Avoidance

Meanie One-shots/Drabbles

Seventeen just finished promoting their new album and now preparing for the Dream Concert. Wonwoo has been giving his best, to prove himself. Ever since a rumour spread about him hating SNSD, he received a lot of hate. He can't blame people about it, even though he doesn't remember anything about it, he just apologized. 

He's been practicing a lot lately and sometimes he skips a few meals. The members are getting worried about him. They tell Wonwoo that he doesn't need to prove anything, since he's a good person. But Wonwoo sometimes doesn't listen. Mingyu on the other hand had stop approaching his boyfriend ever since they started promoting. That's why Wonwoo doesn't know if they're still together or not. 

When they were practicing, Wonwoo suddenly fainted. All the members rushed to him and started waking him up. But he didn't, they decided to bring Wonwoo to the hospital. 


Wonwoo woke up in a hospital bed, finding all the members looking at him. When the members realized that he woke up, they started asking him questions.

"Wonwoo are you okay?" Jeonghan asked, as he was crying.

"I'm okay hyung, I'm probably just tired, but my stomach hurts" After hearing that Chan immediately called the doctor.

"Yah! Jeon Wonwoo, do you how worried we were?!" Soonyoung said.

"Sorry" Wonwoo said as he bowed his head. Suddenly the doctor arrived. 

"Oh Wonwoo you're awake now.. Does anything hurt?" Dr. Park asked.

"Uhmm my stomach has been hurting this past few days...." Wonwoo confessed as he was scared to look at the members. 

"Okay lift up your shirt" Wonwoo did what he was told. The doctor was pressing some parts on Wonwoo's stomach and asking him if its hurts. Sometimes Wonwoo will wince in pain. But one guy was seething in jealousy. After the doctor checked Wonwoo, he went outside to confirm his results. 

"JEON WONWOO!" Seungcheol shouted.

"Y-yes h-hyung?" Wonwoo smiled awkwardly.

"You've been experiencing pain and you didn't tell us?!" Seungcheol fired back.

"Hyung I thought it was just a stomachache, that's why I didn't tell you guys" Wonwoo whined. Doctor Park suddenly entered the room again.

"Okay based on the tests, Wonwoo has acute gastritis.. He's not allowed to some foods, I will give you a list on what he can't eat. And he needs to rest. He's getting thinner and lost a lot of weight." Dr. Park said. 

"Thank you Dr. Park" Wonwoo said as he smiled at Dr. Park. Dr. Park just ruffled his hair and smiled back.

"No problem Wonwoo-ssi. You're a cute patient" Dr. Park said as he winked, that made Wonwoo blush and the others to snicker, while one person was urging not to fight the doctor. As Dr. Park left, the members started talking again.

"Ouu Wonwoo has an admirer" Jun teased.

"Shut up Jun" Wonwoo said as he glared at Jun. Jun just laughed at his reaction.

"You heard that Won, you have to rest. I'll tell Manager hyung that you need to rest and you are sick." Seungcheol said. 

"B-but hyung" Wonwoo whined as he pouted.

"Jeon Wonwoo stop complaining, it's your fault anyways" Mingyu said. The other members were shocked to hear this, even Wonwoo. 

"Kids let's go. Let's eat out" Jihoon said.

"Yah! I'm older than you" Seungcheol called out which earned him a glare. The members just nodded while Mingyu just stood there. 

"Fine, I'm not going to complain anymore. But can you guys come back tomorrow? I don't want to be alone..." Wonwoo asked cutely. 

"Of course we will be back" They said as they smiled at him. Wonwoo pretended to sleep, because he knows Mingyu stayed with him. After a few minutes, Mingyu knows that Wonwoo isn't sleeping.

"Wonwoo stop pretending that you are asleep" Mingyu growled, Wonwoo was confused on his attitude. Why is Mingyu mad at him?

"Why are you even mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong!" Wonwoo said as he sat up to face Mingyu. 

"Why am I mad? Wonwoo you fainted in the middle of the practice. You didn't even tell anyone, or me on what you're feeling! And the doctor was clearly flirting with you!" Mingyu fired, Wonwoo just shook his head.

"Acting all worried now huh?" Wonwoo scoffed. 

"Wh-a-at?" Mingyu asked, confused.

"You heard me, why are you even worried? These past few weeks you won't even talk to me. So how could I tell you? It's very clear that you're avoiding me." Wonwoo said angrily. "And what if the doctor was flirting with me? You always flirt with the other members." Wonwoo said, making Mingyu flinch. Wonwoo took a deep breath and said "Mingyu to be honest I don't even know what we are anymore.... You suddenly left me hanging... One moment you were so sweet to me, but this past few weeks, you've been so cold to me. You won't even spare me a glance! I don't what I did to you for you to ignore me.... I chose not to say anything, but now I'm tired. I'm tired of keeping this to myself, I'm tired of this relationship!" Wonwoo said as he realized that he was crying already. Mingyu just stood there dumbfounded. He didn't think about what will Wonwoo feel, he only thinks about himself. 

"Let's talk tomorrow Won, I'm sure you're tired" Mingyu said calmly.

"Mingyu I was resting, but you're the one who brought this up!" Wonwoo said, he's now more confuse on Mingyu's actions. Suddenly they were interrupted by a knock on the door. Wonwoo quickly wiped his tears.

"Oh Wonwoo, you're awake!" Dr. Park said as he came in. "I'm just here to bring you medicine." 

"Don't you have nurses to do that?" Mingyu scoffed.

"Yes we do, but I'm also here to bring Wonwoo's not to eat list.. Since you're here I'll give it to you" Dr. Park said. 

"Thank you Dr. Park" Wonwoo said as he smiled.

"Just call me Chanyeol. I'm sure our ages are not that different" Chanyeol smiled. 

"A-ah okay.. Thank you Chanyeol-ssi.." Wonwoo said as he blushed. Mingyu on the other hand wants to punch Chanyeol. 

"Is that all you need Chanyeol?" Mingyu asked. "If so, you can leave now" 

"Mingyu!" Wonwoo said.

"Oh no its okay Wonwoo, Mingyu's right. Well see you tomorrow Wonwoo" Chanyeol said as he left the room. 

"Mingyu what was that?" Wonwoo asked as he glared towards Mingyu.

"Nothing, just rest." Mingyu said not wanting to push the conversation. Wonwoo just sighed and went to sleep. Mingyu just watched him sleep. He was regretting for avoiding him and for leaving him. 

Wonwoo woke up with a warm feeling. He feels so warm and safe. He opened his eyes and realized that Mingyu is beside him. He doesn't know what to feel. Last night Mingyu was mad at him, now he's being protective. He sighed as he was confuse. Suddenly the door opened revealing the other members.

"Good Morning hyung~" Chan called.

"Good Morning too Chan! You guys are early..." Wonwoo commented 

"Of course we can't let out funniest member be alone" Soonyoung teased.

"Hyuungg~" Wonwoo whined as he pouted. Suddenly the man beside him was waking up.

"Oh you guys are here already?" Mingyu asked.

"Yup, but we just arrived" Seungkwan answered. Mingyu just nodded. 

"Are you okay now Wonwoo? The doctor said you can be discharged today and rest." Joshua asked.

"Yes hyung, I'm feeling better.." Wonwoo said smiling. 

The rest of them helped Wonwoo and went back to their dorm. Wonwoo hasn't spared a glance at Mingyu yet. While Mingyu was very worried. The members were sensing the thick tension between the two. They were hoping that their issue has been settled already, but it seems like its worser now. They decided that they will leave them again to talk. 

"Mingyu, I hope you guys can fix this misunderstanding already..." Jeonghan wished him luck.

"Thanks hyung.. I hope so too...." Mingyu wished. All the members decided to go to their building to practice. While Mingyu was left with Wonwoo.

