Epilogue

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vernon's POV

The day finally arrived. It was so unexpected, I was not able to prepare myself. Although I knew this would happen, but still I never prepare myself for the pain that will come and the loss that I will forever bear.

Dahyun is in a peaceful place now. I am happy that finally the pain and agony she's feeling are gone. She no longer needs to stay in the hospital, undergo check-ups, cry everytime her body is in pain, and pretend that she is fine.

As I hug tightly the urn where her ashes are placed, I can't help but tear up as I remember all of the struggles she faced alone. Those three years that I was away from her. Those three years that I forget about her.

The fact that she waited for me to come back. The fact that she declined doing a chemotherapy so her appearance won't change, so I won't be having a hard time remembering her. The fact that she insists on going to school even though her body is already feeling weak just to bravely approach me and make me soon remember her. The fact that Dahyun did all those things for me. Because she loves me.

I let out a sob as we get near the sea, the place where she found peace. Behind me are Wonwoo and Mingyu who are also in deep pain and sorrow.

Who would've thought that the three of us will be this close? Yeah, it's because of her. I bet she's smiling right now when she sees us walking together to take her home.

Our feets are drenched in water. We don't care if it's cold. What matters is that we're here to take Dahyun home, to the sea where she finds peace.

I slowly open the urn. I grabbed a handful of her ashes. Then I whispered on it, "You are now free from pain, my love." After that, I carefully scattered her ashes on the sea.

Wonwoo and Mingyu soon joined me.

"I will miss you, Dahyun," Mingyu said through his tears. "I am still very sorry for what I did to you in the past. I have so much regrets. I really wish that we could at least be together for a long time so I can make it up with you. But I'm happy that you are in a peaceful place now. You will no longer suffer from your illness. I promise that I will be a good guy. I will  try my best not to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter