Best Friends

Meanie One-shots/Drabbles

A very common story is two best friends falling in love together. They both think that their love is unreciprocated, but the truth is, their is love is reciprocated. But Jeon Wonwoo's case is different, his best friend has a crush on someone else. And every day he feels like dying, because his heart has been stabbed too many times already. 

"Won, have you seen how cute Minghao is today?" Mingyu asked.

"No, I haven't. Remember I don't have a class with him." Wonwoo said lifelessly. He lied to Mingyu, of course he have seen Minghao. It's just he doesn't want to hear all about Minghao. 

"Oh yeah right." Mingyu said, Wonwoo was going to ask him if they can hang out, but Minghao came to their table.

"Hi Mingyu, and Mingyu's best friend." Minghao said. "I have a name" Wonwoo uttered under his breath.

"Hi Minghao, what are you doing here?" Mingyu asked. 

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to say hi" Minghao said as he walked away.

"Isn't he sweet, he came to our table just to say hi" Mingyu said.

"Yup, he's very nice" Wonwoo said. Am I not nice too? I've been by your side for your whole life, and never once you said that to me, Wonwoo thought to himself. 

That day went on, by Mingyu talking about Minghao all the time. Every day this happens, and Wonwoo would just rather die that listen to Mingyu blabbering about Minghao. He can't confess because he knows he's going to get rejected. 

Ever since, Mingyu had less time for Wonwoo, he always want to hang out with Minghao. Wonwoo would just let him be. One day, Mingyu came to Wonwoo with a very big news, a big news that broke his heart. 

"Won, Minghao just agreed to go on a date with me" Mingyu said happily as he hugged Wonwoo. 

"Really? That's nice. Just don't forget about me" Wonwoo joked.

"Why would I forget about you? You're my best friend" Mingyu said. 

"Mingyu I was joking" Wonwoo said. 

"Well okay then, see you later I'm going to Minghao" Mingyu said. Wonwoo just nodded his head.

"You're alone again?" Someone asked Wonwoo. Wonwoo looked up and saw the person, and just smiled.

"Yeah. Wanna sit with me again?" Wonwoo asked.

"Sure. So where is he now?" The person said as he sat beside Wonwoo. 

"Went on a date with Minghao" Wonwoo said dejectedly. 

"Oh, do you want to go on a date with me then?" The person joked.

"Yah! Lee Seokmin I'm not in the mood for your jokes" Wonwoo said.

"I was just kidding Wonton, but do you want to hang out again? So I can cheer you up?" Seokmin asked. When Mingyu and Minghao started hanging out, Wonwoo has always been alone, but he met a friend named Lee Seokmin. When Wonwoo was in the library Seokmin approached him, and that's how their friendship started. Seokmin knows that Wonwoo likes Mingyu. And every time Wonwoo needs someone he's always there for him. 

"Sure, where are we going today?" Wonwoo asked. He forgets all his problems and feelings for Mingyu every time Seokmin's with him. 

"Let's go to the arcade!" Seokmin said, as he stood up and offered his hand for Wonwoo to take. Wonwoo gladly took it and they started to go. 

When they were in the arcade, they won a lot of tickets, most of it was Seokmin's, but he exchanged it for a stuffed cat and gave it Wonwoo. 

"Huh? You should keep it" Wonwoo said.

"No, it's okay. Keep it I want you to be happy" Seokmin said as he smiled, Wonwoo thinks it's brighter than his future. 

"Aww thank you Seok" Wonwoo said as he hugged Seokmin. 

"No problem, come on I'll treat you then I'll take you home" Seokmin said.

"Okay, but next time it's on me" 

"Of course, I might be broke just because of you" Seokmin joked, which earned him a slap on his shoulder. "I was just kidding" Seokmin said. 

They went to Wonwoo's favourite fast food chain and Seokmin ordered Wonwoo's food since he knows what Wonwoo already wants. They know a lot about each other ever since they met, and they feel like they've been friends for a very long time. After they ate, they decided to walk.

"Wonton, don't be sad about Mingyu okay? Probably he's just not the right person for you. Remember I will be always here for you." Seokmin said as they reached Wonwoo's house. Their fingers were intertwined since it's normal for them. 

"Thank you again Seok, for everything and being my friend. Don't worry I'll try to forget my feelings, and every time I'm with I forget him anyways" Wonwoo said. He was very thankful to have Seokmin by his side. 

"I'll go ahead now, bye Wonton. See you at school!" Seokmin said as he waved to Wonwoo. Wonwoo just waved back.

"Bye Seok! Be careful on your way home!" Wonwoo shouted. When he looked at his stuffed cat, he decided to name it DK and he thought that this was a good day, even though Mingyu and Minghao are dating. 

When he went inside their house, he was shocked that Mingyu was there. 

"Oh Mingyu what are you doing here?" Wonwoo asked, as he removed his shoes.

"Oh my mom asked me to give something to your mom.. You just got home? School ended hours ago." Mingyu informed the other.

"Ah hehe I hangout with Seokmin" Wonwoo said nervously. 

"Oh Won, you're already here! Here you go Mingyu. Tell your mom I said thanks" Wonwoo's mom said. "And yeah Wonwoo always comes home late, I thought he's always with you, but every time he comes home, someone drops him off" Wonwoo's mom informed Mingyu. 

"Mom, it's just Seokmin." Wonwoo said to his mom. Mingyu just nodded. 

"Well Aunty I have to go now, and Wonwoo see you tomorrow" Mingyu said as he walked out of the door. 

"Mingyu do you want to hang out today?" Wonwoo asked as they were in the cafeteria.

"Sure, but I'm not treating you" Mingyu joked.

"Fine, since I asked. So what--" Wonwoo stopped as Minghao came to their table.

"Hi Mingyu, are you picking me up later?" Minghao asked.

"What?" Mingyu asked.

"You promised me yesterday that we will go to the mall" Minghao said as, Mingyu looked at Wonwoo. 

"O-oh d-did I? Hehe I forgot" Mingyu said.

"Uhmm Mingyu go with him, let's just hang out some other time" Wonwoo said as he stood up. "Minghao good luck dating my friend" Wonwoo joked. "Hehe just kidding. Well I'll leave you guys some space. Bye" Wonwoo said as he bid goodbye to the two. Wonwoo knows that Mingyu will just picked Minghao, so he took the chance to leave, he immediately called Seokmin. 

"Seok?" 

"Wonton?"

"Where are you?" 

"Cafeteria... I'm looking for you" 

"Can you go to our secret spot? I need you right now" Wonwoo informed the other. Seokmin ran until he reached their secret spot which was the roof top.

"Yah! Why are you here? I saw you with Mingyu earlier" Seokmin said, he saw them talking, especially the part when Minghao came. 

"Oh I left Mingyu with Minghao." 

"Why? What happen?" 

"Well I asked Mingyu if we could hang out and he said yes, but it turns out he promised Minghao that they will go to the mall today." Wonwoo said. "Also I'm sorry if you feel like your my second option" Wonwoo said sadly.

"Yah! Jeon Wonwoo don't be sorry. It's okay, I understand your situation so don't be sorry" Seokmin said as he hugged Wonwoo. 

"But still I feel guilty.." Wonwoo said.

"Then if you feel guilty, every time you want to hang out, ask me first than Mingyu. So that way you won't be hurt and you don't feel like I'm your second option." Seokmin said as he tries to lighten up to the mood.

"Okay then, but you have to make sure you won't decline them" Wonwoo warned him as he smiled not so innocently.

"I'll try" Seokmin said as he winked. 

"So do you want to hang out? My treat" Wonwoo said.

"Sure, I don't say no to free things" Seokmin said.

"Okay I'll meet you at the front doors" Wonwoo said as he stood up, but then his stomach growled. He forgot to buy lunch.

"Hehe sorry" Wonwoo smiled at him.

"Here, I knew it you haven't eat lunch. Eat that in class, the bell is going to ring soon" Seokmin as he gave Wonwoo a sandwich.

"Thank you Seok! You're my life saver!" Wonwoo said as he hugged Seokmin. 

"Yeah, yeah. I just don't want you to be sick" Seokmin said as he patted Wonwoo's back.

"Well let's go now, I don't want to be late" Seokmin said, as they went down the stairs. It was a good thing that they have the same class during that period. 

Wonwoo waited for Seokmin at the front doors since he knows Seokmin has gym last period. When he was waiting, Mingyu approached him.

"Wonwoo what are you doing here?" Mingyu asked. "And also I'm sorry we can't hang out today. I forgot that I promised Minghao." Mingyu said.

"Oh no no Mingyu its okay. And I'm waiting for Seokmin" Wonwoo smiled at the other.

"Oh really? Well see you later, I have to pick Minghao up" Mingyu said as he walked away.

"Bye Mingyu have fun" Wonwoo said. After a few minutes Seokmin arrived.

"Yah! You're so late. I was going to leave you already" Wonwoo said. 

"No you can't leave me. You love me too much to do that" Seokmin joked.

"Why am I friends with you again?" Wonwoo joked and they just stared laughing.

"So where to?" Seokmin asked.

"Where do you want to go?" Wonwoo asked.

"The mall?" 

"But Mingyu and Minghao's going to be there" Wonwoo whined.

"Wonton, there's a lot of malls here. So I doubt that we're going to see them and besides, I thought you're trying to move on?" Seokmin said smirking. 

"Aish fine." Wonwoo agreed.

When they were in the mall, they visited a lot of stores. They even went to build-a-bear workshop to give each other a bear. Seokmin named his "Wonton" while Wonwoo named his "Seok". They also went to a clothing store, to buy some clothes and shoes. When they were hungry, they bought cotton candy first and shared it.

"Yah! You're taking most of it" Wonwoo whined.

"What? It's your treat so I'm just enjoying it" Seokmin said. He saw Wonwoo pouted and decided to give him some.

"Wonton say ahh~"

"Lee Seokmin i'm not a kid" Wonwoo whined and Seokmin just chuckled. 

"Here Wonton say ahh~" 

"Be lucky I want some" Wonwoo opened his mouth to Seokmin in order to feed him. Seokmin kept feeding Wonwoo that they didn't even notice someone was in front of them.

"Oh hi guys!" Minghao greeted the two. Wonwoo was shocked to see them, he glared at Seokmin first, who was trying to hide his laugh. 

"Hi Minghao" The two greeted in unison. They looked at each other and said "Jinxed" at the same time and started laughing. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Mingyu asked as he looked at Wonwoo who was sitting too close to Seokmin. 

"Oh we went to buy some stuff" Seokmin answered and showed their shopping bags. 

"You guys went to the bear shop?!" Minghao asked excitedly.

"Yeah, we decided to make one and named them by our names." Seokmin said.
"The one I have is named Seok, while Seokmin's is Wonton" Wonwoo explained. 

"Aww that's so sweet. Wait are you guys on a date? Are we interrupting something?" Minghao asked.

"Me?! Dating him? Psh No way" Seokmin joked. Wonwoo pretended to look hurt. "Hehe just kidding love you Wonton" Seokmin said as he hugged Wonwoo, who just rolled his eyes. 

"No, we're not on a date. We're just hanging out. Seokmin said he wanted to go to the mall, so I came with him" Wonwoo explained. 

"Well do you guys want to eat with us? We're done anyways.. Right Mingyu?" Minghao asked Mingyu who was looking at Seokmin who was hugging Wonwoo and he doesn't like it. 

"O-oh yeah." Mingyu said.

"Well sorry, I promised Seokmin that I will treat him, but next time we will" Wonwoo rejected the offer. While Mingyu looked sad.

"Oh okay then, have fun!" Minghao said, while Mingyu just stood there emotionless.

"Thanks you guys too!" Wonwoo said as Seokmin stood up and offered his hand and Wonwoo took it gladly. Mingyu just looked at them weirdly. The two just walked away. When they were walking, Seokmin asked why he declined the offer.

"Why didn't you accept it?" 

"I don't want us to disturb their time together. Did you see Mingyu? It feels like he doesn't want us to be there. And besides I promised you." Wonwoo said.

"Okay okay fine" Seokmin said.

When they were walking Seokmin told Wonwoo something. 

"Wonton I have something to tell you.." Seokmin said.

"Sure what is it? Omg don't tell me you like me?!" Wonwoo exaggerated.

"What no! I like Soonyoung, not you" Seokmin said, as he hit Wonwoo.

"Oh phew, well what about him? Are you going to confess?" Wonwoo asked, laughing.

"Well I'm planning to. What should I do?" Seokmin asked.

"Ouu how about the three of us go to the amusement park on Saturday, then I'll leave you guys alone when we're going in the Ferris Wheel?" Wonwoo suggested.

"That's great and he won't suspect anything!" Seokmin said as he agreed on the idea.

(Friday)
"Won, do you want to hang out tomorrow. And promise I'm not hanging out with Minghao tomorrow." Mingyu said as he raised his right hand.

"Mingyu I want to but, I promised Seokmin that we will go to the amusement park tomorrow." Wonwoo said. 

"Oh, it's not a date right? So can I come?" Mingyu asked. He really wants to hang out with Wonwoo, since it's been a long time since they hung out. 

"Wait let me ask him" Wonwoo said as he called Seokmin. After a few rings he answered.

"Hello Wonton?"

"Hello Seok! I'm just going to ask if Mingyu can come with us?"

"Sure, so you won't be alone" 

"Yah! Seokmin that's mean! And thanks I'll call you later" Wonwoo said as he hung up and put his phone back in his pocket. 

"He said yes, so we'll just meet you there" Wonwoo said.

"No, I'll pick you up from your house" Mingyu said. 

"Are you sure? I mean we can just meet there" 

"Yes, I'm sure and besides we haven't hung out for a very long time." Mingyu said. "Can I walk you home later?" Mingyu asked again.

"How about Minghao?" Wonwoo asked. 

"That's the reason why I want to walk with you, I have something to tell you" Mingyu said.

"Uh sure I'll just tell Seokmin and see you later" Wonwoo said as he bid goodbye to Mingyu. "Ughh Seokmin here, Seokmin there, Seokmin everywhere" Mingyu whispered to himself. 

When it was the end of the day, Mingyu waited for Wonwoo at the front doors.

"Ready to go?" Mingyu asked as he saw Wonwoo.

"Yup" Wonwoo nodded.

"So how are you? It's been a long time since we walked together." 

"Uh yeah.. well I've been good.. How about you? Are you and Minghao still seeing each other? I haven't seen you guys together.." Wonwoo said.

"I've been good.. And we stopped seeing each other.. It's been a week now.." Mingyu informed the other.

"Huh? Why?" Wonwoo asked. Did Minghao broke Mingyu's heart?

"Oh I realized I don't like him, it was just infatuation. I realized I like someone else" Mingyu said with a smile. 

"Ohh" Wonwoo said as he realized that their fingers are entwined.

"How about you and Seokmin. Are you guys dating?" Mingyu asked.

"What?! No" Wonwoo said as he started laughing. "He likes someone else, and that's the reason why we're going to the amusement park, he's going to confess" Wonwoo informed Mingyu.

"Ahh I thought you guys are dating.." Mingyu said nodding his head. 

"Pshh no. We're just friends" Wonwoo smiled at him.

"Want to eat? My treat." 

"Okay" 

"To be honest I missed you." Mingyu confessed as they were eating.

"Aww my best friend is so sweet" Wonwoo teased. "And I missed you too" Wonwoo smiled at the other. 

Mingyu dropped Wonwoo off at his house and said goodbye to each other. 

(Saturday)
Wonwoo woke up early, because of Mingyu. To be honest he misses this, every weekend Mingyu will come to his house and pick him up. 

"Wonnie~ wake up" Mingyu said as he shook Wonwoo.

"Ughh Mingyu it's too early" Wonwoo whined.

"Yah! Jeon Wonwoo it's already 8:00 am. We're going to be late" Mingyu nagged.

"Fine, I'm up" Wonwoo said as he picked out his clothes and went to the bathroom. When he was ready, he called Mingyu.

"Mingyu! Let's go!" Wonwoo shouted. 

"Coming!" Mingyu said. Wonwoo never came back to his room, so he doesn't know what Mingyu did to his room. 

When they arrived at the amusement park, Soonyoung and Seokmin are already there. They went to different rides and played different games. When it was the end of the day, Seokmin did his plan and Wonwoo just stayed with Mingyu. 

"You know I really missed you Wonwoo, I'm sorry if hung out with Minghao more than you" Mingyu said.

"It's okay, I had Seokmin when you were with Minghao. He was a good company." Wonwoo said.

"Ouch that hurts, it's like you're saying I'm not a good company" Mingyu joked. Wonwoo just chuckled at his reaction. 

"Oh look they're going down now. And Seokmin looks sad." Wonwoo said, he ran towards Seokmin and talked to him. Mingyu just followed him. 

"Seok are you okay?" Wonwoo asked.

"Yes, Wonton I'm okay" 

"But why are you sad?" 

"Huh? I'm not sad"

"Wait what did he say?" 

"He said... YES!!" Seokmin shouted.

"What?! Really! That's great!" Wonwoo said.

They went to eat and went home. Mingyu dropped Wonwoo off. When Wonwoo closed the door, Mingyu just stayed outside.

When Wonwoo opened his lights, he was shocked to see pictures of him and Mingyu hanging on a balloon. There were balloons scattered around his room. There were also gifts on his bed. He wondered if it's his birthday and just forgot about it, but he checked his phone and it is not. He checked the pictures and laughed on some of them. When he reached his study table, there was a note.

Hi Wonnie~
After you read this go outside. 
-Mingyu

After he read the letter, he went outside and looked for Mingyu. When he opened the door, he saw Mingyu standing there, smiling.

"What's the occasion?" Wonwoo asked.

"Nothing, can you come closer?" Mingyu asked and Wonwoo nodded. When he came closer to Mingyu, Mingyu hugged him. He just hugged back.

"Mingyu are you okay? You're not leaving right?" Wonwoo asked.

"Haha no." Mingyu said. "Okay Wonnie, here it goes." He said. Wonwoo just stared at him, confused.

"Wonnie, thank you for being my best friend, thank you for making my day and completing my life. I'm sorry if I'm naughty sometimes, annoying and loud. When I liked Minghao, I realized that I didn't like him it was just infatuation. I realized it when we started hanging out less, you're always with Seokmin. Every time I see you guys together, I can't help it but I feel jealous. That's when I realized that I like you, not just a best friend, but more than that. I'm not asking you to reciprocate my feelings, I'm just here to let you know about my feelings." Mingyu said.

"Are you really dense?" Wonwoo asked.

"What?" Mingyu asked confusedly.

"Don't you notice that I like you? Every time you're with Minghao I feel jealous. Every time you're around my heart is beating loudly, I sometimes think that you can hear it." Wonwoo confessed and he feels like a huge boulder was off his shoulder.

"So you're saying you like me too?" Mingyu asked.

"Omg are you slow.. Yes I like you too" Wonwoo said.

"Really?!"

"Omg why do I like you?" 

"Hehe just kidding, I just want to make sure you're saying the truth" Mingyu said. 

"So are we together now?"

"Yes Wonnie~ wait let me ask you that question" Mingyu said and Wonwoo just laughed.

"Wonnie, or my Korean Won, will you be my boyfriend?" Mingyu asked. 

"Yes, Mingyu" Wonwoo said. Mingyu hugged Wonwoo and Wonwoo just hugged back. 

"I love you" 

"I love you too" 

Probably their story was cliche too, it just takes time in order people to like you. You just have to wait for the right time ;)