Wonwoo woke up from his slumber and decided to get water since his throat is dry. When he got into the kitchen, someone caught his eye.

"You didn't go with them?" Wonwoo asked.

"Nope" Mingyu said. Wonwoo just nodded, as he get his water. After his finished, he was about to leave Mingyu, when he suddenly talked. 

"Won, can we talk?" Mingyu said, his voice sounds so broken.

"What's there to talk about?" Wonwoo asked. 

"Us" Mingyu said, as Wonwoo realized that they haven't settled what happened last night.

"What about us? Are you breaking up with me?" Wonwoo asked worriedly.

"WHAT?! No! Where did you get that idea?" Mingyu asked shocked. He's not breaking up with Wonwoo, he wants to reconcile with him. 

"Well I thought you were tired of me, you started avoiding me and you don't love me anymore" Wonwoo said in a hush tone. He was in fact broken inside, but he needs to act he's okay. Mingyu suddenly went to Wonwoo and hugged him. Wonwoo on the other hand started crying and he didn't know why. 

"Won, I would never get tired of you... You're the only one I love.. I'm sorry for avoiding you all this time" Mingyu whispered as he hugged Wonwoo. Wonwoo hugged him also, not wanting to let go as if Mingyu would disappear.

"Then why did you do it?" 

"I did it, because the fans are noticing it.. The way I look at you is very different from the other members and how gentle touches affect us..." Mingyu confessed. He was indeed scared of what the fans would think. Wonwoo on the other hand was confused. 

"So you would rather be seen with the other members instead of me? You would be rather with Minghao instead of me?" Wonwoo asked. Letting go of the hug to see Mingyu. 

"NO!" Mingyu shouted. "I was only doing those to lower down their suspicions... I would pick you over anyone." He said as he kissed Wonwoo's forehead.

"What?! Mingyu I'm confused... You avoided me because you were scared right?" Mingyu nodded. "And you didn't think how would I feel? Mingyu I was so broken inside did you know that?! When I needed you the most you weren't there for me! And now you're saying you were scared? Mingyu what if I say I'm scared too?! But I don't let my inner thoughts win over me! But clearly you did.. You only think about yourself! You are so selfish! You didn't even think about what would I feel... Do you know the feeling that one day your boyfriend is sweet to you then the other day he's not. Do you know it when someone you truly loves starts ignoring you without telling you the actual reason? Clearly you don't because you're not the one who experienced it" Wonwoo said, clearly angry at Mingyu's reason, he was scared too but he chose to believe in them. 

"Wonwoo I know I've been selfish. I didn't think how you would feel. I didn't think what would happen to us, I only thought of myself. And I'm regretting what I did. It's very hard to watch you from afar. You don't know how much I miss your touches, your cuteness and everything about you. You're not the only one who suffered." Mingyu said as he started crying. Every night he would regret avoiding Wonwoo. Wonwoo was shocked to hear this, he didn't think that Mingyu would feel the same way. "So please Wonwoo let me be selfish one more time. Please forgive me for what I did... And give me another chance" Mingyu said pleading. Wonwoo didn't know what to say. He was overwhelmed. But he knows one thing, he loves Mingyu. 

"Mingyu.... I will let you, but if you do this again, I would never ever forgive you" Wonwoo said as he hugged Mingyu. Mingyu hugged him back and whispered a lot of 'thank you's' in Wonwoo's ear. Wonwoo could only smile into the hug. He missed Mingyu very much. They both missed each other, longing for their touches.

"I won't.. I promise... I love you Wonwoo" Mingyu said as he smiled at Wonwoo.

"I love you too Mingyu" Wonwoo said as Mingyu kissed him. 

Since that day, they were back to normal. Except for Wonwoo who had to rest. Mingyu would play with the fake Wonwoo every fansign and Wonwoo will just laughed at him. The members are also happy that they are back together.