Chapter 32

Picture Perfect Love

 

The Fairytale ending.

After one month…
Guigui stares at the view hanging before her. Never did she imagine that after all the camera flashes and spotlights she will be able to see the natural beauty of the daylight. After the smoke and cacophony of the city life, she experiences the peaceful breeze of the province.

“Guigui!” A little girl came running towards her.

“Hey Mini” Guigui opened her eyes and saw the smiling girl dash to her.

Mini is the little girl Guigui painted the “Mother and Child’. She became her neighbor when Guigui moved in. When Mini found out that she’s a three-minute walk away from Guigui’s house, she decided to go there everyday, after class.

“Is there any problem?” she asked when Mini reached her. Mini was still catching her breath. “Why were you running?” she knelt down and fixed Mini’s hair which was slightly messed up because of running against the wind.

“Someone’s looking for you.”

“Who?”

Mini pointed to a car meters away from them. Then a lady went out of the driver’s side. She walked closer until Guigui got a hint to who she was. Hebe. What is she doing here? What does she want? These are the questions bugging Guigui's mind. She stood up unconsciously.

“Hey guigui.” Hebe said, smiling a little.

“Hey back. What are you here for?”

“We need to talk.”

Guigui faced Mini. “Let’s play later. Okay? I just have to talk with my friend.” The little girl understood and went off. When she was no where in sight…

“So, how are you?” Guigui asked.

“Stressed, worried, and disappointed…You?”

“The exact opposite...” Guigui laughed. “How’s everyone?” Hebe didn’t answer. She and Guigui walked until they found a good bench to sit on.

“We’ve been looking for you.”

“I know” Guigui answered looking at her shoes.

“Why did you run?” she asked, concern filling in her eyes. She held Guigui’s hands giving her a sense of comfort, saying everything will be alright.

“I don’t know. My instinct tells me to run.” She looked down on their tangled hands because she doesn’t have the courage to look in her eyes.

“You’re a smart woman. Why did you let ‘instinct’ take control? Do you know that by doing this, you’ll get hurt?”

“Better be hurt than hurt.”

“And who the hell are you going to hurt?” Hebe asked.

“Everyone…You…Aaron…”

“You’re not going to hurt me. Aaron and I are not together…not anymore.” Hebe paused. “All my life, I thought that fairytales existed, that one day I’ll be able to feel like a princess, that I’ll meet my prince. My mom promised me that I’ll find my own fairytale. True enough, my life had been perfect but I didn’t find the right prince.

Then I met Aaron. I fell in love…again. But again, I’m not his fairytale; you are. I can’t force him to love me and I can’t stop him from loving you. So, where’s the fairytale promised to me? The truth is: I don’t know. That’s the hard truth. You were right. You’ll get hurt when you fall in love. See, Guigui, you can’t hurt me anymore.” Hebe paused again. “We want you back. Aaron wants you back.”

“I don’t think I have the strength to come back now.” Guigui admitted.

Hebe grabbed her bag and pulled out an envelope. “Take this. This will give you the strength.” She handed it to Guigui who was guessing what this could contain.

Guigui opened the envelope and was shocked to see different pictures…of her.

“Why do you have pictures of me?” Guigui asked flipping through the pictures, all stolen shots. Some of which she is sleeping, smiling, her profile view.

“You better ask that question to Aaron. He’s waiting on the beach.” Hebe stood and went back to her car. “I’ll drive you there. Let’s go.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Don’t break his heart now, Gui.” Hebe’s final words before she left stuck in Guigui’s mind. There he is, looking at the waters though his lenses, while she sees his back reflecting sadness and despair. Guigui walked slowly. Each step she takes added to the nervousness she feels. The footprints in the sand are being blown off by the wind. She takes another step…and another.

“Aaron?” Aaron recognized the voice and slowly lowered his camera.

“What are you doing here?” he asked not looking back. If he did, he might not be able to control himself. He’ll be helpless.

“I came to see you, how are you?” Guigui said.

“How do you expect me to be?” Aaron answered.

Guigui was silent. She didn’t know how to answer nor does she know why Aaron acts this way. Right now, she doesn’t know what to do. Her mind was blank.

“Do you love me?” Aaron asked.

Guigui stood there speechless for a moment.
After about 30seconds,
“Yes.” Guigui answered Aaron.

“Then why did you run away? Did I do anything wrong? Was it me?” Aaron finally faced her. His mind started to blow him to pieces at the sight of her yet he was able to control himself.

“No. You did nothing wrong. That’s the point.” She said. “You’re the nicest, sweetest, funniest, best person I’ve ever seen. And I’m sacred of hurting you. I’m scared of what you might feel if we break up. I…”

“Why would we break-up? We won’t.” Aaron cut Guigui off.

“We’ll never know what might happen. XaioGui and I…”

“I don’t care what happened between the two of you. But I’ll make sure it won’t happen to us.” Aaron cut Guigui for the second time.

Then, Guigui handed him the envelope. Aaron was in pure shock when he saw it.

“You love me. Since when?” Guigui asked.

“Since you grabbed me and introduced me to XiaoGui as your boyfriend. In short, love at first sight.” Aaron held her hands.

“But you had a relationship with Hebe.”

“You told me to give it a try.” Aaron answered. “I’ll do anything you tell me. I’ll always be. Now, what do you want me to do?”

“Kiss me.” Guigui answered, looking into his eyes.

Without any hesitation, Aaron put Guigui close to him and laid his lips on hers. He felt the same craze he felt the first time they kissed, a feeling he can’t explain. All he knows is that it makes his head spin; his heart rumble and his senses explode.

“Ouch” Hebe whispered to herself. She’s seen everything, Guigui's uneasy walk towards Aaron, his expression when he got to see her face, their kiss…everything.

“Hey, XiaoXun” She called on their boss. “Success”

Hebe heard Yatou and DaYa's cheers and screams and Xiaoxun's ‘congratulate-them-for-me’ on the other end of the line. Unknowingly, tears started paring again. She covered so as not to let them hear her sobs.

“Don’t cry.” She heard Wangzi on the other end of the line. “You will find your prince soon.”

-END-
------------------------------------------------------------
OMG, I have finished writing this fanfic! :D Comments! I have deleted 'Our Love' as i cant think of any story about the plot. Sorry guys. But i will create another fanfic soon!

Guilun. <3