Chapter 2

Picture Perfect Love

 

It's hurt.

“Why are you doing this?” Guigui asked her XiaoGui, her boyfriend of three years.

“Guigui, I need time.” He looked at her in the eyes and saw she was crying.

“Are you crazy?! Time for what?” she composed herself and tried not to continue crying.

XiaoGui handed Guigui tissues from the backseat of his car where they were discussing something important…very important. She took the tissues and got some to wipe away the tears.

“I met someone.” He told her. He stopped when he saw her giving him a stop signal.

“I get it.”

“Guigui, please stop that. You have to understand.”

Guigui didn’t know if she would laugh or cry, but she chose the latter.

“Understand?! I have to understand YOU?!” she tried to look at him.

“Guigui…” he was guilty. “Don’t make this hard for me.”

“Yeah, right!” she can’t believe what she is hearing. “Look who’s having a hard time.”

Guigui cried…and cried…and cried…and she was able to use all the tissues in the box.

“I’m really sorry.” XiaoGui started again.

“I have a question: Is she prettier than me?” she was calm this time.

“I don’t know.” He was playing safe.

“Is she more successful?”

“She’s a kindergarten teacher.”

“Is she smarter than me?”

“Hmmm…”

“Is she funnier?”

“Her jokes are corny.”

“So are mine!”

“Yeah… I remember the centipede joke.”

“Is she better than me?” Guigui didn’t laugh.

“I’m not sure.”

“XiaoGui, how about the wedding?” this was the most hurtful question she asked him.

“It’s off.” Guigui’s face went blank. “Guigui, say something, please.” He felt responsible of Guigui’s feelings right now.

“I hate you.” She said it softly yet it stuck his heart and hers as well. “I can’t believe I’m saying this but… I really, really hate you.”

Then she got off the car and ran straight home, crying.

--------------------------------------
Comments please! Today is my birthday, woots. <3 I will post 2 chapters today then . :D