Cold Reality

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is she gonna be okay?" Mingyu asked his dad as soon as they got in their hospital.

Dahyun was rushed quickly in the emergency room with her mother and Vernon. Mingyu, on the other hand, keep a close distance with his dad who is also in a rush so he can check on Dahyun.

"I don't know. I need to check her first," Mingyu's father answered. When he got all the things he needed, he hurriedly went in the emergency room where Dahyun is waiting for him. But Mingyu stopped him for a moment. "Mingyu, I need to go. Your friend needs me." He was about to say something more but when he saw the worried look and teary eyes of his son, he was loss of words.

"Please, dad. Please save her. I'm begging you," Mingyu silently cried.

His dad gently patted his back. "I will do my best," he said in a dedicated voice. Seeing how his son cares a lot for this girl, he can't seem to turn down his wish. Although he knows that there's a huge possibility that things might not turn out to be good, he's willing to do his best to save his patient.

---

"Young master, what are you still doing here?" Wonwoo's nanny asked when she saw him curled up in his bed. "Ms. Dahyun will surely look for you when she wakes up."

"What if she doesn't wake up?" Wonwoo asked in a scared tone. "What if she dies? What if she's gone? What if..." tears started to flow and his breathing became unsteady.

"Young master, you should not think that way!" His nanny approached him and sat on his bed, his back facing her. "Ms. Dahyun needs you. She told you that you're her source of strength, so why are you sulking here instead of being there with her?"

"Because I'm scared... I'm scared to face her... Because it's my fault that her life become miserable. I've caused her so much pain. I killed her father! Her boyfriend lost his memories because of me! And now... she fainted because she was too busy planning for my stupid birthday!" Wonwoo cried. "I'm such a bad person... All this time, I'm hurting the girl that I love... I never do something good for her."

"You're wrong, Young Master," his nanny placed a hand on top of his head. "All this time, you are wrong."

Wonwoo can't seem to understand what she is saying.

"I should not be the one telling this to you, but I don't want to see you having a hard situation and continuously blaming yourself," she said while lightly tapping Wonwoo's head like a baby. "Three years ago, your father did something every father will supposed to do for his son."

Curious with her words, Wonwoo slowly turned around and faced his nanny. "What are you saying?"

"You might think that he's cruel for covering up about the accident that happened 3 years ago, but you're wrong. He actually made everything right, Wonwoo. He believes that you're innocent, that you wouldn't do something wreckless like killing other people. That's why, he did everything just to keep you safe from the investigation. Instead, he hired a private investigator about what happened 3 years ago. And it turns out that everything that happened was planned. You and Dahyun's father were used to make the plan worked. And Vernon was the poor victim of everything."

Wonwoo sat up, eyes intently looking at his nanny. "What do you mean Vernon was the victim and me and Mr. Kim were used for that goddamn plan?" He can't help but raised his voice.

His nanny looked down and hold his hands tight, suppressing her tears. "You should be thankful that you were born with good parents, unlike Vernon. That guy has been through a lot. He and Dahyun have been suffering a lot because of his cruel mother. Even I can't believe that she will do that to her son," she said in a shaky tone.

Wonwoo doesn't need to tell her to explain futher because her last statements already got him feeling bad for Dahyun, and most especially to Vernon. He feels bad for him and he can't help but feel guilty for treating him bad.

"You should go. Dahyun needs you. And this time, be a good friend for Vernon too," she said before leaving his room.

---

"What are you doing here?" Vernon can't help but get pissed when he saw his mother standing in front of Dahyun's room. He just came back from Dahyun's house to pick up some of her clothes. Dahyun's mom told him that sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter