, she definitely knows what it feels like to see the person that you love with someone else. It hurts. A lot. 
Dahyun stood up and dusted her skirt. Wonwoo followed her and dusted his pants.

"So I guess I'll see you tomorrow. But you can text me if you feel bored during class or call me if you need me."

Dahyun nodded. "But where are you going anyway?"

"I have to see my mom."

---

It was dismissal time. Dahyun decided to spend some time in the library. She picked a book that finds her interests. She was too indulged in reading, she didn't notice the time.

"Oh crap."

It's already 5 in the afternoon. School is about to close in 30 minutes. She immediately gather her things and went to the librarian to ask permission to borrow the book she's reading.

She speed walking her way out of the school but she momentarily stopped when she heard an unfamiliar voice... or rather... voices.

She stepped back and hide on the wall in between her and wherever the voices came from.

She knows that it's rude to eavesdrop others' conversation but she doesn't know why she decided to stop and stay on her spot for a while.

"You still went to the Flower Festival?"

"Yeah."

"You must have been lonely. Sorry if I was not able to come with you. You know that I can't skip any of my special classes and club activities. I can't risk to lose my scholarship."

"Yeah I know that. And it's okay."

"So how was the Flower Festival? Did you have a great time?"

---

Hansol gulped and forced a smile. "Yeah I had a great time."

Chaeyoung pouted. "I was actually waiting for you to say that you don't because I'm not with you."

How will he supposed to say that he was not alone at that time? That he really had a great time not because he loves flowers, but because he's with someone else. That he's with Kim Dahyun.

"I... I actually feel sad... because you're not with me." It sounds forceful when he said those words.

But Chaeyoung grinned happily and throw her arms around him. "I know that you will say that! I actually feel sad too whenever you're not around." She looked up and smiled at her boyfriend.

---

Dahyun feels like she's been stabbed a million times. She holds onto her chest, it feels like she can't breathe. She slide down on the wall until she lightly reach the ground. Tears won't stop running down as she tries to steady her breathing.

"I have to go. I still need to attend my special classes. I'll call you later, hmm?" Chaeyoung pecked Hansol on the cheek. "I love you, Hansol."

Dahyun is a crying mess. She wants to let out the pain she's feeling inside but she doesn't want to get caught. So she covered and keep her sobs.

It took a long time for Hansol to reply... but seeing Chaeyoung anticipating for his reply, he said the three words that he finds hard to say.

"I love you."

Chaeyoung smiled tenderly at him. Hansol forced a smile and regret started to build up inside him.

The moment was ruined when a phone suddenly rings.

Both look around and then checked their phones. The ringtone was probably not theirs.

Chaeyoung followed the sound and was surprised to see a wreck Dahyun sitting on the floor. "Kim Dahyun!"

Just by the sound of her name, Hansol's eyes widened and he immediately ran to Chaeyoung's direction.

---

Wonwoo tries to contact Dahyun as soon as he left the restaurant where he met his mom.

"Come on, Dahyun. Answer the phone!"

He's pacing back and forth and casually running his hand through his hair due to frustration and anger. "Please, Dahyun. Answer the goddamn phone!"

"Wonwoo!" His mom ran after him. "Wonwoo, I'm not forcing you to believe me. But that's the truth. And you have the right to know it."

"Shut up!!!!" Wonwoo yelled at his mom. Tears started to form in his ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter