Chapter 10

Just Say It Already

 

Eliteness?

Jun was sitting on a bench in the park, just staring at nothing in particular. He was feeling depressed after his confession failed. Right now, he just wanted to spend some time by himself, not doing anything. Just then, a girl came up to him. "Hi! My name is Kathy. What's your name? "Jun." He said shortly. Kathy could see that something was wrong. "What's wrong? You look so sad." "Why not? It's not like it will matter." Jun thought. "I just confessed to the girl that I liked, but she rejected me." Jun told her. Kathy felt so bad. "Oh! I’m so sorry!"

Jun was feeling a little weird, telling all of his troubles to a stranger. "Look, no offense or anything, but why do you care?" Kathy replied simply, "You just look like you needed someone to talk to." She said it so sincerely, that Jun couldn't argue. Jun decided that he could trust her. "So how are you going to help me?"

Kathy was interested in this stranger. He was different from anybody else that she had ever met. Kathy thought for a moment. "Well, do you still like her, even though she rejected you?" Jun hesitated. "Kathy might not talk to me anymore if I tell her how I pursued her. Maybe I can sidetrack her." "Well, you see, it's really complicated." He hedged. "That was a horrible excuse. She doesn't seem dumb enough to believe that." Jun thought, mentally smacking himself.

Kathy realized that Jun was trying to avoid telling his story. "Does he think that I will believe that lame excuse? Really?" Kathy said calmly, "Well, I have time. Why don’t you tell it to me?" Jun sat there for a minute. "Well, I have nothing to lose. Here goes." He thought. "Well, it all started at a concert." Jun began.

*Jun's story*
I was at a concert, when I met a girl. I asked her for her number, but she rejected me. Not only that, she gave me a rejection hotline number. It was a really embarrassing way to be rejected. At first I just wanted to forget about her, but then I wondered, why did she reject me? I quickly found out that she wasn't like any of the other girls that I had ever met. She was different. But she wanted nothing to do with me. I even transferred to her school. I also discovered that we live near each other. Every time she saw me, she would run away because she assumed that I was a stalker or a ert. She didn't even take the time to get to know me. I decided to confess to her, to see if she would understand that I like her, and that I wasn't stalking her. The only problem is, she has very protective best friends. They know about me, so they do everything possible to prevent me from getting near her. I was finally able to confess to her, when I got rejected.
*end of Jun’s story*

Kathy had been silent the whole time, listening intently to his story. At the end, Kathy thought that she could sympathize with him. "Awww! That’s so sad! But you know, when you transfer to her school and you find out where she lives, that kind of does indicate that you are a stalker." "Yeah, and it's a little scary," Kathy thought. Jun looked confused. "Really? I just wanted to go to her school, so I could see her every day. You think it was a little overboard?" Kathy nodded. "Actually, yeah. Just back off a bit. Have you ever talked to her?" Jun shook his head sadly. "Not any real conversations. She keeps running away from me."

"Maybe you should get to know her better, and let her understand you a little better, before trying again." Kathy suggested. Jun thought about it. "That's actually not a bad idea. But I don’t think I will do that anytime soon." Kathy asked, "Why not?" "She needs time to get over the shock of my confession. But I can’t wait too long. She has several other guys after her." Jun explained.

Kathy, intrigued, asked, "Who?" Jun answered bitterly, "Her best friend likes her, and her childhood friend likes her." Kathy immediately realized that Jun was the newcomer. "How could he compete with both of the two hardest rivals created? I mean, a best friend and a childhood friend. They both share memories with her that are important." Kathy decided to help him. "Wow. That’s some serious competition. I mean, one of them she trusts wholeheartedly. The other, she knew from her childhood. You are neither one of those, so you have to start from scratch. They both have pasts with her, but that just gives you an advantage. She might already think of them as friends, and she might not like them as a boyfriend." She suggested.

Jun brightens up. "That's true. Hey, I feel much better. Thanks!" Kathy was pleased. "Anytime. You want to meet here next week? We can talk about your love life and how its going and stuff. It'll be fun." Jun agreed. "Sure, why not?" Kathy got up. "Ok, bye!" She waved as she left. "Bye!" Jun called after her.

"After talking to Kathy, I feel so much better." Jun thought. Jun felt like he could face Gui Gui again. They both didn't know that they both knew the same people. How ironic.

~Gui Gui's activities~

Gui Gui was at home, resting. She was thinking about all of the events that had happened yesterday. Gui Gui was flabbergasted. "Wow. What an eventful day. My best friend slapped me and rendered me unconscious, Aaron and I were in the hospital, and Jun confessed to me. I wonder if I was too harsh on him. I could have just said that I didn’t like him. *sighs* I guess I will find him tomorrow and apologize to him. I didn’t think when I spoke. But really, why are people confessing to me all of a sudden? Wei Yi confessed to me, Jun confessed to me, what the heck? So many issues. *groans* Oh well. I’m going to go eat some fortune cookies. That’ll make me feel better!"

And with that, Gui Gui skipped off to her kitchen to find her fortune cookies.

~Aaron~

Aaron was at the park, playing his flute. He was downhearted, and whenever he felt sad or angry, he would go to the park and play all of his sadness or anger out. It helped him vent his feelings, and keep his composure.

"Does Gui Gui even know that I like her? I have been best friends with her for years. I don't even know what her feelings are towards me. And now, at the time when I least need rivals, two show up. And not just regular rivals. One is her childhood friend, and the other is a crazy stalker. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t like the stalker, but I'm less confident about the childhood friend. Gui Gui is just too well-liked." Aaron mused.

As he ended his song, he looked down. In his hat there was a HUGE pile of money! "Whoa. Did I really play that well?" Aaron thought, genuinely surprised. A girl came up to him, clapping. "Wow. You are amazing. You must have played all of your emotions into your music. It was truly magnificent." The girl complimented.

Aaron was flattered. "Thank you very much." He had never gotten such praise for his music before. "If you want, you could audition for my school. You would probably make it in." The girl continued. Interested, Aaron asked, "What school are you from?"

"I am an ambassador from Julliard. I am scouting for potential students, and I think you have the potential to make it in." The girl replied. Aaron was in a daze, but he still regained his control. "Umm, thank you. I'll think about it." "Here's the application and my card. You can call me to set up an appointment for your audition." The girl said. Aaron, still dazed, said, "Okay, thanks."

The girl walked away, leaving Aaron dumbfounded. Aaron's thoughts were all confused. "Did I just get discovered? And asked to audition for Juilliard? The Juilliard? Juilliard is one of the most prestigious music schools in the world. It is known all over the world for its amazing students that it produces. And this elite school wants me? Me?"
___________________________________________________________
Author's Note:
Ooohhh! I wonder what Aaron will do? Hey guys! It's me again. I hope you guys like this chapter. Comment please!