Chapter 9

Just Say It Already

 

Several Confessions

Gui Gui was sound asleep, exhausted from her panic over Aaron. Aaron was watching her, smiling to himself. "She is so adorable when she’s sleeping. Since she’s sleeping, should I tell her my feelings? I might as well, she won't hear." Aaron thought.

Aaron took a deep breath. Even though she was asleep, he felt anxious and nervous. "Gui, you are one of my best friends. I didn't want to tell you this because I was afraid of losing you, losing your friendship. If you were awake, I would never say this, but I just had to let it out. Gui Gui, I like you. You are one of the most important people in my life."

Aaron sighed after his confession. He had never told anyone about his feelings, so his attitude had been worsening. He had been colder and colder to everyone around him, except Gui Gui and Xiao Gui, of course. "I'm glad I told her. She wasn't awake to hear me, but I just needed to say it out loud. At least nobody heard me." Aaron thought. He leaned over, brushed her bangs back, and kissed her on the forehead.

~about 5 minutes before~

*Ring, Ring*. Wei Yi’s cell phone went off. He picked it up. Wei Yi answered. "Hello?" Ya Tou spoke in a distressed voice. "Wei Yi, Gui Gui and Aaron are in the hospital!" Wei Yi was surprised. "What? How?" Ya Tou spoke quickly and hurriedly. "I'll tell you when you get here. But hurry!" Wei Yi said, "I'll be right there!"
Wei Yi rushed over to the hospital.

~At the hospital~

Wei Yi walked in, and realized that he had no idea where Aaron and Gui Gui were. He saw that there was a receptionist, so he decided to ask her. "Umm, excuse me, what room are Aaron Yan and Gui Gui in?" The receptionist looked it up in her computer. "They are in Room 206." She said, looking up. She pointed to the right. You go down that hallway, then turn right. Her room will be there. "Okay, thank you." Wei Yi said as he walked away.

Wei Yi walks to the room, only to discover that Xiao Gui and Ya Tou are outside. Wei Yi asked urgently, "Ya Tou, what happened? Are they awake?" Xiao Gui cautioned quietly, "I wouldn’t go in there yet if I were you." Wei Yi looked suspicious. "Why not?"

Xiao Gui just acted mysterious. "Trust me. It's better for you if you don't go in there." Wei Yi got infuriated. "Gui Gui is my friend. I should be able to see her if I want to. You can't stop me." Wei Yi completely ignores Xiao Gui and Ya Tou’s protests, and opens the door a little. He heard Aaron talking inside. He listens for Gui Gui's voice, but then he listens closer to what Aaron is saying.

His voice was shaky, but it grew firm. "Gui, you are one of my best friends. I didn't want to tell you this because I was afraid of losing you, losing your friendship. If you were awake, I would never say this, but I just had to let it out. Gui Gui, I like you. You are one of the most important people in my life." Aaron confessed.

Wei Yi was completely shocked, but what he saw next stunned him even more. Aaron bent over Gui Gui and kissed her on the forehead. From his point of view, he couldn't tell if Gui Gui is awake or not. Wei Yi closed the door, dumbfounded. Wei Yi's head is spinning. "Aaron...likes...Gui Gui? Did he just confess to her? Was she even awake? So, he's my love rival now? I...don't know anymore. Wei Yi turned to Ya Tou. "Ya Tou, what happened to them? Why are they even in the hospital?" He needed to calm down, and control his feelings. He could deal with his problem later.

Ya Tou hesitated. "Well..." Ya Tou was cut off by Xiao Gui. Xiao Gui said bitterly, "It's my fault." Wei Yi was caught off guard. "Your fault? What did you do?" Xiao Gui breathed, and then let out the whole thing.

"Well, I like Kathy. Gui Gui helped me and set up a group outing for us. We were all in a group, but Kathy seemed to like Aaron. She wanted to sit by him and kept talking to him, and stuff. I...got jealous. I was depressed, and when Aaron came to ask me what was wrong, I yelled at him, and punched him in the stomach. He flew backwards into the wall and hit his head, and was unconscious. Then Gui Gui came running in, and yelling at me, asking me what was wrong with me, and I slapped her. She fell and hit her head against the wall and was unconscious. The difference is, she was bleeding. When Kathy yelled at me, then I woke up and realized what I had done. I guess that I just couldn't handle it or something."

Wei Yi was flabbergasted. "What on earth had possessed Xiao Gui to injure his friends that way?" He thought angrily. "So you basically snapped?! And you took it out on them? Why didn’t you just confess to Kathy?" Wei Yi demanded. Xiao Gui looked down. "I was scared." Wei Yi said unmercifully, "Why don't you do it now? This way, at least their injuries count for something."

Xiao Gui sighed. "I guess I should. I feel I kind of owe it to them, but I'm afraid that Kathy will be scared of me after that." Wei Yi felt pity for Xiao Gui. "If you never try, you won't know. Besides, if she likes you, she'll accept you for who you are." Xiao Gui smiled weakly. "Thanks Wei Yi. By the way, what did you see when you opened their door?" Wei Yi instantly paled. He wasn't sure if he should divulge what he had just seen.

Wei Yi stammered, "Umm, they were just asleep. I mean, what else would they be doing, right? Well, I got to go. I have an appointment with someone. Bye guys! Call me when they wake up, ok?" Wei Yi quickly walked away, leaving Xiao Gui and Ya Tou baffled.

~The next day~

Gui Gui and Aaron are recovered enough to be able to leave the hospital. They get out of the hospital clothes, put on their own, and get ready to leave. Wei Yi, Ya Tou, and Xiao Gui are there. Wei Yi asked, "Hey, Gui Gui, can I talk to you about something?" Gui Gui said, "Sure, what is it?" Wei Yi pulled her aside. Wei Yi didn't like to beat around the bush, so he just asked her directly. "Gui, do you like somebody? Like, are you going out with someone?"

Gui Gui tilted her head. "Wei Yi, what are you talking about? Of course not. If I was going out with someone, you would have heard already. Why would you ask something like that?" Wei Yi said casually, "I was just wondering if anybody had confessed to you in the last couple of days."
Gui Gui thought for a moment before answering. "Hmm, nope. I don't recall anybody confessing to me." Wei Yi is at a loss for words.

Now Wei Yi feels kind of dumb. "Umm…" Gui Gui reassured him. "Wei Yi, I’m not going out with anyone. I promise. Ok?" Wei Yi thought. "So, Gui Gui wasnt awake when Aaron confessed? Then I still have a chance, right?" Aaron came up. "Gui Gui, I'll take you home. You need to rest." "You do too!" Gui argued.
"I'll take you, and then go home. OK?" Aaron promised. Gui Gui said, resigned, "Fine." They get all of their stuff, and leave the hospital. Ya Tou, Wei Yi, and Xiao Gui decide to go home too. Aaron and Gui Gui are walking together in a comfortable silence.

Aaron is thinking. "Should I tell her? What should I do? I can do it. Even if I do, she might accept me! If I don't, and I miss my chance, then I might never be able to tell her. But what if she rejects me? No, Aaron, don't think like that. Be positive."

Aaron gathered up his courage. "Gui Gui, I..." He never got to finish. He was interrupted by someone. "Hey, Gui Gui!" It was Jun. Gui Gui looked up, and saw him She sighed. "What are you doing here?" She asked. Jun said, "I have something to tell you." He stated it plainly. Gui Gui asked, "What is it?" Jun looked straight into her eyes. "Gui Gui, I like you. Will you go out with me?"

Gui Gui is shocked again. "What is this month,“confess to Gui Gui” month? First Wei Yi, now you." She said, irritated. She turns to Aaron. "You better not be in on this too! This is a ridiculous. Why is everyone suddenly confessing to me? Geez!" Aaron had reverted back to his emotionless face. His thoughts were full of emotion, however. "I feel...like my hopes have disappeared. I was just about to confess, when this Jun guy comes in and takes my chance. What nerve! I'll teach that guy a lesson he won’t soon forget. But now, I know not to confess to her, at least not this month. I guess she is not happy today."

Jun is still awaiting her answer. "So what's your answer?" Gui Gui said, "NO! I don’t know you, and quite frankly, you're kind of creepy, no offense or anything." Jun was taken aback. "What? I'm not creepy. How am I creepy. There is nothing creepy about me." "Yes there is. I don't have time to argue with you, I have to go home to rest. Aaron, let's go." Gui Gui said.

Aaron said over his shoulder. "You better not follow us again, or you'll have to explain all of your bruises to the teacher tomorrow." Aaron and Gui Gui walk away, leaving Jun with his broken heart.
___________________________________________________________
Author's Note:
Hey guys! Isn't the poster amazing? All thanks to fahrenheit_love. So...how did you like this chapter? Comment! I enjoy reading your comments and feelings about my fanfic. I hope you continue to support me!