Chemistry

Meanie One-shots/Drabbles

Sitting in his class quietly, waiting for the teacher to give his chemistry test back. Wonwoo was very anxious about it, if he fails this one, the teacher will get someone to tutor him. And he doesn't want that. It's not his fault that Chemistry is his not thing, he's trying his hardest to understand it, but he can't. As the teacher were nearing him, he started to get antsy. When the teacher put the test on his desk, he looked at it and he failed--again. The teacher whispered that he needs to see him after class. Wonwoo sighed and groaned in frustration. Why can't he be smart like other students?! When the bell rang, all the students left, while he stayed in his spot. As he was alone with his teacher, he went in front of the teacher's desk.

"Mr. Park.." Wonwoo called out.

"You now why you're here right?" Mr. Park asked, as Wonwoo nodded. "So when do you want to start?" Mr. Park asked, as Wonwoo sighed.

"Can I start tomorrow?" Wonwoo asked.

"Sure. Just go to the library tomorrow and you will see your tutor." Mr. Park informed him.

"But Mr. Park who--" Wonwoo was cut off by the bell, indicating that second period has already started. He bowed and ran to his next class.

As lunch came, he was sitting quietly until his best friend came.

"Jeon Wonwoo!" Soonyoung said as he sling his arm around Wonwoo's shoulder.

"What do you want?!" Wonwoo groaned, he's not in the mood for his jokes.

"Woah Jeon, calm down. What's your problem anyway?" Soonyoung asked worriedly. He knows when his best friend is happy, sad, mad or embarrassed.

"Soonyoung~" Wonwoo said as he put his head on Soonyoung's shoulder. This is very normal when Wonwoo has a problem.

"Yes Won? What happened?" Soonyoung said as he soothed Wonwoo's back.

"I failed my chemistry test again" Wonwoo whispered, but enough for Soonyoung to hear.

"What the f---" he didn't get to finish because Wonwoo covered his mouth.

"Language Hosh." Wonwoo said, Wonwoo doesn't like it when someone swears.

"I was going to say fudge, do you want fudge?" Soonyoung joked. "But anyways how? I know how hard you studied for that test...." Soonyoung said sympathetically. He feels bad for Wonwoo, he saw how Wonwoo studied for that test, he even had to missed some meals.

"I know... But when I was doing it, I suddenly forgot what to do..." Wonwoo admitted.

"That's okay Won... So now you're going to get tutored?" Soonyoung asked as Wonwoo nodded. "Who is it?"

"I don't know, I didn't get the chance to ask Mr. Park. I'll see him tomorrow though." Wonwoo said, as the cafeteria suddenly became loud because of the girls' screams. They turned around to see what the commotion was about, when they turned around, it was the famous group. They are in their senior years, while Wonwoo and Soonyoung were in they sophomore years. The group consists of Mingyu, Seungcheol, Junhui, Minghao, Jeonghan, Vernon, and Joshua.

Wonwoo watched dreamily as Mingyu was walking. Wonwoo had a crush on Mingyu ever since he first saw Mingyu. Soonyoung had to nudge him just to wake up from his daydream.

"Won, stop doing that it's creepy." Soonyoung joked.

"As if you don't this to Jihoon" Wonwoo fired back. As if on cue, a small guy appeared.

"I heard my name? What's up?" Jihoon said as he took a seat.

"N-nothing" Soonyoung stuttered as Wonwoo snickered. Jihoon just looked at them weirdly.

"Won, what happened to your chemistry test?" Jihoon asked.

"Jihoonie~" Wonwoo said as he pouted. Jihoon was the same age as Soonyoung and Wonwoo. "I failed" Wonwoo said sadly.

"Oh Won, stop acting cute but WHAT?! You failed again?!" Jihoon asked in shock, he thought Wonwoo would pass this one.

"Shh, quiet down hyung... But yeah I failed, so I have tutoring sessions now.. AND I don't know who it is" Wonwoo said as he knows Jihoon will ask who.

"Well good luck Jeon, I hope you pass this time and I wish your tutor won't have a hard time" Jihoon mocked, Wonwoo just glared at him as he sense the mockery.

"Hoonie don't be mean" Soonyoung finally spoke up as he watching the two converse.

The next day, Wonwoo was not anticipating who his tutor will be. He's just hoping that it wouldn't be Seungkwan--the school diva. It would be hard and embarrassing for Wonwoo. When bell rang indicating it's time to go home, Wonwoo packed his things and went to the library. When he got there, he didn't know how he would meet up with his tutor. As the man above heard his question, he gave him an answer.

"Mr. Jeon" Mr. Park called as Wonwoo turned around.

"Mr. Park" as Wonwoo bowed.

"Good you're here today. I thought you will not come" Mr. Park joked.

"Well it's for my own sake anyways..." Wonwoo mumbled.

"Anyway, your tutor is about to come and you can just sit there" Mr. Park said as he pointed the corner, making Wonwoo look. "And I will tell you tutor to meet you there."

"Thank you Mr. Park" as Wonwoo bowed and went to the table.

Wonwoo decided that his back will face the students, becuase he doesn't want to get noticed. He opened his math textbooks, and tried to study. A few minutes later, someone called him.

"Jeon Wonwoo?" The man called and Wonwoo thinks that the voice is very familiar.

"Yes?" Wonwoo said as he turned around. When he did, he saw Mingyu standing i front of him. He was confused.

"Oh" Mingyu said as he went to Wonwoo's table. "I'm Kim Mingyu and I'm your chemistry tutor." Mingyu introduced. Wonwoo was internally screaming inside. "WHAT?! He can't be my tutor. I may not be able to focus due to his handsomeness" Wonwoo thought.

"Oh I'm Jeon Wonwoo" as Wonwoo bowed.

"Let's start now shall we?" Mingyu asked as Wonwoo nodded.

Mingyu kept explaining on what to do, and he also asked what Wonwoo doesn't understand. Wonwoo pointed the things he didn't understand. Mingyu started teaching him on how to do it. But Wonwoo can't help himself staring at those pinkish and kissable lips of Mingyu. He had to shake his head to stop thinking about it.

"Wonwoo? Are you okay?" Mingyu asked as he watched the younger's actions.

"U-uh yeah.. But can you repeat what you said?" Wonwoo asked and Mingyu just nodded.

The session went on and Wonwoo can understand a little bit. Mingyu noticed that the younger can't focus.

"Okay Wonwoo, I know that you can't understand, but can you at least focus?" Mingyu aksed pleading, he was a little bit irritated on the younger's actions.

"U-hmm I'm sorry Mingyu hyung. I'm just tired.." Wonwoo lied. But Mingyu bought the excuse.

"Mingyu is fine.. You don't have to call me hyung.. And I guess we can just continue this tomorrow.." Mingyu said. "Go home and rest." Wonwoo packed his things and said thanks to Mingyu as he left.

As soon as Wonwoo got out, he finally let out a breath. He was so nervous around Mingyu. When he was walking down the hallways, he saw Soonyoung waiting for him.

"Hosh" Wonwoo called, as the other turned to face him.

"Won!" Soonyoung said as he went to Wonwoo. "How was your tutoring? Who was your tutor? Is he smart? Is it Seungkwan?" Soonyoung bombarded him with questions.

"Calm down.. I don't think it went well, because I can't focus...."

"Why so?"

"Because of the tutor...."

"Why does he smell?!"

"What?! No!" Wonwoo shouted.

"Then why?"

"Because its Mingyu.." Wonwoo whispered but Soonyoung heard it.

"WHAT?!" Soonyoung said shocked. "No wonder you can't focus." Soonyoung joked.

"Soonyoung~ what do I do?" Wonwoo asked.

"Won, for now just focus on your tutor sessions. Pretend that he is not the Kim Mingyu you like. You can't fail another Jeon, because if you do, I will personally tell Auntie" Soonyoung threatened him. He just doesn't want Wonwoo to get hurt. He also wants Wonwoo to pass.

"I think you're right Hosh... I'll try to focus" Wonwoo said.

 

 


A lot of tutoring sessions had passed and Wonwoo is getting better. The things he didn't get before, he can do it now. Even though he can't focus sometimes, but he's trying his hardest.

"So Wonwoo tell me about yourself" Mingyu spoke as they were sitting on the school garden.

"What do you want to know about me?" Wonwoo asked, he was wondering why does Mingyu want to know him better.

"Everything."

"Fine.. But you will tell me about yourself too"

"Deal"

"Okay, so I'm Jeon Wonwoo.I like the colour blue. I don't eat seafoods, but I like to plant. And I'm scared of dogs.... Sorry Mingyu hyung-- I mean Mingyu, that's all I can think right now.."

"It's okay. So I'm Kim Mingyu, I love to cook. I like the color blue too! But really you're scared of dogs? I like dogs, especially puppies!" Mingyu said excitedly.

The two conversed more and soon they knew basic facts of each other.

"So Wonwoo are you dating someone?" Mingyu asked. Wonwoo tensed at the question.

"Uhmm nope. How about you?"

"No. Have you been in a relationship?"

"Ha-ha" Wonwoo laughed uneasily. "No.." Wonwoo confessed.

"Really? By the looks of it, I feel like you did."

"No, well I had someone. We liked each other but we never had a relationship. How about you?"

"Yeah, I had one, but we broke up. By the way why are you falling chemistry? Because the first time I saw you I swear we had some chemistry. " Mingyu joked, which Wonwoo blushed at. Is Mingyu flirting with him?! Wonwoo just laughed nervously.

 


After a few more, Wonwoo is getting the hang of it. As Mingyu kept on making some chemistry jokes along the way. The two also are close now. They hang out sometimes, eat together too. Sometimes people mistaken them that they are dating. They met each other's friends, but Mingyu's friends are not so fond about Wonwoo. Since Wonwoo is improving, Mr. Park decided that he will test Wonwoo.

Wonwoo was very nervous when they were studying.

"Calm down Wonwoo, I'm sure you will ace it." Mingyu tried calming him.

"Are you sure? What if I fail again? I will waste all your effort and time on me" Wonwoo said.

"Nah, you won't. I'm happy that I got to spend some time with you" Mingyu said. Mingyu developed some feelings towards the other. He also knows that the other has a crush on him. "Say, if you pass this test.. Can I ask you on a date?" Mingyu bravely asked. Wonwoo's brain went haywire.

"Wh-what?!"

"It will be your reward" Mingyu said trying to convince Wonwoo. Wonwoo was confused, why is Mingyu doing this? Does Mingyu like him?

"Okay fine"

 


At the day of the test, Wonwoo was so nervous. But he tried to calm down and hope for the best. He answered the questions easily. When he was finished he gave the paper to Mr. Park to check. He decided that he will wait for the results and will immediately tell Mingyu, who's waiting patiently on the school gates.

"Mr. Jeon" Mr. Park called, with an uneasy face. Wonwoo knows what it means. He went to the teacher's table and grabbed the test.

"Congratulations! I must say those tutoring sessions really helped you. Keep up the good work."

"What? I passed?" Wonwoo said as he checked the paper. Indeed he passed, he only got two mistakes wrong. "Thank you Mr. Park, thank you" Wonwoo said happily as he bowed and got out of the room. He was so excited to tell Mingyu about this, when he reached their meeting place, he noticed that Mingyu is not there. He decided to look around. When he reached the school garden, he saw Mingyu with a guy-- Seungkwan. He decided to eavesdrop.

"Mingyu I know we've been friends for a while now but I really really like you" Seungkwan confessed, at this statement Wonwoo's heart clenched.

"I'm sorry Seungkwan but I can't accept your feelings." Mingyu said and Wonwoo was happy to hear this.

"Why? Do you like someone else?"

"I do.." Mingyu confessed, as Wonwoo wondered who.

"Is it Wonwoo?" Seungkwan bravely asked. Wonwoo was anticipating on his answer.

"No, he's just a friend" Migyu lied

As soon as he heard the answer, his heart broke. He immediately left the place and went home. He knows that he should've not gotten his hopes up. He sighed and tried to sleep to forget what happened.

Mingyu was patiently waiting for Wonwoo, when Seungkwan approached him. He followed Seungkwan and did not expect that he will confess. But when he asked him if he likes Wonwoo, he didn't know if he should tell the truth or not, at the end he lied. After their conversation, Seungkwan told him not to tell anyone about their conversation and he just nodded.

He went back to the gates to see if Wonwoo is there already, but he wasn't. He looked at the time and it's getting late. He decided to go to the classroom to check if Wonwoo is still writing the test. When he got there, Wonwoo wasn't there anymore it was just Mr. Park. Mr. Park saw him, so he decided to ask.

"Mr. Park? Where's Wonwoo?" Mingyu asked.

"Huh? He already went.. Didn't you see each other?" Mr. Park said.

"Nope.."

"He went 30 minutes ago. By the way thank you for tutoring him. He improved a lot" Mr. Park said.

"Did he pass?"

"He did. In fact he only got 2 mistakes." Mr. Park said smiling, Mingyu just smiled back.

"Oh thank you.. Well I have to go now." Mingyu said as he bid his goodbye. Mingyu was wondering where Wonwoo is. He decided to call him.

Wonwoo woke up to the sound of his phone, he didn't even bother to check the name.

"Hello?" Wonwoo said groggily.

"Yah! Wonwoo where are you? I've been waiting for you!" Mingyu scolded, by this Wonwoo was shocked and checked the name. He's regretting that he didn't check the name.

"Sorry Mingyu, I thought you left already.. When I got there you weren't there. So I assumed that you went ahead, I went home" Wonwoo lied.

"Oh, I heard that you passed the test" Mingyu said.

"A-ah I did" Wonwoo stuttered.

"Are you okay? You sound weird.."

"Oh I just woke up that's why. Mingyu can I talk to you later? I'm really tired" Wonwoo said.

"Oh okay"

When the call ended, Wonwoo sighed in relief. He didn't want to talk to Mingyu. He knows its not Mingyu's fault but he can't help it. He felt like Mingyu sent some signals. He's just hoping that Mingyu won't remember his reward.

Mingyu was wondering why Wonwoo was like that. Wonwoo was not the type to leave people, he would usually look for them. He shrugged it off and thought that Wonwoo is just tired.

 


The next day

Wonwoo didn't know how he will act around Mingyu. He just hoped that his change of attitude won't be notice.

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu shouted as he noticed Wonwoo walking down the hallway. Wonwoo suddenly turned around.

"Yes?" Wonwoo said, trying not to be nervous.

"Nothing, let me bring you to your class." Mingyu offered.

"No its okay." Wonwoo said as he looked around trying to find an excuse. He suddenly thought of one. "I have to go to the library with Seungcheol" Wonwoo said as he went to Seungcheol. Mingyu was confused by the situation. Is Wonwoo avoiding him? And the feeling inside him is not helping at all. He knows that the two used to like each other. He just watched the two walk away as he glares at the back of Seungcheol‘s head.

Seungcheol was perplexed why Wonwoo was approaching him.

"Seungcheol, let's go to the library shall we?" Wonwoo asked with pleading eyes.

"Uh sure.." Seungcheol looked where Wonwoo came from and saw Mingyu.

When they reached the library, Seungcheol suddenly asked.

"Okay Jeon Wonwoo, spill the beans. I know you very well" Seungcheol said sternly.

"Seungcheol hyung~" Wonwoo said pouting. "I hate the fact that you know me, but fine" Wonwoo said as he started telling everything, coming come clean.

"Are you sure he said that? Because when he saw us together, I saw jealousy in his eyes" Seungcheol teased.

"Cheollie~~ don't get my hopes up. My heart is already broken because of yesterday." Wonwoo said.

"I was just kidding. But you know you can always come back to me" Seungcheol said winking.

"Yah Choi Seungcheol!" Wonwoo said hitting the other.

"Calm down Jeon. But what are you going to do now? You know you can't avoid him forever." Seungcheol said in his serious tone.

"I know, I might just tell him the truth, so he doesn't have to do anything." Wonwoo sighed

"Well that's good. Now that's settle, let's go to class." Seungcheol said.

Wonwoo texted Mingyu if they can meet at the school garden after school. Mingyu just said yes.

When the bell rang, Wonwoo went to the school garden and Mingyu was already there. Mingyu noticed his presence.

"You wanted to meet me here?"

"Yes, I need to tell you something"

"Mingyu I know you only treat me as a dongsaeng but I can't treat you as a hyung. I really like you Mingyu. But its okay if you can't reciprocate my feelings. I know your feelings are just platonic." Wonwoo confessed, he was suddenly proud of himself for not being nervous. Mingyu acted that he was shock, but he still feels good that it came from Wonwoo's mouth. Soonyoung accidentally told him that Wonwoo likes him.

"You like me?" Mingyu acting shock. Which Wonwoo noticed.

"Yup, ever since the first time I saw you.." Wonwoo said eyeing Mingyu.

"Really?! Wow! I don't know what to say" Mingyu said still acting dumb.

"Yup. Wait Mingyu you're acting strange.. Are you okay?"

"Whaaatt of course I'm fine ha-ha" Mingnyu laughed nervously.

"Did you know already?" Wonwoo deadpanned.

"Uhh yes?" Mingyu smiled sheepishly, while Wonwoo's eyes went wide and groaned.

"Was I that obvious?" Wonwoo asked nervously as Mingyu chuckled and shaking his head.

"No, someone told me."

"Since when did you knew?"

"After we got to meet each others friends." Mingyu admitted, as Wonwoo realized who told Mingyu.

"KWON SOONYOUNG" Wonwoo gritted his teeth.

"Calm down." Mingyu said as he noticed that sudden change of Wonwoo's mood. "Actually I need to thank him" Mingyu said as Wonwoo stared at him confused.

"Because of him, I knew that I will have a chance on you. Didn't you know I always watch you? Ever since from the start I know who you are. I was happy that Mr. Park chose me as your tutor." Mingyu confessed.

"What???"

"Yes Jeon Wonwoo, I like you too--- a lot actually" Mingyu said chuckling.

"B-but"

"What?"

"IkindaheardyourconversationwithSeungkwanyesterday" Wonwoo said as his cheeks starting to colour.

"Woah slow down, I didn't understand anything"

"I said, I kinda heard your conversation with Seungkwan yesterday." Wonwoo said as he lowered down his head. Mingyu's eyes went wide and suddenly realized something.

"Wait so you saw me?" Wonwoo nodded. "That's why you were acting strange yesterday" Mingyu said chuckling.

"Sorry..." Wonwoo apologized and Mingyu was confused why.

"Why are you saying sorry? I'm the one who should be saying sorry." Mingyu said as he lift up Wonwoo's head, making them have an eye contact. "I'm sorry you had to hear that I lied about my feelings yesterday. I lied because I wanted you to be the first person to know. But what I just said right now is the truth. I really really like you Jeon Wonwoo" Mingyu said smiling as Wonwoo smiled back. "So will you be my boyfriend?" Mingyu asked.

"Of course I will besides I passed my test" Wonwoo said as he hugged Mingyu, resting his head on his shoulder. Mingyu hugged him back and kissed the top of Wonwoo's head.

"See I told you we have some chemistry" Mingyu joked as Wonwoo hit him in the arms.
—————————————————————
A.N: After a year and many months, finally here’s an update! Sorry for the late update, last year was a hard year for me and this year has been busy.. Thank you for waiting, subscribing, upvoting and commenting! I really appreciate it! Hope you enjoyed this oneshot though! Please comment on what you think about it

P.S Unfortunately I cant update my other story😔 but I’ll update somewhere this year I guess..

Let’s support Seventeen’s comeback on the 21st! Let’s stream and give them all the wins they deserve!✊✊