Pretend

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a good thing that Dahyun's first class is P.E. and they're required to change on their gym uniform. Her school uniform was soaked because of the rain so she hanged it for a while to dry.

She then slowly walk back in the gym. Her body is still shivering from the cold rain. She tries to steady her breathing for she doesn't want anybody to see how uneasy she looks.

"Okay Dahyun. Just remember what Dr. Kim told you. Breathe in," she inhaled. "Breathe out," then she slowly exhaled. She did this for three times until her breathing is back to normal.

"My body is still shivering, though." But she ignored it and hurriedly went to the gym.

She was just in time when she arrived.

Their professor asked them to form two lines, one for girls and one for boys.

She's 4th on the line. When she looked on the opposite side of her, she can't help but smile.

Hansol was opposite of hers, 4th on the line as well.

He knows that Dahyun is looking at him but he chose to ignore her presence.

Dahyun is not dumb not to notice that Hansol is avoiding her. She also saw his annoyed face and how he clenched his fist, like he wants to kill someone.

She feels guilty because it was her fault why he's being like this.

But she's not feeling sorry.

That was her dare to herself. To kiss Hansol.

She turned to face the front when their professor called the class' attention.

"Okay, since today is the first day of class, how about we do some running?"

Oh crap.

Dahyun panicked.

Run? She can't even... no, she's not even allowed to walk fast and now they're gonna do some running?

She saw the excited faces of her classmates, including Hansol.

What should she do?

She knows that her professors have the right to at least be informed about her condition but she chose not to tell anyone.

It's not that she doesn't trust anyone except her mom and personal doctor.

It's because she's scared that anyone of her professors might accidentally blurted out her condition that will lead for the students in this school to know about it.

And the last person she wants to know about it is Hansol.

She glanced at Hansol's direction. He's doing some stretching. She knows how much he loves sports activities. And he used to know how much she hates them.

She nervously stands on the line.

Their professor blow his whistle, signalling for them to stop stretching.

"The person you will run with is the person standing opposite of yours. This is not a race. This is a teamwork. You will begin running together and you will also be finishing together. That's it."

Hansol wanted to protest and switch positions with the person behind him but he knows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter