Jeon Wonwoo

Meanie One-shots/Drabbles

Seeing your love having fun hurts. That's what Jeon Wonwoo feels. He's hurt because the person he used to have by his side has a different person now. Just by watching them smiling and having fun, Wonwoo's heart shatters. His whole world collapses. Wonwoo is wondering how did this happen. He showered him affection, care and especially love. He's wondering why the love of his life forgot everything about them. 

Wonwoo used to be the person beside Mingyu. He used to be Mingyu's life and only love. Now he has a different person--Jeon Jungkook. 

------Flashback------

One day, Mingyu was planning his anniversary with Wonwoo. He was going around the city, just to make everything perfect. What he didn't see coming is that it will never happen. He got hit by a car that's being chased by a police car for driving drunk. The last things he said was his lover's name. 

Wonwoo was picking on what he's going to wear that night. He stopped to sit down and look at their picture together. But Wonwoo accidentally dropped it. He suddenly had a bad feeling about it, but he chose to shrug it off and picked up the picture. What happened next is the last thing he expected. His friends telling him to go to the hospital. He rushed there ignoring what he was wearing-he was in his pajamas. He started crying along the way. When he got there what he saw Mingyu covered with blood. He rushed to him and asking him to wake up.

"Mingyu please wake up, please. I told no more pranking didn't I? So please wake up." Wonwoo said crying, hoping that Mingyu is just pranking him. But the truth is not. 

"Won, let Mingyu go. They need to operate him." Seungcheol said, feeling bad for their dongsaeng. 

"Hyung, he's just acting right?" Wonwoo pleaded.

"I hope so Won, but he's not" Seungcheol said. 

Wonwoo started bawling his eyes out, he didn't know what to do. Why did this happen? How? When? Why? As if the angels heard him. He heard Seungcheol talking.

"He was going around the city to plan your anniversary, when he was crossing the street, a car was over speeding that caused the accident. The driver was drunk and has been caught." Seungcheol explained. Wonwoo just cried harder. Mingyu didn't need to plan their anniversary, they could've celebrated at home. Now, Wonwoo is blaming himself for this. After an hour, the doctor got out of the emergency room and explained Mingyu's condition.

"The operation went well, but the patient is in a coma state. We don't know when he will wake up.. We're going to move him now in private room." The doctor said. Wonwoo just nodded. 

When Mingyu was moved, Wonwoo immediately went beside Mingyu.

"Love, please wake up. I'm begging you. It's so hard without you. I love you so much, please wake up now" Wonwoo said as his eyes were puffy and red. 

Everyday Wonwoo will visit Mingyu, telling him what happened to him that day. He was also filling him in on what he's missing. He was praying that Mingyu would wake up soon. His prayers was answered one day. 

"Won, come to the hospital now!" Seungcheol said over the line, Wonwoo just rushed. 

When he got there, he saw Mingyu--awake. He started crying and went to hug Mingyu. He was hoping that Mingyu will hug him but it never happened. He felt Mingyu stiffened. 

"I'm sorry who are you?" Mingyu asked. With those words, Wonwoo was confused. What? Mingyu doesn't remember him?

"I'm sorry, but I think Mingyu can't remember anything. It's normal for those who's been in a coma state. The memories will comeback if you help him." The doctor said, Wonwoo just collapsed at the ground. Seungcheol helped him up and thank the doctor.

They both introduced themselves as Mingyu's best friend. But Seungcheol wanted Wonwoo to introduce him who he really is in his life. But Wonwoo doesn't want to, he didn't want to pressure Mingyu. He will tell him if the right moment has come. 

Since then every day, he will tell Mingyu how they met, how is life before. Mingyu started to remember bit by bit, but not any memories with Wonwoo. One day, Mingyu decided to walk around alone since all of his friends are busy. That's when he met Jungkook. 

---End of Flashback---

"Guys I want you to meet Jungkook--Jeon Jungkook, my boyfriend" Mingyu said. Everybody was surprised by the news. Wonwoo froze, he felt that he suddenly stopped breathing. His heart stopped beating. His whole world collapsed. Everyone just awkwardly congratulated them. They all looked at Wonwoo sympathetically. Wonwoo snapped out of his zone, and smiled sadly. His tears were forming and threatening to fall. He excused himself saying he needs to go somewhere. Everyone in the room-- except for the new couple, knew what Wonwoo was doing. So Seungcheol also excused himself to follow Wonwoo. He saw Wonwoo sitting at the swings, bawling his eyes out. He hitched a breath when he felt someone hugging him. 

"Won, let it all out.. It's okay" Seungcheol said as he soothe Wonwoo's back. Wonwoo just cried harder and louder. 

"Hyung it hurts... Why? Hyung I did the right thing right? I just didn't want to pressure him. But why does it look like I did the wrong thing? I just didn't want him to feel pressure by remembering our memories. But why?!!" Wonwoo cried out. Seungcheol just hugged him tighter.

"Won, I think you did the right thing, so it's okay." Seungcheol said. 

"Hyung I don't know what to feel. I feel like I'm being mocked. We just had to have to same last name. Hyung so this is the way we break up. It just had to be the most painful thing" Wonwoo cried more. Soon, all the boys found them and hugged Wonwoo. They all feel sad for Wonwoo. 

Mingyu decided it would be best if his best friend meet his boyfriend personally. So, Jungkook introduced himself. 

"Hi I'm Jeon Jungkook and you are?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm Je-- Choi Wonwoo." Wonwoo lied, he didn't want to introduce himself as a Jeon. 

 

"You did what?! Why did you do that?" Seungcheol asked, as Wonwoo told him what happened.

"Hyung I had no choice" Wonwoo said.

"Yes, Wonwoo you had a choice. That might be the way for Mingyu to remember everything-- remember you!" Seungcheol practically shouted. 

"But hyung, it might also not be the way. Remember what Mingyu told us? He had been hearing Jeon when he was in a coma and he thinks that Jungkook is the guy he used to date and love. I didn't want to ruin his happiness now. He said that his life is complete now. He said he didn't need to remember everything" Wonwoo said as he started crying. Seungcheol just looked at him, understanding what he meant. 

Soon, Wonwoo occupied his time with work, so he doesn't have to deal with Mingyu. He might just start crying in front of him. His boss noticed his hard work, and decided to promote him and move to a different country. Wonwoo was contemplating if he should accept it or not. At the end, he accepted it and decided that he will finally move one, since Mingyu did already. Before the day he leaves, he decided to come clean to Mingyu.

 

 

"Mingyu thank you for coming.. I didn't expect that you will go here since you have a date with Jungkook..." Wonwoo smiled sadly when he remembered that. "But don't worry this is probably the last time you will see me anyways, so I appreciate it. I'm also sorry for avoiding these days. I have a valid reason for it. The days I was avoiding you I was hurting." Wonwoo continued as his tears were forming. Wonwoo hugged him tight and Mingyu just hugged back. When Wonwoo let go, Mingyu spoke. 

"What do you mean?" Mingyu asked as he was confused by the older's actions and words. 

"Mingyu-yah, this is my last attempt on making you remember all the things you forgot. I'm not expecting that you will start to regain your memories back, because I know you are happy with what you are right now." Wonwoo said as a tear dropped. "I know I said I won't give up, but I decided that I will let you go. You deserve all the happiness in life.. And I'm not planning to stop that."

"Minnie- that's what I used to call you when we were dating" Wonwoo said as he remembers, while Mingyu gasped. " While you call me Wonnie, and yes Mingyu we used to be a thing, but ever since you had amnesia, I think we broke up?" Wonwoo sadly chuckled as his tears are going down. "The boys have been telling you about it, but you don't believe them, that what hurts the most. So I told them to stop because we're both just going to get hurt. I realized that I was easy to replace. When I got in the hospital, I wasn't expecting that you will have an amnesia, so I introduced myself as your best friend because I didn't want to pressure you. But what hurts me the most is that you found someone easily. You said you feel like you know him, you said that you've been hearing his name. Because you said that when you were in a coma you keep hearing 'Jeon'. You said that he was the love of your life. The moment I heard that, my world has been crushed, my heart stopped beating. I saw that you were happy with him, so I just smiled. When you asked me my real name I said I was Choi Wonwoo, but the truth is I'm not" Wonwoo stopped as he looked at Mingyu who was looking at him.

"Then who are you?" Mingyu said as his voice was breaking. Wonwoo decided to ignore the question first.

"Mingyu I just want to thank you for everything. Thank you for making me feel the way I didn't expect I would feel. Thank you for being by my side and for taking care of me. So let me introduce myself again." Wonwoo said as he wiped his tears. 

"Hi, Kim Mingyu! I'm Jeon Wonwoo. It was nice meeting you and I wish you all the best. I love you Kim Mingyu and I will miss you." Wonwoo introduced himself as he started crying and left the scene. He ran away from him. He left so he doesn't need to deal with more heartache. Mingyu on the other hand was shocked that he was a Jeon too. He keeps saying Wonwoo's name and after a couple of times flashbacks went to his mind. 

As soon as he remembered, he stopped talking. All his memories keep flashing through his mind. He didn't know that he was crying as he remembers. He started looking for Wonwoo, ran around the park but Wonwoo was nowhere to be found. He collapsed and fell into the ground. He cried as he realized what he did. He hurt the person he vowed that he will never hurt him.

He realized he lost someone important.

He left the person who he promised to be with in the future.  

The Jeon that loved him unconditionally. 

It wasn't Jeon Jungkook.

It was Jeon Wonwoo after all.

The only Jeon he needs in his life.

He lost his only one. 

He lost his true love.

He lost Jeon Wonwoo.

 


------------------------------------------
A/N: Thank you for the 75 subscribers🎉 I know I said I will update after my exams, but I realized that I haven't updated this for a long time. Once again thank you and please comment. 

P.S. I love the Mingyu-Jungkook interactions these days, but my Meanie heart is also hurting haha. So please don't hate me with this.