Birthday

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun sighed for the nth time.

"What's wrong?" Vernon asked and gently squeezed her hand. "Are you not feeling okay?"

Ever since he knew about Dahyun's illness, he became overprotective towards her. That's why whenever he saw her feeling down, he became worried easily.

"Wonwoo... I wonder how is he. I haven't heard about him for a week," she said with a worried tone.

The last time she was with him was when he took her home, the day Vernon came back to her life. After dropping her off, he never heard of him again. She tried contacting him, but his phone is always off. She called his house phone, but the maids said that he's not around.

Dahyun knew that there's something bothering to Wonwoo and she can't help but wonder what it is.

"Do you miss him?" Vernon asked.

Dahyun stared at him and nodded.

He wrapped his arm around her, gently pulling her body closer to him. "It's okay. I bet he miss you too. He will soon contact you. Don't worry too much, okay?"

She leaned her head on his shoulders. "Okay."

---

"Ms. Dahyun called again, sir," the maid said when Wonwoo came inside the kitchen to get something to drink.

He didn't say anything and just drink a bottle of water, his muscles became tense when he heard Dahyun's name.

"I know I'm not in the position to intrude, but I think you should talk to her, sir," the maid continued. "Ms. Dahyun miss you so much, and I know that you miss her too."

Wonwoo leaned on the kitchen counter. He sighed and ruffled his hair. "I don't know how to face her, auntie."

"Did you hurt her?" The maid, who he called "auntie," asked. She is the oldest maid in the house. She took good care of Wonwoo ever since he was a kid and she knows about his relationship with Dahyun. Ever since Wonwoo brought Dahyun at their house for the first time, she knows that she's special for him.

"I unintentionally did," Wonwoo replied.

Auntie Min approached Wonwoo and gently patted his cheek. She looked at him with sadness. "I bet you already know everything that happened during that night."

Tears started to form in his eyes. "What should I do?" he asked with desperation. "How am I supposed to face her after knowing the truth?"

"Ms. Dahyun will understand," Auntie Min assured. "You're the one who already said it before, right? You said that she's different from others, and I do believe you. I do believe that Ms. Dahyun will understand."

---

"Tomorrow is his birthday," Dahyun began.

"And so?" Mingyu asked with a boring tone.

Dahyun glared at him and he immediately changed his facial expression from a bored one to an excited one.

Vernon wrapped his blazer on Dahyun's body and asked, "What's the plan then?"

Mingyu can't help but feel a bit jealous to Vernon. How he wish he can also do that casually to Dahyun.

"Just to inform you, Wonwoo hates surprises," Mingyu said, taking a sip of his drink.

They are at the cafe near Dahyun's house. At first, she's just planning to call Vernon and ask for his help, but then she remembered Mingyu so she also called him to come here. Ever since she saw Wonwoo and Mingyu casually talking again, she knew that they are good in terms already and she is very happy to know about it.

"I already know that," Dahyun said.

"So if we're not gonna surprise him, then what shall we do then?" Vernon asked.

"Deliver a cake to his house," Mingyu suggested.

"Too boring," Vernon remarked.

Mingyu glared at him but Vernon just ignored him. "Then, why don't you suggest anything?"

"Ask him to hangout," Vernon suggested.

"We can't even contact him so your suggestion is pointless," Mingyu retorted.

"Hey, stop arguing," Dahyun scolded them.

The two zipped their mouths and began to think of a plan in a serious matter.

After several minutes, Dahyun tiredly sighed. "I guess we have to do what he doesn't like to do."

"I swear, he will just throw us out of his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter