Confession

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Have you heard about the new student?"

"Of course! They said that he's really handsome."

"He looks like a foreigner."

"I've never been atrracted with foreign looks but he's an exception."

"What's his name again?"

"Attention everyone!" The students hurriedly shushed their mouths and went back to their respective seats as soon as Mr. Park, their homeroom teacher, entered the classroom. "We have a new student." The class started murmuring again which annoyed Mr. Park, because they sound like bees buzzing inside his ears. "Quiet!" Again, the whole class shut their mouths and focused their attention to him. He smiled at them but it faltered a little when he saw a figure sitting at the back who looks really indulged to whatever it is she's looking at outside the window. Mr. Park folded his arms on his chest as he eyed the student. He raised an eyebrow when he saw her grinning and what she did next surprised the whole class and the new student. 

"Goal! Yes!!!!!" She stood up from her seat and pumped her fist in the air with a wide smile on her face.

"Kim Dahyun! Detention!"

And with that, the student named Dahyun stiffed and slowly looked at the whole class who is staring at her like she's a psycho. When she saw the angry look on Mr. Park's face, she nervously gulped and gave him a mischievous smile. "Sorry." Then she slowly sat down, avoiding the judging stares of her classmates. She covered herself with her long, black hair from too much embarassment.

"Oh! Another goal! Yes!"

Everyone's attention diverted to another student, and this time, it's the new student.

He pumped his fist in the air, just like what Dahyun did, his face also plastered with a big, wide smile just like her.

Dahyun's eyes widened and hanged open, including her fellow classmates and Mr. Park himself.

But soon, her lips formed a smile as she stares at the new student.

Just then, the new student looked at her direction. And in that moment, a sudden spark appear, for which both of them really enjoy. The feeling may be unfamiliar but it really feels good.

Mr. Park cleared his throat, gathering back the attention of his students. "Please introduce yourself."

He was supposed to introduce himself to all his classmates, but instead of looking at them, he continuously stares at the figure sitting at the back, who in return, is also staring back at him. "I'm Hansol Chwe. But just call me Hansol."

---

He holds on the picture frame and gently run his thumb on it, smiling a little as he stares at the picture inside it. "You still look the same." He carefully placed the picture frame back at her study table. He was expecting a small chuckle or perhaps a simple nod from her, but instead, she's just looking at him with an unreadable expression. "What's wrong?" he asked as he approached her and sat beside her on the bed.

"I just can't believe that you're here inside my room, sitting her beside me, talking to me so casually. I just... I don't know how to explain it."

Hansol gently grabbed her hand and lightly squeezed it. "I'm sorry for making you wait that long."

Dahyun cupped his face. "I can't believe that you're back." She can't help but teared up. "How long has it been? 3 years? 3 years of you not being there with me. I... I just don't want that to happen again. I don't want to lose you."

He pulled her in his arms and planted a soft kiss above her head. "I will not go anywhere again. I will not leave you."

Dahyun closed her eyes and savors that moment she's in Vernon's arms.

Finally, after 3 years, she feels his warmth, she smells his scent, she hears his deep voice.

After 3 years, they were able to be reunited again.

All those tears she shed, the sufferings and longingness she felt, they all finally reached their stop because Vernon is back in her life.

---

"So, you like sports?"

Dahyun slowly turns around and come face to face with the new student. "Hansol Chwe," she doesn't know why she suddenly blurted out his name.

Just like her, Hansol was shocked too. He's not expecting that kind of reaction fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter