Chapter 27

Just Say It Already

 

The End

The lady looked at all of them in turn. "Are you certain?” she asked Gui Gui. Gui nodded determinedly, and walked to stand in between Aaron and Xiao Gui. She held out her hands to both of them, and they took her hand. Gui Gui looked straight at the lady unblinkingly. The fairy said, “Gui Gui, no!” Gui Gui smiled at the fairy. “Fairy, thank you for helping me through all of the tests. Without you, I would never have made it this far. Thank you.” She said sincerely. The fairy looked at her and floated across to her. “But I couldn't help you save Aaron, and you ended up having to give up your life. That's not helping you.” She protested. “It's okay. If I have to die, I'm glad I get to die with my friends.” Gui Gui said. The lady walked forward. “Are you all ready?” she asked. They all nodded. The lady walked to Gui Gui. “You would really give your life just to die with your friends and your love?” Gui Gui nodded. The lady turned around and returned to her original place. “Get ready,” she ordered the people in black.

Gui Gui thought, "Well, I guess I am going to die here. But I don't regret it at all." She looked at Aaron, and he turned to look at her. She smiled. "Love you," she whispered, bringing up their old joke. "Love you," he answered. She squeezed his hand, and then turned her head back to look at the lady.

Just as she was about to execute them all, a bright light appeared. Out of the light came an ethereal being. The lady curtsied and all of her followers followed. It was a girl, dressed in flowing white with long black hair and a small circlet in her hair. “Princess, what are you doing here?” asked the lady. “Princess?” said Gui Gui. “Can I not? After all, I did create this.” Replied the princess. “Sister, I thought you couldn't come inside the necklace. It repelled you. How...?” asked the fairy. The princess replied, “Before, it did repel me. But after all of the tests were passed, the curse was broken and it did not repel me anymore. That is how I got in here.”“The curse is broken?” asked Gui Gui excitedly. The princess walked over to her. “So you are the girl who broke my curse. Who is your boyfriend?” she asked. Gui Gui looked at Aaron, and then looked away. The princess caught the movement, and smiled. “It seems that your love is true. Then I bless you. I give you a blessing: that your love will last forever and ever.” As she said this, a blinding light filled the room, obscuring everybody’s vision. When the light cleared, they all found themselves in the park where Aaron and Gui Gui had been before.

Gui Gui was laying across Aaron's body, and everybody else was on the floor. The princess, the fairy, and the lady were all standing. Gui Gui stirred. “Huh? What happened?” she asked, rubbing her eyes and looking around. She noticed who was under her. “Aaron!” she said worriedly, shaking him. He stirred, slowly opening his eyes and smiled upon seeing Gui Gui. “Gui.” He said weakly, and tried to get up. Gui Gui helped him sit up, and then was going to get up. Aaron pulled on her hand and pulled her back toward him and kissed her. Gui Gui was a little surprised, but kissed him back. Finally, Xiao Gui cleared his throat. Gui Gui and Aaron slowly broke apart, but then they hugged. Wei Yu and Xiao Hao slowly got up, a little disoriented. Gui Gui broke away from Aaron to pick up her necklace, which had fallen onto the ground. “The necklace is cursed no longer. You can wear it as a normal necklace, or throw it away, whichever you prefer.” Said the princess. Gui Gui looked at her, and then smiled. “I think I'll keep it.” She put it back on her neck, and smiled. She walked over to the table and picked up the Stitch doll and the flowers. She took Aaron’s hand, and walked with him away into the sunrise.

~3 years later~
“Gui Gui? Aaron? Do you still remember me?” asked a voice. Gui Gui and Aaron turned around, and saw the fairy princess. “Princess, how are you?” Gui Gui asked. “What are you doing here?” asked Aaron. “I came to give my blessings to your child,” replied the princess. She walked over to the cradle where the baby was. It was an adorable baby girl. The baby looked straight at the princess. The princess smiled. The princess said, “I bless this baby with beauty, health, and prosperity. She will be happy and cherished by her parents, and loved by all.” She took her hands away. She turned to Gui Gui and Aaron. “Princess, would you be her godmother?” asked Gui Gui. “She doesn't have one yet, but I think you would make a wonderful choice.” The princess smiled. “Of course. What is her name?” “Her name is Mingmei,” replied Aaron. “Smart and beautiful. That suits her well.” The princess said. “You two take care of yourself. This child will see plenty of her godmother in the years to come.” And with that, the princess left in a swirl of light. Gui and Aaron looked at each other, and hugged. They looked down at their beautiful baby, and smiled.
___________________________________________________________
****Hey, guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and this fanfic. It was fun to make, and your comments just made it even better. I got my inspiration mostly from my actual life, so some of these events actually happened to me. The magic stuff, of course, is completely fiction. But some of the things that happened between Gui Gui and her friends actually happened to me. I hope you guys liked it, and comment plenty since this is the last chapter. Thank you. I enjoyed writing this story, and I will be writing more in the future. Watch out for me!
~Juliada3
June 22, 2009