Flowers

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Wake up, Vernon! Wake up," Dahyun tugged on Vernon's shirt who is soundly sleeping on the folding bed beside the hospital bed where she's lying at.

Vernon stirred and his side, his back facing Dahyun and went back to sleep.

She sat up and folded her arms on her chest. "Yah!" she shouted, but still she didn't get any response.

She poked Vernon's back but the said guy is still sound asleep. She puffed her cheeks from frustration and carefully get on the folding bed. Since the folding bed is too small and can only fit one person, Dahyun struggled to fit in on it even if Vernon is sleeping on his side.

Without hesitation, Dahyun climbed up on Vernon's body and straddled him. "Wake up~~~~!" She yelled while shaking his body.

Vernon finally moved and was surprised to see Dahyun on top of him. "What are you doing?" he lied down properly, hands on Dahyun's waist so she won't fall. "It's still earl, baby. Go back to sleep," he said, sounding really sleepy, when he saw the time on the wall clock.

But Dahyun is too persistent, she lightly slap Vernon's chest. "No! Yoy should wake up now!"

Vernon groaned and hold both of her hands to stop her from slapping his chest. "But I want to sleep more. We sleep late last night, remember? Come here," he pulled her on his chest.

Dahyun gasped and blush when the side of her face met Vernon's chest. She sniffed his scent and burried her face on his chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. "But I want you to wake up now so we can prepare to go to the Flower Festival," she mumbled.

Vernon, eyes still closed, asked, "Are you that excited to see the flowers?" He felt Dahyun nodded. He lightly chuckled and caressed her hair. "Okay, give me 30 minutes more, hmm? I want to regain some energy, then after that we will go to the Flower Festival."

Dahyun looked up at him. "Really?" she asked, really excited.

Vernon chuckled at her reaction and nodded.

Dahyun planted a soft kiss on his chin. "Yes! I can't wait!" Then she buried her face on Vernon's chest again.

---

As promised, after 30 minutes, Vernon woke up. After they prepared and dressed up, he asked her doctor if she can take her out for awhile. The doctor agreed. They hailed a taxi and went to the venue where the Flower Festival will be held.

When they got on the venue, Dahyun immediately looked for her favorite flower. The sunflower.

Vernon caught up with her. He panted and crouched down a bit because Dahyun has been walking fast. "Slow down," he said to her. But Dahyun was too immersed in finding the sunflowers.

Her eyes lit up when she fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter