The Feelings

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what happened at the hallways, Dahyun became distant to other students. She's avoiding their gazes, tries her best not to get affected for what ever they are saying behind her back, pretends that she doesn't hear anything.

But deep inside, she's having a mix of emotions.

From anger to sadness, sadness to worry, worry to confusion, confusion to heart break.

But either way, to summarize all of these emotions, it's pretty obvious that she's not happy.

And Wonwoo knows that.

That's why he's feeling very guilty for what he did yesterday.

Dahyun never talked to him after that. She doesn't even looked at him.

And he knows the reason why.

Letting out a deep sigh, he leaned his back to the wall and momentarily closed his eyes. He's at the rooftop again. The only place where he can freely express his true self. The Wonwoo who is weak. The desperate Wonwoo.

He can still remember her shocked face after he kissed her.

Of course, who wouldn't be shocked after what he did. Even him is surprised for his action.

But he has a reason why he did that.

He wants to prove to them that Dahyun is not what they think she is.

Until now, he's still pissed of what Mingyu said to her.

Yes, the male student who humiliated Dahyun in front of so many people is no other than Wonwoo's ultimate rival, Kim Mingyu.

The two have been rivals since they were in middle school. It all started when Wonwoo effortlessly defeated him in a basketball match, earning him the spot to be the team captain of the said sports club, and for Mingyu to lose the position he's been dreaming to have.

Wonwoo has been continuously defeating Mingyu unintentionally every time there is a competition, whether it's academically or sports related. For Wonwoo, it means nothing since at the first place, it was not his intention to win, but for Mingyu, it's an insult.

Mingyu's anger towards Wonwoo sparks more when his ex-girlfriend confessed that she likes Wonwoo more than him.

When Mingyu confronted Wonwoo about it, Wonwoo just ignored his presence which pissed him more, resulting for him to punch in the face, not caring if Wonwoo is the son of the director of the school.

Wonwoo, on the other hand, just let everything Mingyu did to him passed.

But what he did to Dahyun is beyond his limit.

No one messes with Wonwoo's possession, especially Kim Dahyun.

To be honest, he really wants to confront Mingyu now and teach him a lesson. But realizing the current situation between him and Dahyun, he decided to do it some other time.

For now, he has to fix his relationship with Dahyun.

Or else he will go crazy if he loses her again.

---

Hansol can't seem to focus on doing anything ever since what happened at the hallways.

Dahyun is avoiding everyone, even Wonwoo. Even him.

He can't help but feel worried about her.

She doesn't smile anymore. He can't hear her laugh and voice when she talks to their other classmates.

Their eyes doesn't met anymore.

In other words, Hansol missed her so much.

He thinks that staying in a quiet place like the library can give him a peace of mind. But it seems like he can't take Dahyun off his mind.

Closing his book, he decided to take a break.

He rested his head on the table while looking at the window.

He can see other students, looking normal, like nothing happened yesterday.

Like the hell they care. They personally don't know Dahyun that's why it's easy for them to judge her.

But then he realized that he's not different from them.

He doesn't know Dahyun. And until now, it still haunts him how did she know his name.

He massaged his temples. His overthinking again. And who's fault is it? Kim Dahyun.

Ever since he met her, his mind has been wandering off, it's full of Kim Dahyun. He grew curious about her, and he doesn't understand why she has an effect like that to him.

It seems like he knows her. But he doesn't knows her.

Confusing, right?

He sighed and glanced from outside the window again.

It's dismissal time. The students are flocking their way at the school gate, while the others decided to stay at the school vicinity.

Right at that moment, he saw a familiar figure slowly walking her way out of the school.

He sat up straight and hurriedly put all his stuffs inside his bag.

Again, he doesn't know what he is doing but it feels like he must do this or else he will forever have regrets.

He runs as fast as he could, apologizing to some students he accidentally bumped into, not caring about the curious stares others are giving him.

When he reached the gate, he was out of breath. Realizing that he ran all the way from the third floor of their school building.

He looked to his left and doesn't see her.

When he looked to his right, he released a sigh of relief when he saw her small back.

Unconsciously, he began to smile.

He walked behind her, matching his steps to hers.

He has always been walking ahead of her, that's why he just noticed how long her hair is.

Her hair is flowing freely from her back, flowing along the wind. 
Hansol can't help but admire it. It looks so tempting to touch.

He wonders how does it feel when he touched it. Her hair looks soft, so maybe it's soft to touch.

He unconsciously, lifted his arm, reaching out to her.

But then, her phone rang, making her stop to walk.

He stopped walking too. He panicked when she side glanced. Should he hide? Or should he just simply reveal himself?

Good thing, she didn't noticed him when she grabbed her phone inside the pocket of her skirt.

"Hello, mom? Yeah, I'm on my way home. Yeah, I ate my lunch. Of course not. Why would I forget to take them all? No, there's no need. I can go home by myself. Okay, I'll see you at home. Bye, I love you too."

She put back her phone inside her pocket. But she didn't notice the keychain hanging on it dropped on the ground as she began to walk again.

Hansol picked it up and his brows furrowed when he saw the keychain.

A name was embroided on it.

"Vernon?"

A flashed of unfamiliar memories came to his mind, making him hold his head in pain. He shook his head, trying to ease the pain.

What are those things he just saw?

Vernon... who is Vernon?

His heart is beating fast, making for him hard to breath.

He clutched onto his head again.

He started to feel dizzy.

Why is he feeling like this?

What is wrong with him?

When he looked up, he met concerned eyes.

His arms instantly wrapped around her small body. That familiar scent, he can smell it again. That sweet scent of vanilla.

"Hansol, are you okay? What's wrong?"

Finally, he heard her voice. Finally, she talked to him.

Oh, how he missed her calling his name.

Oh, how he missed those concerned eyes.

Oh, how he missed her scent.

Oh, how he missed Kim Dahyun.

"Dahyun..."

Dahyun tries to look at his face, to see if he's okay, but he stopped her and hugged her tight.

"I miss you."

Dahyun froze on the spot, her eyes widened. With full force, she breaks away from his arms.

With pure longing, hoping that what she's thinking and feeling is true, she asked, "Do you remember me now?"

"Huh?"

But then again, fate must have been too hard for her. Because her hopes have been dragged down.

She stepped back, making a distance between her and Hansol. "Nevermind. Just forget what I asked." Then she turned away from him, intending to run away from him, to run away for the pain, to run away from the cold reality.

The reality that Hansol will never remember her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter