Apologies

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's been three days since Dahyun got hospitalized. And you didn't even pay her a visit," Mingyu nagged at Wonwoo over and over again, but the latter didn't even pay attention to him. He's deep in his thoughts as he stared out of nowhere. "I don't know what really happened between you, Dahyun and Hansol before. But as a friend, I advised you to face your problem, face Dahyun." And with those last words, Mingyu left Wonwoo, hoping that he will at least follow his advice.

As the door shut, Wonwoo released a long sigh. He lied down on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, contemplating of a lot of things. He's fighting the urge to visit Dahyun in the hospital. Everytime he thinks about what happened three years ago, fear and guilt crept up to him.

How can he be so naive? How can be so selfish? How can he be so careless with his actions?

If only a simple "sorry" is enough to correct that one mistake that ruined Dahyun's life, then he's willing to say it over and over again until everything's back to how it's supposed to be. But no matter how you turn things out, a mistake was already done and things will never be the same again.

---

A knock on the door wake Dahyun up on her thoughts. She didn't move an inch from her spot, still facing the window while sitting on the hospital bed.

"Hansol, why is it that the sky looks gloomy today? Will it rain?" She asked, not looking at back. "I hope it won't rain. Wonwoo won't come out from his house if it starts raining. He hates rain so much. He won't be able to visit me again if that happens," she pouted a bit and playfully swings her legs.

"I am here now."

A very familiar, deep voice, made Dahyun stopped and immediately turn around.

Her eyes brightened up when she saw the man she's been yearning to see ever since she got hospitalized. "Wonwoo!" She attempted to stand up but Wonwoo rushed to her and stopped her.

"You don't need to stand," Wonwoo slowly sat beside her. He holds her cold hands and he became really worried when he saw her very paled skin. "I'm sorry if it took me so long to visit you. It's just that --- " He was cut off when Dahyun gently put a finger on his lips.

"There you go again. Always apologizing," Dahyun rolled her eyes at him. "I'm not mad at you for not visiting me. I'm actually worried about you." Her brows creased as she observed his face. "You look really stressed and thin. Have you been eating well?" She moved her face closer to hers as she examined closely his face. "Look at those dark circles on your eyes," her voice sounds really worried, as she caressed his face. "Wonwoo, is there something bothering you?" she asked, full of concern.

Wonwoo held her hands, gently squeezing it, and let out a forced smile. "I'm fine. If there's anyone who is not okay, it's you." He tucked a strand of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter