The Dare

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure about this?" Her mom asked for the nth time.

She nodded, smiling.

Her mom helped her put on her bagpack. "Isn't it a little heavy?"

"It's not heavy." She lied. It really is a bit heavy. But she wants to look strong in front of her mom. "I'm going now."

"I'll take you there."

"Mom, I'll be fine. Don't worry." She smiled again.

Her mom worriedly smiled back and nodded her head. "Fine. But you have to call me as soon as you get in there, okay?"

"Okay!" She did an "OK" sign.

---

Dahyun nervously walked her way to the bus stop. Part of her wants to stop this, but another part of her wants to continue or else she will forever regret it.

Stepping her fear aside, she waits patiently for the bus to arrive.

7:30 am. Perfect timing.

She showed her fake smile again as she felt the presence of someone standing beside her.

This is it.

"Long time no see, Hansol."

The person which she called "Hansol" turns to her direction, scanning her face.

When was the last time she felt this amazing feeling? Oh right. Before that happened.

She can't help it. Tears slowly formed in her eyes.

She really missed him so much.

Holding back her tears, she hopes that he will at least give her a different reply.

"Who are you?"

But reality hurts and life is so unfair.

"I'm Kim Dahyun." She tries to speak normally, like she's okay. But deep inside she's not.

"Sorry, I don't know you."

You do. You just forgot.

The bus arrived.

Dahyun frozed on her spot. She can't move an inch. The bitter reality hits her hard.

---

Hansol is already inside the bus. He's looking for a seat but he saw the girl earlier still not getting inside.

"What is she doing? She's gonna be late." Wait... why do I care? He shook his head and went back in finding a seat.

But his feeling does not cooperate with his body. "Aish!" He walked back to the door.

But the driver closed it before he could get out.

"Wait! She's still out!"

"We've been waiting for her to get in but it takes her a long time."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter