Chapter 11

Just Say It Already

 

Wish

Aaron is at his house, thinking about his life. He had just gotten over the shock of being invited to audition for Juilliard. He still couldn’t fathom what was going on. All he knew was that if he followed his dream, he would lose the one girl he ever truly loved. So what to choose: His true love or his dream?

Gui Gui was at her house, unaware of the dilemma her best friend was facing. She was having a sleepover with Ya Tou. They were having so much fun, doing each other’s hair, doing their nails, and just having a girl talk. Ya Tou asked, "So Gui, do you like anyone?" "Gui Gui scoffed, "Of course not." Ya Tou asked, "Why not? So many guys like you, you are bound to like someone." Gui Gui explained, "I really don't like anyone of them. I don’t know them well enough to like them. If they were my friend, then I guess that would work." Ya Tou nodded in understanding. "Oh, so they have to be friends with you first?"

Gui Gui added, "Well yeah, I wouldn’t go on a date with a stranger, would I?" Ya Tou agreed. "I guess not." Gui Gui changed the subject. "Anyways, let's not talk about me, what about you? How are you and Ah Wei?" Ya Tou hesitated, then said, "Well, he seems to be acting weird." Gui Gui asked curiously, "Why?" Ya Tou said, "I think that he's being doing something behind my back." Gui Gui asked, "How is he weird?" Ya Tou explained, "He hasn't been paying much attention to me, like we haven't had many dates lately. And he doesn't hang out with me after school anymore. I don't know why."

Gui Gui is feeling worried for her friend. "Okay, okay, let's not talk about that. Ya Tou said glumly, "Okay, what about Wang Zi?" As she asked the question, her expression turned from upset to happy. Gui Gui asked crossly, "What about him?" Ya Tou said, "Well, he has liked you for a long time. Don’t you know that?" Gui Gui said, "Well, I knew that he liked me, but Aaron and Xiao Gui don’t like him, so he isn’t even able to get close to me enough for me to know him."

"Well, why don’t you ask Aaron and Xiao Gui to let Wang Zi talk to you?" asked Ya Tou. "Why?" Gui Gui wondered. Ya Tou said directly, "So you can get to know him. You never know, he might be your true love that you wished for." Gui Gui looked down at her necklace. It was a different necklace from the one that Xiao Hao gave her. This one was silver, was a heart shape, and was a wishing box. She had gotten it from an old lady with a stall.

*Flashback*
Gui Gui had been walking along the street, singing to herself, when she saw an old lady at a vendor stall. Her sign read, “Wishing necklaces”. Intrigued, Gui Gui went over and looked at her wares. There were many necklaces that were boxes that could hold things. "Lady Owner, are these really wishing necklaces? How do they work?" Gui Gui asked, intrigued. The lady owner replied, "You know, you are the first person to ask if these are real or not. Everyone else just buys it, no questions asked. Since you are the first one, why don’t I show you the real one."

The owner withdrew a small box from somewhere, and presents it to Gui Gui. Gui Gui opens the box, and finds a silver heart-shaped necklace, with intricate designs all over the box. "You put your wish inside the box, and when your wish is about to come true, then the box will glow. You must keep it on always, so that you never miss it. If you miss your chance, there will only be one other, but you must go through heaven and hell to attain that chance. If not, then your wish will never come true." The lady owner explained. Gui Gui nodded her head. "I understand. How much is the necklace?" The lady owner smiled. "I will give it to you, as a gift. I wish you luck in your wish."
Gui Gui smiled. "Thank you so much!"
*End of Flashback*

Gui Gui took the lady owner’s words to heart. She immediately put the necklace on, and never took it off. Her wish that she had put in was, “ I wish that I will find my true love and we will love each other and be together forever.”
Gui Gui said firmly, "Ya Tou, I will find him. Don’t worry."
___________________________________________________________
Author's Note:
Sorry for the short update! I promise that next time will be longer! I hope you guys like this chapter! Comment lots!