Chapter 27

Picture Perfect Love

 

Ice princess & headline.

After few days...
Guigui was still busy thinking about the bar story she told Wangzi when she heard the door open. To her surprise, it's Hebe standing by the door.

"Hebe?" Guigui rubbed her eyes to make sure it was Hebe.

When she was sure, she tapped a part of her bed, inviting Hebe to sit. She wasnt sure what this young lady want from her. Isn't she supposed to be sleeping after a tiring day?

Hebe went closer and climbed on Guigui's bed. Then, she just looked at her painted pink nails and was silent, probably not knowing what to do.

"I'm sorry." she whispered but Guigui heard it.

"Don't be silly, Why are you saying sorry?"

"I'm sorry" Then Hebe started crying. Guigui went closer and gave her a hug. Hebe tried to say something but it was inaudible. All you can hear are sobs and Guigui's effort to make her stop.

"Hebe, if wont stop crying, your eyes will be like monster's" Guigui was desperate to make her stop.

She was successful.

"I'm sorry I got mad at you because of Aaron."

"That's nothing. You don't have to worry." Guigui said. "I remembered, I told you once that you shouldn't believe in fairytales and happy endings. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You're probably right." Hebe sighed.

"What do you mean?!"

"Aaron's not the prince I thought he is." Hebe started to say. "He wont even open the car door for me, he wont hold out a chair for me, he doesn't call me Princess anymore, he wont give me flowers anymore.."

"Shhh..." Guigui stopped her. "You're his first girlfriend remember? So, he doesn't know how to treat you that well. Don't worry, he'll learn soon."

"you think so?" Hebe was unsure.

"Yes. If you want, I'll talk to him." Guigui offered just to make Hebe believe in what she says.

"Really?! You'll do that?!"

"If it makes you happy." Guigui was sincere.

"Thanks, Guigui..." Hebe gave her a hug. Finally, they're friends again.

Guigui had her best night sleep in days. It is becasue she and Hebe are finally in good terms. She can't work with someone she doesn't like.

“Are you ready for the shoot?”
“Nervous but ready.” Guigui answered Aaron as she is getting her make-up done. Her theme is winter. Her hair was beautiful in curls. Her eye shadow was a mixture of blue and white, lip gloss and just staring at her makes the breeze feel colder.

Guigui was wearing a white fur shawl, pants and boots. She has a pair of dangling snowflakes earrings and a smile that makes everyone freeze.

“Good.” Aaron looked at his model. She was indeed gorgeous.

“Yatou, why don’t you put this thing on her hair?” Aaron grabbed a tiara he saw on the table and asked Yatou, who was fixing Guigui’s curls.

“Ice princess?” Yatou asked Aaron. He nodded.

Guigui's theme is ‘winter’, Da Ya’s is ‘fall’, and Hebe’s is ‘spring’ and the three of them in the ‘summer’ theme. Guigui's the first one to do the shoot.

==========

“Gui, tilt your head to the left…Good”… “Hold that!” … “Look at me…” … “Yes.” … “Great!”…

Aaron comments on every shot were great.

“Those two really get along, don’t they?!” Yatou told Da Ya who was with her at Guigui’s shoot

“Yep.” She answered. “They have this connection.”

“What connection?” Hebe butted in.

“It’s like they understand each other even without talking…something weird.” Da Ya was already prepared for her shoot. Jacket, straight hair, Brown make-ups…etc, everything is prepared.

“Telepathy?!” Hebe asked trying to deny the fact that Guigui and Aaron get along better than her.

“Yeah!” Yatou laughed.

“Da Ya! Ready Now!!” Aaron called on them. “Hebe, Get your make-up done.”

The girls did what he said. Da Ya came rushing to Aaron and Wangzi (who was assisting Aaron for the shoot) Aaron gave her some instructions and started with her shoot. Guigui came to sit beside Hebe to remove her make-up.

“Hey Hebe!” Guigui greeted her.

“Nice shoot gui.” That’s all Hebe could say. She’s developing some insecurity on Guigui again. Guigui already talked to Aaron about becoming a ‘prince’ for Hebe. He said he’ll try.

“Thanks.”

---------The next morning..----------------

Everything changed. The magazine was a hit. Projects lined-up in front of the models, Aaron and the company. The Heaven’s Rainbow ad was successful too. Everyone was successful and supposed to be happy. Somehow, Guigui isn’t. She cant take the rumors, the pressure, the spotlight.
She wants to quit.

She called Aaron for lunch on a nearby restaurant to tell him something she believes is important. They were served by the waitress who seemed to recognize them.

“We’re going to be in the papers tomorrow.” Guigui predicted. “HEADLINE: Photographer, Aaron Yan and his model, Guigui Wu confirmed dating!”

Aaron laughed at the thought. Then he remembered the purpose of this lunch.

“So what?” he asked

“I’ve been thinking about quitting.” Guigui went straight to the point.

“Quitting what?”

“I want to go back to the gallery. I can’t take the fame, Aaron.” Guigui explained.

“You wanted this?” Aaron is convincing her to stay.

“That’s what I thought. Found out it wasn’t.” Guigui took her drink and wished that she would drown at the moment. Of course she didn’t want modeling, but she wanted to be near Aaron…and near her friends.

Aaron reached her hand; he looks like a little child pleading to have a piece of candy. He doesn’t want Guigui to go. She’s the company’s ‘Lucky Charm’. She gives off ideas no one thought about. HEADLINE: Aaron and Guigui are together now!

To add to the professional aspect, Aaron is colse to Guigui. He saw her let go of her shell. He saw her be hurt, and stand up again… he saw her laughed, cried, get angry, get crazy...everything! He can’t let go of her now, she’s a special person, as special as Hebe.. or maybe.. more?

“Stay.” it’s more like a question. Guigui looked down to her food as if deciding what to say or what to do.

“Hi, Aaron, hey guigui…” A familiar voice broke in. it was XiaoGui.

“XiaoGui!” Aaron stood up and shook Xiaogui’ offered hand. “What are you doing here?!”

“I’m about to have lunch with my wife.” He introduced her and Guigui saw the lump on her belly. Pregnant.

Aaron transferred beside Guigui and made room for the two of them. He signaled to the waiter to give them the menu. Gyugyu though of another headline that might appear on tomorrow’s newspaper. HEADLINE: Guigui and Aaron seen together in a restaurant, having a double-date.

When the waiter has left…

“How many months, Jolin?” Guigui asked.

“FIVE” She was proud to be a mommy. “You’re the photographer?” She asked Aaron. He nodded. “And you’re the model?” She turned back to Guigui. She smiled.

‘Ex-model’ Guigui thought. She’s dying to go out of the spotlight.

“Are you an item?” she asked. Both of them fell silent. “HUH?!”

“Uhmm.” XiaoGui stooped his wife. “You don’t have to answer that.” He told them. “We know your situation. We understand.”

Aaron and Guigui smiled, relieved that they do not need to answer that question.

----------------

The next day…

ENTERTAINMENT HEADLINE: Photographer, Aaron Yan dating one of his models!

Written in bold letters, it is impossible not to notice. It says….

“Yesterday, Photographer Aaron Yan, 23 was spotted on a date with one of his models, Guigui Wu. They were having lunch in a restaurant near the company. Aaron who is considered one of the most eligible bachelors of the country, is now taken…"

Guigui threw the paper away. Then someone caught it, Aaron.

“What?!” He saw the headline. He was shocked by what he saw.

“That’s the reason I want to quit!” Guigui was agitated. “People always follow me. I thought I will be happy if I become famous…I was wrong. Aaron, please let me go now.”

“Stay please.” Aaron pleased.
----------------------------------------------------------
Wooahhh, this is the longest chapter! :D thank for the comments! (: