Chapter 14

Just Say It Already

 

Rescue

Gui Gui is in the room, thinking. She has been locked up for several hours, with no communication between herself and the kidnapper except for the earlier conversation. She had yelled earlier and asked him what was his problem, but she got no answer. "Where did he go? Why is he keeping me locked up in here? Wait, didn’t he say something about..." Gui Gui thought.

*Flashback*
The guy said coldly, "You spurned me, without regrets or thinking about my feelings. And now you will pay."
*End Flashback*

"Aww crap! Are you kidding me? Really?" Gui Gui thought. She was about to yell again, when the door opened. The kidnapper walked in. He was wearing a dark hood over his face to prevent his face from being seen. Gui Gui said impatiently, "Show your face. I already know who you are, so your disguise is no use." The guy slowly took off his hood. Gui Gui gasped. It was Jun! But, then again it wasn't. This Jun had a crazy look on his face that was reflected in his eyes. It was pretty scary. His eyes were sunken in, and his face was pale, and his hair was a mess. It looked as if he hadn’t seen the sun in a long time.

Gui Gui asked, still shocked, "Jun? What happened to you?"
Jun replied in a cold and flat voice, "You. You are the one who made me like this. You broke my heart and stepped on it, and you didn't even care. You are the one who destroyed my sanity, and in turn, you have destroyed yourself. Because I will destroy you, by killing you. If I can't have you, no one can!"

With that pronouncement, he turned around. He was about to leave, but he turned his head around to say something. His voice was so cold and dead, it made what he said even scarier than it was. "Even if Aaron or Xiao Gui try to rescue you, its no use. They’ll never find you. Gui Gui was shocked. "Am I destined to die here, at the mercy of this crazy Jun? No, I can't. I won't. But how am I supposed to get out of here? Oh, Aaron, Xiao Gui, where are you?" Gui thought desperately. Jun went outside, and made a phone call.

~At the same time~

Aaron and Xiao Gui were frantically searching for Ya Tou. They couldn’t let anything happen to her, or else Gui Gui would die. The problem is, Ya Tou had mysteriously disappeared. When they called her house, her mother said that Ya Tou had gone out in the morning, and hadn't returned. Aaron and Xiao Gui didn’t know what to do. They went to Gui Gui’s house to see if there were any clues in her house.

When they got there, they went into Gui’s room. It was kind of messy, but pretty organized. They saw a piece of paper on her desk. It was anonymous, and not in Gui’s handwriting. The note said:

She is in a basement. But which one would be the right one? There are many stores along the corner of this street.
Hurry, she will run out of air soon.

Aaron and Xiao Gui started thinking. Where would Ya Tou be held captive? Xiao Gui started looking around, and saw a bag almost underneath the bed that said “The Corner.” This reminded Xiao Gui of something. "Didn't Gui Gui accidentally meet that guy Jun at a corner? I haven’t seen him about for a while. I wonder…."

"Hey Aaron, do you remember that guy Jun?" Xiao Gui asked. Aaron said in a monotone, "Yeah." Xiao Gui continued, "Well, I think we should go check that corner where she first bumped into him." Aaron was curious. "Why?" Xiao Gui explained. "Okay, well, do you see that bag right therer? It says “The Corner.” Isn't it odd that both of them say the corner?" Aaron decided, "Well, I don't think it would hurt to check.

They left Gui Gui’s house and went immediately to the corner. But, they didn’t see Ya Tou anywhere. Discouraged, they sat down on a fountain. Aaron looked down at his feet.
"Where is Ya Tou? Why is she integral to our finding Gui Gui? What does she have to do with this?" Aaron thought.
As he stared at the ground, he noticed that there were small rolled up pieces of paper on the ground. He picked one up and unrolled it.

Help me!
L-Ya Tou 

Aaron looked around. Where was Ya Tou? Aaron hurriedly said, "Xiao Gui, this is Ya Tou's." He showed it to Xiao Gui, who looked at it, then started darting around. Xiao Gui questioned, "Where is she? How did her notes end up here?" "She must be around here somewhere. They can't have come out of nowhere." Aaron said. They looked around. Xiao Gui looked on the ground, and then started circling the fountain. Just then, he noticed a hole in the side of the fountain. It was round, and looked as if a piece of paper could fit through there. He got down on his hands and knees, and peered inside.

"Xiao Gui, what are you doing? Get up." Aaron said. Xiao Gui answered, "I found Ya Tou." Aaron was momentarily startled. "What?" Xiao Gui repeated, "I found Ya Tou." Xiao Gui got up and started trying to lift up a section of the fountain seat. Aaron was confused. Xiao Gui demanded, "Stop standing there and come help me!"

Together, they struggled with the cement, and finally got it off. To their surprise, they found Ya Tou! She was in a squatting position,. With her head on her knees and her arms wrapped around her legs. She was unconscious from the lack of air. Xiao Gui lifted her out and held her bridal style. Xiao Gui took her to the hospital while Aaron looked for the clue that Ya Tou was supposed to have. And he was not disappointed. He found a note in the container. It said:

Look to her wish to find what you seek. But beware, for others may seek to hinder her desire.

Aaron was puzzled. Does this have anything to do with Gui Gui's wishing necklace? "I remember asking Gui about her necklace. She said it was a wishing necklace. And when I asked her what she wished for, she wouldn't tell me. I don't know what to do. What does this note mean?" Aaron thought.
___________________________________________________________
Author's Note:
I was so happy to finish this chapter. I can't wait to type the next one. I hope you guys liked it! I will update soon! Comment please!