Advice

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mrs. Kim?"

Mrs. Kim stopped on her tracks and turned around. Surprise was written on her face as she saw Hansol standing in front of her. "Oh... Hi, Hansol." She bowed as Hansol bowed at her.

Mrs. Kim decided to buy some groceries and cook something special for Dahyun tonight since she's been seeing something different with her daughter ever since she went back from school 2 days ago. She knows that something bad happened. But she didn't dare to ask Dahyun because she knows that she won't tell anything to her.

Hansol scratched the back of his neck. "Umm... Are you with Dahyun?"

Mrs. Kim smiled and shook her head. "She's not feeling well."

His eyes widened. "Did she get sick again?" He asked with a concerned tone.

Mrs. Kim bitterly smiled. If only she can say that her daughter has been sick all this time, both physically and emotionally. But she remembered that she's not in the position to tell it to Hansol and she already made a promise to Dahyun.

"She will be fine." She said with pure hope.

Hansol looked down on the floor, his shoulders deflated. "I'm really sorry."

"For what?"

He raised his head up and faced Mrs. Kim. "It's my fault why she's not feeling okay. I'm really sorry, Mrs. Kim." He apologized and bowed with pure sincerity.

Mrs. Kim doesn't exactly know what really happened, but the fact the Hansol is sincerely apologizing, it really looks like it's not just an ordinary problem. 
She patted Hansol's shoulder and smiled at him. "It's okay. This will soon pass. Dahyun is not the type of person to hold grudges."

Hansol just nodded. He still feels bad, though. He badly wants to ask for Dahyun's contact number or even their address but he doesn't want her mom to get the wrong idea.

"Hansol?"

He looked at Mrs. Kim again.

"As a mother, I want what's best for my daughter. Her happiness comes first. That's why even if it's hard for me to see her struggling or hurting... but she still insists to continue, to move forward... I still support her. I'm still here for her."

Hansol doesn't know why she's saying these things to him. But he can see her point. And surprisingly, it feels like he knows what's exactly she's talking about. Like it's a puzzle that he's too near to solve but still there are pieces that are still missing, that he needs to find out.

"Can you do me a favor?"

He didn't answer. But Mrs. Kim took his silence as a yes.

"Please make Dahyun happy for the last time."

---

Dahyun gently closed the door of her lockers. She then slowly walked her way in her classroom. She's been spacing out since morning. Her mother noticed it so she insisted on taking her to school today. She just nodded her head and just let her mom take her to school.

And now that she's here, she feels lost. Like the feeling of belongingness is not there.

She stopped walking and hold on the walls for support. Lately, she's been feeling weaker and weaker. Her emotions have a big effect on her stamina and she can't help but get mad at herself for having this gloomy feeling.

"Come on, Dahyun. Cheer up. Stop lurking around. You should smile." She forced to smile but then it faltered when she suddenly felt dizzy. She holds onto her head as her vision started to blurry. "Stop... overthinking. Stop... stop..." then she felt a hot liquid dripping from her nose. With a shaky hand, she reached for her nose and her eyes widened in horror when she saw blood continuously dripping down. She looked up, trying to make the blood stop, but it didn't work. She closed her eyes, calming herself. "Please... not now. Not here."

"!" Her eyes opened and saw the last person she expected to encounter. Mingyu ran on her side and gently put his handkerchief on her nose. "! Why won't it stop bleeding?!" He dabbed the soft cloth on her nose, careful not to press it hard. "We need to get you in the infirmary." Without waiting for her reply, Mingyu carried her bridal style.

---

When Hansol reached their classroom, his eyes automatically search for Dahyun. But apparently, her seat is empty.

Class is about to start. He wonders when is she coming.

"Have you seen Dahyun?" He asked his seatmate.

"I saw her at the lockers area this morning. I thought she's here already."

Hansol grew worried.

Did something happened to her?

Is she still not feeling well?

He glanced back at her empty seat.

Kim Dahyun, where are you?

---

Wonwoo decided to avoid Dahyun. He doesn't know how he will face her after knowing the truth. He feels ashamed of what his father did to her. At the same time, he feels ashamed of himself. He's the sole reason why Dahyun's father died. He killed him...

And he's also the reason why Dahyun became the forgotten lover... the forgotten lover of Vernon... the forgotten lover of Hansol Chwe.

Wonwoo closed his eyes and took a deep breath before entering their classroom.

No matter how hard it is, he already decided to avoid Dahyun forever.

Call him coward, but if you were in his situation, you will never understand the strong guilty feeling that he's undergoing right now. The fact that the reason of why the person he loves the most is suffering from too much pain, was because of his reckless act.

He slowly walked his way on his seat, not making any eye contact with his classmates. But his eyes diverted on Hansol's direction and he feels guilty again, so he divert his eyes back and increase his pace but stopped momentarily when he saw the empty seat beside his.

Dahyun is not there.

He saw Hansol worriedly staring at Dahyun's empty seat, and he also can't help but feel worried and wonder why she's still not here yet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter