Promises

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're hurt." She said while examining his face. Then she looked at his arm and saw some scratches. "Where did you get these?"

"I actually got hit by a bike, but I'm okay. Really." He said with a sheepish smile, but it vanished when Dahyun lightly touched one of his bruise.

"I'm not convinced." She stood up from her bed and opened her cabinet to get the first aid kit. Then she momentarily stopped and slowly faced Vernon. "Did you hit your head?"

Hansol automatically raised his hand and feel his head. He winced in pain when he touched something unfamiliar. "I think so." Then he saw Dahyun's worried face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I think you should see the doctor." Dahyun was about to leave the room and head downstairs to call their family doctor when he stopped her.

"I already said that I'm okay."

"What if you're not? What if your head got hurt? What if you forget everything again? What if you forget about me?"

Vernon hugged her tight. He felt her body shaking and he knows that she's crying again. He kissed the top of her head. "That won't happen again. I assure you."

She hugged him back and cried on his chest. "I'm just scared to lose you again."

He cupped her face and gently wiped her tears. "I'm not going anywhere. I won't leave you. I will never forget you again." Her tears continue to flow and the only thing he can at that moment is to sigh and place small kisses on her face to calm her down. "I love you so much, I can't afford to lose you again."

---

"Is she already asleep?" Mrs. Kim asked the moment he stepped down on the living room. She handed him a hot chocolate for which he took with full gratitude.

"Thanks, auntie."

She can't help but smile. "You really do remember everything. I'm glad you're back, Hansol. Or should I say, Vernon."

He smiled back. "I'm glad too." Then he bacame serious again. "I'm sorry if it took me so long to remember things. Dahyun must have been waiting for me for a very long time."

"A lot of things happened, Vernon. A lot of painful things, to be specific."

"I'm really sorry."

"It's okay." Mrs. Kim gently squeezed his hand. "What matters is that you're here now, you're back in Dahyun's life."

He placed his cup on the table and finally asked the question he's been yearning to ask ever since he met Dahyun after getting an amnesia. "Dahyun is not sick, right? I mean, it's not an illness, right?"

He thought that he will get an immediate answer but when he saw Mrs. Kim's sudden change of mood, he already knows the answer to his question.

And he wished he didn't ask so he won't be hurt like this.

---

He gently placed the fresh white roses in front of an old picture and silenty pray.

As he closed his eyes, he can't help but remember everything that happened that night.

The night he lose control of everything.

The night where it all began.

He's crying, but his eyes are still close because he's afraid to open them, he's afraid to see the cold reality.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

"Hey, why are you crying?"

She sniffed. "Ahh, it's nothing."

He fully entered her hospital room and sat on her bed. "Tell me. And I'll teach a lesson to whoever made you cry."

Dahyun chuckled and wiped her tears. "What? You're gonna punch my dad?"

Wonwoo frozed and looked away. "I... I won't do that."

Dahyun laughed.

"I thought it was another person. I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's okay. You're just concerned. And I know how much you hate girls who are crying." She said sarcastically.

"I don't hate you, okay?"

"I know, I know."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter