Fixed Marriage (Part 2)

Meanie One-shots/Drabbles

Wonwoo can't believe that Mingyu is back and he will marry him. Wonwoo will be lying if he doesn't admit that he liked Mingyu. But will his feelings go back? A part of him is still disappointed to Mingyu because of not fulfilling his promises, but a part of him is also happy that his friend is back. 

"Hi Wonwoo! Long time no see" Mingyu greeted Wonwoo as if nothing happened to them. Wonwoo just scoffed.

"Hi Mingyu, yeah long time no see. How many years has it been? 10 years?" Wonwoo asked with a mocking tone. 

"Yeah it's been 10 years" Mingyu asnwered not so confidently and calmly.

"Okay kids let's have dinner and you guys can catch up on your own time" Wonwoo's mom said. They all went to the dining area and ate, they also talked.

"So Wonwoo, how are you? You've grown up so much since the last time I saw you!" Mingyu's mom said.

"Ah yes Aunty, and I changed a lot" Wonwoo said.

"You've grown into a handsome man! Tell me do you have many suitors? Or are you in a relationship?" Mingyu's mom asked out of curiosity.

"Thank you aunty. I don't have any suitors Aunty" Wonwoo said as he blushed. "And no I'm not in a relationship" Wonwoo continued. 

"Oh really? Because by the looks of it, it looks like you have one.. The one you were talking to? You guys seem very close" Mingyu's mom commented. 

"Oh Seungcheol?" He asked and she just nodded. "Oh no no, we're just friends--best friends. Yes we're close because he's been with me for 9 years now and I TRUST him very much. He doesn't leave people hanging." Wonwoo said. Mingyu flinched at the statement.

"Oh well that's nice" Mingyu's mom said.

"Oh Wonwoo you're hanging out with Seungcheol tomorrow right?" Wonwoo's mom asked.

"Yes.. But its only the two of us because Jun is in China right now. Why mom?" Wonwoo questioned. As he drank his water.

"Well why don't you bring Mingyu along. I'm sure it would be fun" Wonwoo's mom said happily. Wonwoo was shocked by the statement so he choked on the water. All the people looked at him. He just smiled sympathetically. 

"But why Mom?" Wonwoo whined.

"Won, you should accompany Mingyu and you guys need to be close again for your wedding. Besides you guys are not going on a date right?" Wonwoo's mom asked. 

"Mom we're just friends" Wonwoo groaned. 

"Then I'm sure Seungcheol won't mind, and it would be great if Mingyu and him will get along." Wonwoo's mom said. 

"Ohh yeah that will be fun" Mingyu's mom said agreeing. Wonwoo just groaned. "And I'm sure Mingyu will not go anywhere tomorrow" Mingyu's mom continued. "Am I right Mingyu?" As she asked Mingyu. Mingyu just nodded his head. "Yeah" Mingyu said, as he was very excited inside.

"Okay fine I'll tell Seungcheol" Wonwoo said agreeing. 

"Now that's settled, let's talk about the wedding" Wonwoo's dad as he interrupted.

"Can you tell us first why we're getting married?" Wonwoo asked out of curiosity.

"Well we're planning to merge our companies, so we don't have to fight for the top spot." Mingyu's dad explained.

"Ohh" Both Mingyu and Wonwoo said in unison while nodding their heads.

"So when is it?" Mingyu asked.

"We don't have an exact date yet, but the sooner the better" one of the moms said.

"Oh okay" the two boys said.

"We'll talk about it more soon" The dads said. Soon the dinner was over, and Mingyu's family left. That night, Wonwoo forgot to tell Seungcheol that Mingyu was coming with them due to his tiredness and the fact that Mingyu is going with them. 

Mingyu will pick Wonwoo up, so they will both arrive at the same time. The car ride was very awkward. The car was filled with silence as Mingyu broke it.

"So uh how are you?" He asked nervously.

"I'm good.. How about you?" Wonwoo asked.

"I'm good too" Mingyu answered. Once again it was awkward. "Oh my gosh Wonwoo, you guys used to be very close now you can't talk to him" Wonwoo scolded himself in his mind. "Mingyu get your head straight, you guys were best friend until you broke it, so why do you feel awkward" Mingyu said in his thoughts. 

"Uhmm can we play some songs?" Wonwoo asked so the car won't be filled with silence. 

"Yeah sure" Mingyu said. The song that played used to be their favourite song and their theme song. When they both heard it, their eyes went wide, looked at each other and smiled nervously. They were both flustered. Great, now it was more awkward. 

When they arrived, Mingyu parked the car and opened the door for Wonwoo. Wonwoo just blushed at it. When they were walking, Mingyu just suddenly intertwined their fingers, which made Wonwoo yelped in surprise. "Why?" Wonwoo asked flushed looking at their fingers. "Because we have to be used to it" Mingyu said as he smiled. Wonwoo just nodded and let him be. When they got inside, Mingyu just held his hand tighter, scared that Wonwoo will get lost. They went to the place they're supposed to meet. When they got there, Seungcheol was there already and sent a questioning look to Wonwoo. And that's when Wonwoo realized that he forgot to tell Seungcheol. 

"Oh right Cheol, I forgot to tell you that someone is coming with me." Wonwoo said as he sent Seungcheol an apologetic look.

"Oh its okay, so who is this?" Seungcheol asked and looked at their entwined fingers.

"Oh right, Seungcheol I want you to meet Mingyu, my fiancé" Wonwoo introduced Mingyu. 

"What? This is the guy?" Seungcheol frantically asked.

"Uhmm yes" Wonwoo said, and confused at Seungcheol's tone. 

"Nice to meet you Seungcheol" Mingyu said as he sticked out his free hand. 

"Nice to meet you too Mingyu" Seungcheol as he shooked Mingyu's hand. 

"Wait do you guys know each other?" Wonwoo asked, sensing the weird atmosphere. 

"No why would you say that?" Mingyu asked nervously. 

"Oh nothing, because by the looks of it, it looks like you guys know each other... So Cheol where do we go?" Wonwoo asked.

"Well I just came here to tell you that I can't go anymore, I have something to do" Seungcheol lied. He just didn't want to see Mingyu and Wonwoo together. 

"What? You even threatened me last night" Wonwoo said as he pouted. Mingyu missed this side of Wonwoo, so he can't help it but stare at Wonwoo. 

"Well sorry, Jihoon called me and he said he needed me for something" Seungcheol said, Jihoon is his friend, who helps him forget his feelings for Wonwoo. 

"Wow, well okay fine. I'll let you go this time" Wonwoo said.

"Thanks Won" Seungcheol said as he hugged Wonwoo. While they were hugging Seungcheol sent a look to Mingyu. After that Seungcheol left, while Mingyu went to the washroom, leaving Wonwoo to roam around.

"Mingyu why didn't you tell me that you are back?" Seungcheol asked as they saw each other. 

"Well, I wanted it to be a surprise.. But thank you for taking care of Wonwoo while I was gone. Thank you very much" Mingyu said.

"No problem, but just to let you know he's disappointed at you and I may or may have had feelings for him.. Same as Jun" Seungcheol confessed.

"WHAT?!!" Mingyu shouted.

"What can you expect Mingyu, he was a sweet guy, but don't worry I have Jihoon and Jun has Minghao now, so you don't have to worry about anything." Seungcheol said trying to assure him. 

Seungcheol, Jun and Mingyu were friends. When Mingyu was leaving, he asked them to watch over Wonwoo so, Mingyu knows how Wonwoo is doing. 

"Okay fine, fine I believe you" Mingyu said nodding his head. 

"Okay, but you do know that there is a problem right?" Seungcheol asked.

"Yes I know that he's disappointed" Mingyu said. 

"Well at least you know AND we're not helping you on this one."Seungcheol warned him. "Well bye Mingyu, it was nice to see you again! Good luck!" Seungcheol said as he left Mingyu.

"Thanks Cheol, and it was nice to see you again!" Mingyu said. 

When Mingyu left the washroom, he immediately searched for Wonwoo. He found Wonwoo sitting in a bench and thinking about something. Mingyu decided to scare him. 

"Boo!" Mingyu shouted as he held Wonwoo's shoulder behind.

"Oh my gosh Mingyu. You know I hate it when people scare me" Wonwoo said as he put his hand on his heart.

"Hehe sorry" Mingyu said as he sent Wonwoo an apologetic look. Wonwoo just glared at him. 

"Let's go home" Wonwoo said.

"Why?" Mingyu asked.

"Seungcheol's not here anymore and besides we don't have anything to do" Wonwoo said as he stood up. Mingyu just pouted, he didn't want to go home. He wanted to spend time with Wonwoo. 

"Did you like Seungcheol?" Mingyu asked out of the blue. Wonwoo just laughed at the question.

"What no! He's like a brother to me and besides I like someone else" Wonwoo smiled not so innocently. 

"Well okay. Now let's go!" Mingyu said as he dragged Wonwoo and led him to the car.

"Wait Mingyu where are we going?" Wonwoo asked. 

"You'll see" Mingyu said smirking.

Mingyu drove them to the park they used to play. He remembered that they buried something here before he left and promised that they will dig it up, if they meet again. Mingyu thinks this is the right time to do it.

"Why are we here?" Wonwoo asked.

"Well it's been years since we went here" Mingyu said.

"You know, if you just fulfilled your promise we will be here all the time" Wonwoo said quietly.

"Huh? Did you say something?" Mingyu asked, pretending not to hear what Wonwoo said. 

"Oh nothing I just said let's go" Wonwoo said as he get out of the car.

They both missed this place, all their memories started flashing back. How they will chase each other, play in the sandbox and race to the swings. Wonwoo smiles as he remembers those times. 

"What are you smiling about?" Mingyu asked. 

"Just our old memories" Wonwoo smiled. He doesn't know why he can't stand being angry at Mingyu. He's supposed to be disappointed but he can't, and he thinks that his feelings are going back. 

"Ohh, so you remember what we buried under our favourite tree?" Mingyu asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Of course, that was our last memory here.. Want to dig it up now?" Wonwoo asked.

"Sure let's go" Mingyu said as he held Wonwoo's hand and lead the way.

When they got there, Wonwoo noticed the carving on the tree, it was their names. He remembers how Mingyu was so clumsy when they were carving it, Mingyu ended up crying and getting hurt. Wonwoo just chuckled at the memory. 

"Let's start now?" Mingyu asked. Wonwoo just nodded. When they found the chest, they opened it. It was their key chains inside. Wonwoo took Mingyu's and Mingyu took Wonwoo's. They agreed to switch to have each other's name. There was also a heart shaped locket, when you open it, it was their picture together when they were kids. Wonwoo was happy to get these back. But something caught his eye. He doesn't remember putting something in the chest. He took it out, and examined it. It was a ring, a diamond ring, shining because of the sun.

"Mingyu do you know what this is?" Wonwoo asked Mingyu. Mingyu was shocked that Wonwoo found it.

"Yes Wonwoo it's a ring" He said joking.

"I know that, I'm asking if you put it here" Wonwoo said as he rolled his eyes. 

"Uhmm yes I put it there, when you weren't looking." Mingyu said smiling.

"But why?" Wonwoo asked. But Mingyu ignored this question first and decided to ask Wonwoo another question. 

"Won, are you mad at me? Or disappointed?" Mingyu asked.

"Do you want an honest answer?"

"Yes" 

"To be honest yes I was, I waited everyday and hoping that you will come but you didn't, I was disappointed at your for not fulfilling your promise again. But when I saw you all of those started to go away I don't know why." Wonwoo confessed as his cheeks blushed.

"I figured that out, but to be honest, I did fulfilled my promise. I always go here, every night I'm watching you wait for me. I watched you from a far. I saw how those mosquitoes almost at you. I also remembered that you almost trip because you were running just in case you miss me." Mingyu admitted. 

"What?! Then why didn't you tell me?!" Wonwoo practically shouted as he pouted.

"Don't pout, it's bad for my heart" Wonwoo blushed at the statement. "And I didn't approach you because, I'm scared that it will be hard for me to leave. I'm pretty sure you will not let me go" Mingyu winked teasing Wonwoo, as he received an eye roll. 

"And about Seungcheol and Jun, I asked them to watch over you while I'm gone. They tell me everything about you." Mingyu said.

"What?! Those punks!" Wonwoo shouted and was shocked. "But your first statement was true, but thank you though, and sorry for not trusting you" Wonwoo said as he bowed his head. 

"No Won its okay I understand. And I'm sorry too" Mingyu said as he cupped Wonwoo's face. 

"It's okay. At least you fulfilled your promise even though I didn't know." He said chuckling.

"And to answer your question before, I put the ring because I promised myself that I will marry you if we dig this up. So Jeon Wonwoo do you want be the Kim Wonwoo of my life?" Mingyu asked as he kneeled down and raising his eyebrows up and down. 

"My gosh Kim Mingyu you're so weird" Wonwoo said laughing. "But yes I will we're going to get married anyway" Wonwoo said, as Mingyu slipped the ring. He stood up and hugged Wonwoo.

"I miss you so much Won" as he hugged Wonwoo.

"I missed you too" as he hugged Mingyu back.

Ever since that day, they became inseparable again and they started to plan their wedding. They only wanted a simple wedding, not wanting those fancy ones, even though they can afford them. Their parents were happy for them and even Seungcheol and Jun. 

At the day of their wedding, they were very happy. They both can't explain what they're feeling. There were butterflies in the stomachs. All they know is they're happy to be back in each other's arms. 

Sometimes promises are meant to be broken, but they can be replaced by a better promise. 

------------------------------------------
A/N: I tried my best writing this, I wanted it to be angst but I realized I can't write angst, so I decided it to be fluff instead😂 and I also want to thank FMLplss and Unicorn77 for upvoting this! Thank you! And thank you for the 20 subscribers!