170717

Meanie One-shots/Drabbles

A/N: Lower down your expectations, I haven't write for a very long time and sorry for the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. 

------------------------------------------

Wonwoo and Mingyu are childhood friends. Their parents are best friends, that's why the two met. They are also neighbours that made it easier for them. 

 

At school, they're known for sticking together, where Mingyu is that's where Wonwoo is and vice versa. In high school, many people thought they were dating, but they politely say that they're just friends. But, both of them have feelings for each other, too scared to ruin their friendship.

 

During their third year, that's when Mingyu decided that he will confess. He will confess on the last day, so on senior year they are together. What he didn't know something was going to happen.

 

On the last day of school, he was patiently waiting for Wonwoo at the gates. When he saw him, he immediately latched on to him. 

 

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu exclaimed as he put his arm around Wonwoo's shoulders.

 

"Mingyu!" Wonwoo said as he wrapped his arms around Mingyu's waist.

 

"Are you doing something today?" Mingyu asked.

"Uhmm, nope why?"

"Great! Let's hang out then!"

"Okay, but you're paying"

"Of course, I always pay anyways" Mingyu said as he rolled his eyes, making Wonwoo laugh.

 

Mingyu dragged him to the arcade since he knows Wonwoo loves games. In the claw machine, he saw how Wonwoo was struggling to get the stuffed fox, so he stepped in to help him.

 

"I'll do it for you" Mingyu said as he pushed Wonwoo out of the way, making Wonwoo pout. 

"You can't get it,since I can-" Wonwoo stopped talking as he saw Mingyu dropping it at the dropping box. 

 

"What did you say? Hmm" Mingyu said smirking.

"What?! How did you do that?" Wonwoo asked, he was very shocked.

"No one tell their secret, Princess" Mingyu said winking, teasing him. He gave the stuffed fox to Wonwoo, who gladly accepted it.

 

They played some more and when they were finished, they decided to have dinner. They ate in a small cozy restaurant. Mingyu thought it would be the perfect time.

 

"Wonwoo, I have something to tell you.." Mingyu said, as he was nervous.

"Hmm, what is it?" 

"I-I like you.. More than friends.." Mingyu shyly confessed.

"I like you too" Wonwoo smiled softly, as his cheeks were tinted.

"Wait so that means we're dating?" Mingyu asked. He was shocked, but pretended to play it cool.

"If you want to" Wonwoo said smiling. 

 

Mingyu immediately went to hug Wonwoo and kissed him on the forehead. Wonwoo melted into the taller's arms. 

 

"But Mingyu, we have one problem..." Wonwoo said.

"Huh? What is it?" Mingyu frowned, they haven't even been together for an hour and there's already a problem. 

"My family is moving to Canada. Dad got a promotion and thought it would be better if we were with him..." Wonwoo told Mingyu.

 

Mingyu didn't know what to feel or say. He was getting mad, but that would mean that he would just waste his remaining time with Wonwoo.

 

"When are you leaving?" Mingyu asked as he hugged Wonwoo tightly, burying his head into Wonwoo's hair.

"Two months from now" Wonwoo said as he hugged Mingyu back. Tears were froming.

"Okay, then let's cherish the time we have left together" 

 

Ever since that day, they were more inseparable. They went to different places. They went to the places they promised they would go back if they're together again. Their parents knew about them and they were feeling sad. Wonwoo's parents were feeling guilty since they just got together even though they took a lot of time. 

 

When the day came, both of them were scared to let each other go. Wonwoo was crying on Mingyu's chest. He didn't care if they were in the airport. As for Mingyu, he was trying to hold his tears but he was failing. He kissed Wonwoo's head a lot of times and just hugged him tightly.

 

"Babe, just promise me that you will take care of yourself. I know how you get easily, this time I won't be there to take care of you. Also it's cold there so always be warm okay? And always remember that I will be here. I love you" Mingyu said as he cupped Wonwoo's cheeks ang give him his first kiss on his lips. 

"I will, you too take care. Don't flirt with other girls" Wonwoo said making Mingyu laugh.

"Don't worry, I won't" Mingyu said sincerely.

"I love you too" Wonwoo said as he kissed Mingyu on the lips.

 

Soon, Wonwoo had to leave. Mingyu watched him from afar. He was trying not cry but he failed. 

 

Over the next few weeks, they were going strong. They always video chat and message each other. But when school started, they talked less and less because of the time zone and their schedule. 

 

Wonwoo was getting scared that they might not survive the long distance relationship, but Mingyu assures him that they won't let go of each other. 

 

They take turns on visiting each other. Their relationship is going on for two years now, but now they barely talk. Wonwoo always messages Mingyu, but Mingyu will reply a day later. They don't even video chat anymore because of Mingyu. Alao Mingyu's responses are so short. Wonwoo just thinks that Mingyu is busy.

 

But one day, Wonwoo received a message he didn't expect he will receive.

 

Dear Wonwoo,

Hi, I know I've been a jerk these past few months.. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can hold on to this relationship anymore.. It's getting tiring.. You know it's very hard.. I think we may need to take a break. So I'm very sorry Wonwoo

 

Kim Mingyu

 

After reading the message, Wonwoo felt like his heart was shattered. Like where did he go wrong? He always tries his best, so they can talk.. Sometimes he doesn't even sleep so he can talk to Mingyu. 

 

That's what you want? Mingyu you're not the only one in this relationship, me too. It's hard to let you go, but I will.Wanna know why? Because I love you. Your happiness will come first to me..If you're tired then I'll let you go...Since you already made a decision for yourself. Bye Kim Mingyu, thank you for everything. I hope you're happy. I love you this is probably the last time I will say it.

 

Jeon Wonwoo

 

Wonwoo was crying after he wrote that. He didn't want to give up, but why will he fight for it if one person already gave up? It would be harder. Days passed and Wonwoo is still the same person he was after he sent the message. He was like a programmed robot. He will cry, sleep, wake and go to school, then lock himself in his room. 

 

Mingyu on the other hand was feeling guilty. He didn't think what Wonwoo would feel. He was so selfish. It was his fault. His parents know how Wonwoo is doing and they always tell Mingyu, that makes Mingyu even guiltier. He's in the same situation as Wonwoo, but he's scared. He's a coward. 

 

--------5 years later--------

Wonwoo is going back to Korea, to work there. He told his parents that he can live by himself. Wonwoo still hasn't moved on from Mingyu, he's really trying to forget but he can't.

 

Mingyu is now an architect. He built the house Wonwoo and him designed when they were still dating. He's currently living there alone. He's in the same situation as Wonwoo. But at the same time he's hoping that Wonwoo will give him another chance.

 

When Wonwoo arrived, he was shock that Mingyu's parents was there to pick him up.  But Mingyu wasn't there. Wonwoo was wondering if he knows that he was coming back.

 

"Wonwoo! Over here!" Mrs. Kim shouted, Wonwoo smiled as he went there.

"Hi Auntie! How are you?" Wonwoo said as he hugged Mrs. Kim.

"I'm fine, how are you? You look handsomer now" Mrs. Kim teased, making Wonwoo laugh.

"I'm fine Auntie.." Mrs. Kim sensed that he's sad, but she doesn't want to bring the topic up.

"Let's go! I cooked a lot for you! You're staying at your house right?" Mrs. Kim asked as they were walking towards the car.

"Ah yes Auntie, Mom and Dad wanted me to live there, so I can be close to you guys" Wonwok explained, Mrs. Kim nodded in agreement. 

 

When they arrived, Wonwoo dropped his things off their house first and freshened up before going to the Kims' house.

 

He's scared that Mingyu will be there, he's still not ready to see him. The pain is still there.

 

Wonwoo knocked and Mr. Kim opened the door for him. Mr. Kim gave him a smile, he smiled back. Mr. Kim guided him to the kitchen and saw that they prepared a lot.

 

"Auntie, this a lot" Wonwoo commented. "Do you have any other visitors?" Wonwoo nervously asked.

"Ahh no, it's only going to be the three of us. Mingyu is living on his own and he doesn't really visit us" Mrs. Kim said, but then she realized that she just brought Mignyu up. "Ah I'm sorry Wonwoo" Mrs. Kim apologized.

"No, it's okay Auntie. Don't worry, I'm fine.." Wonwoo said as he sat down.

 

They ate and told stories about each other. Mrs. Kim really feels guilty on what Mingyu.

 

"Won, I'm so sorry... For the thing Mingyu did... Don't pretend that you're okay, because I can see you through... I'm here, I won't judge you... I hared him for doing that.." Mrs. Kim joked. Wonwoo started crying because he was so tired of putting up a facade. Mrs. kim hust hugged him and soothes his back.

"Auntie, thank you very much. I didn't break down in front of my parents knowing that they might attack Mingyu" Wonwoo joked. "But Auntie, I really can't blame him, he was tired of me, so I had no choice but to let go, I wanted to fight for him. But I don't think it would be worth it.. I'm still suffering until now, but I really try my best to move on" Wonwoo told her the truth. He was still crying. Soon, he feel asleep in Mrs. Kim embrace, so she asked her husband is he can bring Wonwoo in Mingyu's room.

 

Wonwoo woke up, but as he looked around, he realized he wasn't in his own room. He was in Mingyu's room. It was still the same as before and their picture was still there. Wonwoo stood up and picked it up. They were both smiling in the picture, it was when Mingyu piggybacked him. He put back the picture as he heard some knocking.

 

"Wonwoo dear, it's time for breakfast" Mrs. Kim said as she saw Wonwoo awake.

"Okay Auntie, I'll just go to the bathroom first" Wonwoo said.

 

After he was done, he went downstairs to eat with them. He's not really uncomfortable around them, that makes it easier for him. After he was done, he excused himself that he needed to go home. When he opened the door, a person was on the other side too. When he looked up, he never expected that it would be him.

 

Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo was shocked, so was Mingyu. They just stood there staring at each other, but Wonwoo broke it first and ran to his house. It never crossed his mind that Mingyu might go home. When he got home, he went to his bedroom and cried again. All their memories together are flashing back.

 

Mingyu on the other hand was surprised that Wonwoo was back. He thought that he was still in Canada. That's where he realized that he really did a huge mistake. Wonwoo is still the same but more mature and handsomer. He was awaken from his thoughts when his mother hit him.

 

"Where have been?! Why did you just visit us now?" Mrs. Kim shouted. 

"Aww Ma that hurts. I'm sorry, I've been busy." Mingyu explained. "Uhmm, when did Wonwoo arrive?" Mingyu asked.

"Really you're asking me? Well if you didn't do what you did five years ago probably you're not asking me that" Mrs. Kim sassed. 

"Ma, I know what I did wrong. I'm still guilty and not over it. I was so stupid. I should've chased him but I was scared. What if he founds someone better than me?" Mingyu told his mom, that earned him a pinch. 

"You stupid, you guys have been together for 2 years and you were doubting him? You guys were childhood friends, so you should've know better. Well if I'm Wonwoo, I'm never going back to you" Mrs. Kim said. She was literally furious when Mingyu told them that he broke up with Wonwoo before. "But he arrived yesterday, we picked him up" Mrs. Kim said as she finally answered Mingyu's question.

"WHAT?! You knew he was coming back? Why didn't you tell me?!" Mingyu shouted.

"Why would I tell you? Do you have the right to know?" Mrs. Kim said raising her eyebrows and smirking. 

"Maaaaa" Mingyu whined and pouted, his mom is so sassy. 

"Well if you didn't-" Mingyu stopped her by putting his finger in her lips.

"I know and I'm regretting it big time. I've been regretting it for five years now. It was so hard to live without him by my side. Before he was always beside me. The truth is I really didn't want to do what I've done. But I was a coward, I should've not let him go, I should've chased him. Ma, I'm really regretting what I did. I was so selfish. So, Ma I'm really sorry" Mingyu said, he just realized that he's been crying. "Also I've been living in my house. The house Wonwoo and I designed. I'm sorry for not visiting you" Mingyu said as he hugged his Mom, who hugged him back.

"Stop crying it doesn't suit you" She joked. "But good thing you realized it.. You should've been strong for the two of you. But you guys were both young that time, so it's understandable. But do you still love him?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"A lot Mom" Mingyu said confidently.

"Then fight for him now, don't give up this time. Explain how you really feel. Tell him everything, okay?" Mrs. Kim said as he wiped Mingyu's tears. "Aigoo you're an adult now. If I don't have Wonwoo as my son-in-law, I will disown you" Mrs. Kim threatened him, but they both know that she's just joking. She loves Mingyu too much.

"Don't worry Ma, I'll try my best" Mingyu promised.

 

When they were done talking, Mingyu thought it would be better if he explains now. The sooner the better. He went to Wonwoo's house, and knocked. He waited for a couple of seconds until the door opened. He saw how Wonwoo's eyes was puffy and red. He did what his heart told him to do.

 

He hugged Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo was shocked but started crying again. He didn't even realized that Mingyu's already inside and closed the door.

 

"Shh, let it all out" Mingyu said as he soothe Wonwoo's back. Wonwoo cried even more, as he started punching Mingyu's chest. 

"Why? Why did you have to do that? Why?!!" Wonwoo asked as he was still crying and still punching Mingyu's chest. 

"Can we sit down first?" Mingyu carefully asked, that earned him a glare. But nonetheless, Wonwoo agreed. As they sat down, Wonwoo sat far from Mingyu that made the other frown.

"Won, I'm really sorry" Mingyu satrted as he moved closer to Wonwoo and held his hand. "I know my apology is five years late but, I've been regretting it also for five years now. I was a coward back then. I was scared that you might find someone else better than me. Who will be beside you. Those thoughts were coming into my head. I know it looks like that I don't trust you but I really do, Won. I love you very much, but my stupidity said the opposite. The truth was I wasn't tired, you give me strength, but I let you go. Won, I still love you very much. I may had hurt you before but if you give me another chance, I will not do the same thing over again. I realized how hard it was. So please Won" Mingyu said as he was crying again. Wonwoo was crying too, it never came to him that Mingyu is having a hard time too. 

 

He smiled and hugged Mingyu, who hugged him back. They stayed in each other's arms, scared to let go. 

 

"But did you go into a relationship/s after me?" Wonwoo asked, ruining the mood.

"Princess, I told you that it was hard for me, so why would I find someone else?" Mingyu asked, while Wonwoo blushed at the nickname. He missed that.

"I'm just making sure you know. Maybe later on someone will tell me that you were in a relationship" Wonwoo said.

"Besides I promised you. That's the promise I didn't break." Mingyu said sincerely. "How about you?" Mingyu asked.

"Uhmm maybe" Wonwoo teased.

"Jeon Wonwoo-" Mingyu stopped talking when he felt that Wonwoo was kissing him. He hugged the other tightly and kissed back. 

"I'm just kidding, it was hard for me also, you have nothing to worry about. Well except for my parents, you have to face their wrath first" Wonwoo said making the other gulp. Wonwoo just laughed at him, making Mingyu laugh too.

"But I love you Wonwoo, I really do" Mingyu said as he looked into Wonwoo's eyes. Wonwoo can see the sincerity.

"I love you, I always have" 

 

 

Soon, Mingyu told Wonwoo that he should get dress and get his things. Wonwoo was confused but did it nonetheless, he knows Mingyu has a surprise. 

 

They first went back to the Kims' house to tell Mingyu's parents. They were so happy but Mingyu's mom threatened his son that if he hurts Wonwoo again, she will make sure he will get nothing from them. Wonwoo just laughed at the threat. 

 

Wonwoo also told his parents about it and they said that they go to Korea, to make sure Mingyu will not play around and talk to him properly. 

 

After that, Mingyu drove them into the peaceful side of the city. Wonwoo fell asleep since it was a 2-hour drive.

 

"Baby~ wake up.. We're here"

Wonwoo opened and rubbed his eyes and yawned. He got out of the car and was shocked that they're in someone's house. 

"Mingyu, whose house is this? Aren't we trespassing? Mingyu let's go, they might think we're going to do something" Wonwoo rambled as he was panicking. Mingyu just laughed at him.

"You're so cute" Migyu said pinching Wonwoo's cheeks. "Doesn't it look familiar to you?" Mingyu asked.

 

Wonwoo looked around and realized that it looks familiar. He was trying to remember where he seen this house. Soon it dawned him that this was the house they designed together. He immediately hugged Mingyu and started crying again.

 

"Babe, why are you crying?" Mingyu asked as he wiped Wonwoo's tears. 

"I'm just happy, but why did you do it?" Wonwoo asked.

"Because I promised myself that I will try to win you back and if that happens this is my gift." Mingyu said as he hugged and kissed Wonwoo's forehead.

"Thank you so much Mingyu. I love you Kim Mingyu" Wonwoo said as he kissed Mingyu.

"And I will forever love you Jeon Wonwoo" Mingyu said as he smiled at Wonwoo.

 

------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so so sorry, I've been so busy with school. I thought my second semester will be easier it turns out it's more busier and harder than my first one. Anyways now I'm on my summer vacation and will try to update as often as I can! 

Also thank you for the ones who subscribed to this story! I really appreciate it! Please comment your thoughts about this oneshot! Thank you again!!😊😊 

 

P.S. I might update my other story today or tomorrow. It will be most likely up tomorrow!

 

Happy Birthday to our bag of luck and garden fairy! I hope you enjoyed your birthday. (It's still his birthday in my country.)

 

Is any of you going to the Diamond Edge Tour? They're going to my country but it's in a different city😩 but it's okay! Probably next year!