Chapter 1

Picture Perfect Love

 

Happy happy.

“Perfect!” Aaron whispered to himself as he looked at the view through his lenses. There was no other word to describe the scenery. It was like pulled out of a postcard and placed in front of him, the trees, the sand, the sunset. “Perfect.” He said once more.

”Alone here?” an old man asked him.

“Excuse me?”

“Hmmm…”

“Who are you?”

“Wait.”

“What do you mean?”

“Let me guess.”

“Huh?”

“You’re single.”

There was five seconds of pure silence. Only the song of a single bird can be heard.

“How’d you know?” he asked him.

“Maybe it’s because I can feel loneliness in the air.”

“I’m not lonely.” He protested

“If that’s what you say…” the old man shrugged

“Sir, I don’t mean to brag but I’m one of the best photographers in this country. I have lots of money; I have three cars, four houses in different parts of this country. I ha…”

“I know you’re Aaron Yan.” He cut Aaron off and he patted his shoulder. “I know.”

“Sir”

“You’re a fine young man. You just don’t know what will really make you happy.” The old man smiled and went off.

Aaron, dumbfounded by what happened, just stood there… his camera facing him. He didn’t even notice the old man go. His thoughts were discontinued when his cell phone rang. He looked at it and saw the name Yatou on the screen.

“Oh, no.” he sighed and answered the phone.

“Hi Yatou”

“Aaron.” He can hear Yatou breathe heavily on the other line

“Yes Yatou?”

“I’ll try to say this as calm as possible. Okay?”

“Sure.” He knows what is about to happen.

Countdown…3-2-1…

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING ON THE BEACH!!!?”

“Come on, Yatou. I’m just giving myself a break.” Aaron can’t stop his laughter.

“BREAK?!!” Yatou continued screaming. Then someone snatched the phone from her. “Hey, Bro…This is Wangzi. Just enjoy your vacation.” He said trying to cover Yatou’s mouth with the other hand. “We can handle this.” “NO WE CAN’T!” Yatou tried to speak as loud so Aaron would be able to hear her.

“Thank you, Wangzi…and Yatou. I’ll see you soon.”

“YOU BETTER!” Yatou screamed with her cute baby-voice.

“Bye! I’ll bring souvenirs for the two of you.” Aaron replied.

“YOU BETTER!” “Bye Aaron!” Wangzi shouted.

He smiled…laughed. His friends never change. They remain funny and supportive…and he loves them for that.