The List

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you blame yourself?"

Vernon snapped out of his thoughts when he heard that faint voice. He glanced on his side and saw Dahyun's worried face.

After the revelation that happened awhile ago, the atmosphere became awkward. Wonwoo can't believe on what he heard, he has so many questions to ask but he chose to leave and find a better time to sort things out.

As for Vernon's mother, she didn't ask Dahyun's forgiveness. She said that she's willing to face the consequences for what she did.

Dahyun's mother had probably informed about the revelation, as Mingyu overheard it all when he happened to pay a visit to Dahyun. He too was shocked for what he heard. Like Wonwoo, he wants answers too, but since he just got recently involved with their circle of friends, he chose to wait for Dahyun, or perhaps Wonwoo or Vernon, to tell everything to him.

"Do you blame yourself because she is your mother?" Dahyun asked. She looks tired and really down. Her face is still wet from her tears.

Vernon sat down beside her, unable to make eye contact with her. The truth is, he is blaming himself. But if he tells that to her, she will feel bad.

"Please don't," she caressed his face. "I don't want you to blame yourself for a mistake you didn't do." When he finally met her eyes, she cupped his face, "It's painful to know the truth, especially to lose my father. But it will be painful if things will be different between us just because of what happened. Three years being away from you is pure torture. I don't know what to do if you will be the one to stay away from me." Tears streamed down on her face. "I love you so much I just can't afford to be away from you."

He can't take it anymore. He pulled her in his arms and dugged his face on the crooked of her neck. "It's just so hard for me to accept the fact that my mother was the reason why your father died and for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter