Return

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do I look good?" Dahyun asked her mom for the nth time.

Her mom chuckled and patted her cheeks. "If I say no, would you stop asking?"

She playfully rolled her eyes then smiled. "Mom, just answer my question."

"You always look good. No, scratch that. You are always beautiful."

Dahyun chuckled and checked the time.

7:30 p.m.

30 minutes more before he arrives.

"Your dad should be here by now." Her mom said as she put their remaining stuffs inside the duffel bag.

After a week, Dahyun can now finally go home after being discharged in the hospital.

She fainted a week ago and was rushed at the hospital immediately. The doctor said that it was due to over fatigue and advised her to stay at the hospital for further examinations.

Good thing, her doctor finally allowed her to go home. Perfect time to celebrate the Christmas Eve at home with both of her parents and her boyfriend... Vernon.

And now, they are waiting for him and her dad to arrive so they can finally go home and celebrate.

But 15 minutes...

10 minutes...

And another 5 minutes had passed but still there's no sign of her dad and Vernon.

She sighed and sat on the hospital bed as she watched her mom paced back and forth.

"I wanna go home." She said while puckering her lips. She then grabbed her phone and was about to contact Vernon, but it suddenly rang.

"Where are you?" She whined.

Vernon chuckled on the other line. "Look who's being impatient."

Dahyun lied down on the bed. "Please come faster."

"Okay okay. Just wait for a while. I'm about to cross the street now."

"Be careful." She said as she waits for his respond.

"It's so cold."

She can imagine him shivering. She smiled. "Did you wear the scarf that I made for you?"

"Of course! But it's not enough to keep me warm."

"Really? Then what will make you fully feel warm?"

"A hug from my girlfriend."

Dahyun bite her lip as she tries not to smile because of his cheesiness. "Then get here immediately so I can hug you."

"Aye aye captain!"

"The light's red now."

"Be careful, okay?" Dahyun said for the second time.

Just then she heard loud screams from the other line. "Vernon, what is happening?"

Then a loud screeching sound.

"Vernon?" She sat up from the bed. "Vernon, what is happening there? Answer me!"

"Dahyun..."

Then the line went off.

---

"Are you sure he's gonna come?" Wonwoo asked as he sling his bag on his shoulder.

Dahyun shrugged her shoulders. "That's what he told me awhile ago. But it's okay if he won't come. I don't think it's his responsibility to take me home."

Wonwoo grabbed her bag. "It's getting late. I'll take you home instead."

"You don't have to. I'll just call my mom."

But Wonwoo already went out the infirmary.

"Yah! Wonwoo!" Dahyun hurriedly ran up to him.

"Stop running!"

Dahyun and Wonwoo both turned their heads and saw an angry Mingyu. He stormed his way on their direction.

Dahyun though that Mingyu is gonna hurt her when he raised his hand. But her eyes widened when she felt a warm hand pressed on her forehead. "W-What are you doing?"

"Thank god you're okay now." Mingyu said and smiled in relief.

Dahyun's mouth hang open. And Wonwoo just boringly stared at him.

"But why the hell are you running? What if you tripped? What if you hurt yourself again? And what if... Hey, can you please close your mouth." Mingyu placed his hand on Dahyun's chin.

Dahyun moved back from the sudden skinship.

Wonwoo stand in between the two. "Stop it. You're scaring her."

Mingyu glared at Wonwoo. "You're not taking good care of your girlfriend."

"I'm sending her back to their home. Am I a good boyfriend now?" Wonwoo sarcastically asked. He then placed his arm around Dahyun and they started to walk out the school premises.

Dahyun looked back and saw the concern look on Mingyu's face. She slightly waved her hand at him and gave him a smile.

Mingyu was taken aback and doesn't know how he would respond.

He awkwardly raised his hand and waved back.

---

"What's the celebration for?" The seller asked as she handed the cake to Dajung.

He smiled. "My daughter finally got discharged from the hospital."

"That's good to know. I'm glad she's better now."

"Yeah."  He bowed and happily walked his way to the hospital to fetch his wife and daughter.

He then saw a familiar guy who was about to cross the street.

"Oh... It's Vernon."

He walks fast and was about to call out his name when he heard loud screams from behind.

"Look out!"

"Get out of the way!"

The people scream as they saw a car coming. It looks like the driver is drunk because the car is moving in different directions.

He faced front and saw Vernon busily talking to someone on the phone. His eyes widened when he saw the car fast approaching Vernon's direction.

Vernon stepped a foot when the light hits red. 

"Vernon, look out!"

Everything happened so fast, as he fell down on the ground and hit his head on something hard. He can feel the strong pain from inside his head. He blinked as he tries to steady his breathing. He saw his phone on the ground and struggled to reach out for it. The loud screams and callings are slightly fading away.

"D-Dahyun..." Was the last name he called before everythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter