Chapter 7

Just Say It Already

 

The Amusement Park

Gui Gui and Aaron had decided to go visit Xiao Gui, since he was in the hospital. So they were at his house. "Xiao Gui, how are you feeling?" Gui Gui asked. "Much better, thanks Gui." Xiao Gui smiled. Aaron looked at his friend. He tilted his head as he thought about something. "Are you sure you are okay?" he asked.

Xiao Gui looked nervous. "Well, I have something I wanted to talk to you guys about. But you can't tell anybody else, because it is a secret. You have to pinky swear." He warned. Gui smiled eagerly. "Okay, pinky swear!" Aaron's response was slower and he seemed a little curious. "Ok." Gui Gui grabs both of their hands and pinky swears so that they are all linked together.

Gui Gui was impatient. "Ok, we've pinky sworn. Now tell. What's up? She asked curiously. Xiao Gui stared down for a moment, then looked up. "Ok. So I have a crush on someone." Gui Gui was excited. "Ooohhhhh...Who is it, who is it?!" She was practically jumping up and down. "It's your cousin, Kathy." Xiao Gui confessed.

Gui Gui's smile was so wide that it couldn't possibly get any wider. "Xiao Gui, you like Kathy?!!" She was so happy at the idea of her best friend and her cousin together.

Gui Gui thought about it. "Kathy, my cousin, is really beautiful. She is also smart, nice, and a great friend. She has a lot of guys after her, so she messes with them to see if they really like her. In the end, they leave if they don't love her enough. I wonder if Xiao Gui will pass her tests.

"Gui? Gui?" She was knocked out of her reverie. She saw that Xiao Gui had been staring at her, trying to get her attention. "Oh, sorry. I was just thinking." Xiao Gui asked, "Gui, I know Kathy's one of your best friends, right? Can you help me win her heart?"

Gui Gui hesitated. "I feel I should warn you, Kathy likes to play games with the guys who like her. She tests them, to see how much they love her. Are you sure you want to do it?"

Xiao Gui nodded, determined. "Yes. I really like her." Gui Gui smiled. "Ok. I'll set up a group outing. We'll see what happens." Xiao Gui lit up. "Ok, thanks Gui Gui. You're the best!" She gave him a hug, and then left with Aaron. Aaron was walking Gui Gui back to her house.

"Gui Gui? Who's going on the group outing tomorrow?" Aaron asked. Gui Gui thought for a moment, and counted them off on her fingers. "Umm, me, you, Xiao Gui, Kathy, Wei Yi, Ya Tou, Ah Kai, and Wang Zi." Aaron was confused. "What? Why are Ah Kai, Wei Yi, and Wang Zi coming?"

Gui Gui said happily, "Oh, Ya Tou invited them. See, Ya Tou’s going out with Wang Zi’s brother, Ah Wei, who is really good friends with Ah Kai, so she knows them really well. And Wei Yi became friends with Ya Tou, so she wanted him to come too." Aaron had an emotionless face again. "Well I just don’t see why they have to come. Where are we going anyway?"

Gui Gui jumped up and down. "We're going to the amusement park. It'll be so much fun! Oh, I almost forgot. I need to go on a shopping trip. Aaron, will you go with me?" Aaron looked at her. "Why do you need me to come with you on a shopping trip?" Gui Gui smiled. "You can help carry my bags!"

~A couple hours later~

Aaron was panting. He had three heavy bags in both hands. "Gui! Did you really need all of this stuff? What's so heavy?" He swung them around, and put them down on a bench. He sat down, out of breath.

Gui Gui sorted through the pile and examined her purchases. "Ok, I only got two pairs of shoes, three shirts, four skirts, and two jackets, and one dress. That's not bad. But I just need one more thing: a purse." She announced. Aaron looked exasperated. "Don't you already have like a million purses?" Aaron was so tired. Yet Gui Gui was still full of energy. She tried on so many clothes, yet here she was, bouncing up and down. "Where did she get all this energy?" Aaron wondered.

"No arguing! To the purse store!" Gui Gui commanded. Aaron wearily got up, picked up her bags, and went after her. They walked around, looking for a purse for Gui. Aaron was getting more and more tired by the minute. "Why does she keep buying so much stuff? It’s actually starting to get heavy. Now I understand how girls get strong. They shop all the time, and buy so much that they get muscles." Aaron thought.

Gui Gui came out of a store with a cute silver bag with blue and purple plaid. Gui Gui was gushing about the purse. "It was so cute! I just had to get it! Ok, I’m done! We can put all this in the car, and go eat! I’ll treat you, since I made you carry my stuff today." "Yes! Thank you!" Aaron practically jumped for joy at the prospect of getting rid of the bags.

They went to her car and put all of her bags away. Then they walked to a restaurant that sells fried rice. They ate, and then Aaron took her home. Gui Gui smiled. "Thanks Aaron!" Gui Gui hugs Aaron. Aaron grinned. "No problem, Gui." "See you tomorrow! Can you pick me up?" Gui asked. "Yeah. I'll come by around 1:00 pm." Aaron answered. "Ok. Bye!" Gui waved at him as he left.

*The next day*

Gui Gui got up and got dressed in the purple dress that she bought yesterday. It was a scoop neck shirtdress and perfect for the group outing. She tied her hair up in a ponytail, and applied some makeup. She grabbed her big silver tote, and went outside to meet Aaron. They drove to the amusement park, and saw Xiao Gui and the rest of the people waiting for them.

"Hey guys, sorry for keeping you guys waiting." Gui Gui apologized. Xiao Gui reassured her. "It's ok Gui, we all just got here a few minutes ago." "Ok, lets get going!" Kathy suggested. They split up into two groups: Gui Gui, Aaron, Xiao Gui, and Kathy in one group, and Wei Yi, Ya Tou, Ah Kai, and Wang Zi were in another group. They agreed to meet at the ice cream parlor at 5:00 later that day.

Gui Gui, Aaron, Xiao Gui, and Kathy were having so much fun. And then they stopped to eat something. Xiao Gui saw that Kathy kept sitting next to Aaron instead of him, and he was getting jealous. Xiao Gui sat in a corner by himself, and wouldn't respond when Gui Gui called him. Aaron went over to ask him what was wrong.

"What's up with you, man? For the last couple of hours, you've been acting like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum." Aaron said. Xiao Gui retorted, "Well, of course you would say that. You, Mr. Handsome, Mr. Popular, who always gets the girl he wants." Aaron looked at him, askance. "What are you talking about?" Xiao Gui looked away. "Nothing. Just go away."

Xiao Gui gets up to walk away, but Aaron grabs his arm. Xiao Gui suddenly turns around and punches Aaron. Aaron, not expecting it, is thrown back and hits his head on a wall. He is immediately unconscious. Gui Gui, who was walking, ran over. Gui Gui glared at Xiao Gui. "Xiao Gui! What are you doing? You hit Aaron! What’s wrong with you?"

Xiao Gui turns to look at her, and his eyes are murderous. They have an evil glint that Gui Gui has never seen before, and she is very scared. Xiao Gui slaps Gui Gui so hard that she falls and hits her head on a metal pole, causing her to fall to the ground. Kathy, who heard Gui Gui's yells, runs over, and screams when she sees Gui Gui. Gui Gui's head is bleeding.

Kathy started screaming. "Xiao Gui? What have you done?!! Somebody call 911!! Help!" Xiao Gui shakes his head and realizes what he is seeing. Aaron on the ground, unconscious, Gui Gui on the ground, bleeding and unconscious. Xiao Gui is confused. "I did this? But how? What? I don't understand."

Aaron and Gui Gui are taken to the hospital. When Wei Yi, Ya Tou, Ah Kai, and Wang Zi hear what happened, they completely ignore Xiao Gui and rush to the hospital.

~At the hospital~

Gui Gui and Aaron are in the same room, and are both asleep. Gui Gui is the first to wake up. She opened her eyes, and saw bright lights. "Hmm? What am I doing here? Why am I in a room full of white stuff? It all feels so…sterile. Uhhh." She gets up and looks around. She spots the person on the bed next to her.

"Aaron! Oh my god!" Gui Gui screamed. Without a thought for her safety or her wounds, she gets out of her hospital bed and runs over to Aaron. Gui Gui ran over to him and knelt down beside him. "Aaron, are you okay? Aaron, wake up!"

Aaron's eyes fluttered, and opened. He saw Gui Gui kneeling next to him. "Huh, Gui, what’s going on?" Gui Gui pulled Aaron into a hug. "You scared me! When I saw you on that hospital bed, it scared me so much. My heart almost stopped. Don’t ever do that to me again." Gui Gui said, her voice almost breaking, as if she was crying.

Aaron didn’t say anything. He was too shocked. So he just kept holding Gui Gui tightly, as if he were afraid of losing her.
___________________________________________________________
Author's Note:
Hey, guys. I kind of feel like I only have a few readers. If there are any silent readers, please leave a comment. Thanks! Oh, and I am waiting for the poster that I have requested to be finished, so pretty soon I will have a new poster! Yay! Did you guys like this chapter? I hope so. Leave a comment! I love everybody! :)