Chapter 25

Just Say It Already

 

The Tests

~In the necklace~
Gui Gui looked around her. She was in a place full of mirrors. There were multiple Gui Guis all around her. There was also multiple fairies around her. Then the real fairy tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey, Gui Gui, let's go. We shouldn't be confused by the mirrors."

She looked around and saw there was a pathway. She pointed it out to the fairy, who nodded and floated beside her along the pathway. They walked for a while, and all they saw was mirrors. There seemed to be no end to the mirrors. "Fairy, how come there are so many mirrors around. What is this place?" asked Gui.

"I'm not sure, but it seems like the mirrors go on forever." answered the fairy. Gui Gui looked around, and said, "I don't see anything." The fairy flew higher, and said frustratedly, "I don't see anything but roads and mirrors. I'm so confused." Just then, something flashed. Gui Gui and the fairy turned around, and saw Aaron!

"Aaron!" both Gui Gui and the fairy exclaimed. But then, they looked again, and saw about ten different Aarons. "Wait, which one is the right one?" Gui Gui asked. "I don't know!" said the fairy. "You'll have to pick. I think this is one of the tests that you have to pass to prove your love." Gui Gui looked at the fairy. "What if I am wrong?" she asked. "Then your friend will be in trouble. It's possible he will die." Gui Gui gulped. "Oh my gosh, what should I do? If I don't pick, then he will die, and if I pick wrong, then he will die. Oh, what do I do?" thought Gui Gui.

Gui Gui closed her eyes. She breathed deeply, and then opened them. She walked toward one of the Aarons. She stopped in front of him. She stared at him intently, and then walked to the next one. She repeated her routine, until she finished with all of the Aarons. Then she walked back to where the fairy was floating. "Have you figured out which Aaron it is?" asked the fairy. Gui Gui nodded. "Are you positive?" asked the fairy. Gui Gui nodded. "If it's not him, then I don't know anymore."

"Ok, Gui Gui. Make your decision." The fairy said. Gui Gui pointed at the one two from the right. "Are you sure?" asked the fairy. "If you're wrong..." Gui Gui shook her head. "I'm sure." Just then, bright lights flashed. When the lights disappeared, Gui Gui looked around her and saw that all of the Aarons had disappeared too. "Hey, what happened? Did I pass?" she asked. Then, they saw a door a little ways off. Gui Gui and the fairy looked at each other, and walked toward the door.

~through the door~
Gui Gui and the fairy were in a different place again, but this time they were in a forest. "Okay, so I guess we passed. What next?" asked Gui Gui. The fairy shrugged. "I've never been present at one of these before, so I wouldn't know." Gui Gui looked around, and saw a narrow pathway. "I guess we take this path?" asked Gui. The fairy said only, "It's as good a plan as any." And they started down the path.

Gui Gui grew thirsty, so she decided to look for water. She found a lake, and was dipping her hands in to scoop up some water when she was pushed from behind into the lake. "Ahhhh!" Gui Gui screamed. "I can't swim! What am I going to do?" thought Gui Gui. She tried to keep afloat, but she couldn't. She yelled, "Help!" but nobody came. "I guess this is how I'm going to die, in a lake in a tiny wishing necklace. Wonderful." She thought. Soon, she could barely think anymore, and was close to losing air. Then, suddenly, she started to think of all of her friends and family that would miss her, but most of all of Aaron. "I'm sorry Aaron. I caused you to die, and in trying to save you I died too. I know you probably wouldn't have wanted it to happen this way, and you probably would scold me if you were here. But I couldn't let you die without trying to help you. I'm sorry." She thought. As she thought of Aaron, and never seeing him again, she felt unbearable sadness and grief. "Wait. That doesn't make sense. I'm sad that I'll never see any of my friends or family again, but how come when I think of never seeing Aaron again, I get this pain in my heart? I feel this pain inside of me that feels worse than anything I've ever felt before." Gui Gui thought confusedly. "Does that mean...I love him?" she thought, with the last strength that she possessed. Then she lost consciousness.

~Fairy~
The fairy was waiting for Gui Gui to get back from the lake, but she still didn't come back. "Where did she go?" the fairy wondered. "Ahhhh!" the fairy heard the scream. "That sounded like Gui Gui. Oh no!" she flew as fast as she could, but all she could see was the ripples in the water. "Gui Gui must have fallen in. Can she not swim?" thought the fairy. "Oh, what am I going to do?" moaned the fairy. Just then, Gui Gui's head came up. "Help!" she screamed, before disappearing into the water. "What do I do? If this is part of the test, then I can't help her. But what if this isn't part of the test, and she dies and never makes it to the test? Oh, I don't know what to do!" panicked the fairy.

~Gui Gui~
Gui Gui stirred. She opened her eyes, and found herself staring at the inside of a house. She sat up and looked around. She was in someone's house. "Where am I?" she mumbled sleepily, yawning. She got out of bed, and walked around the house. She went into the kitchen, and saw a lady. "Who are you?" Gui Gui asked. "I am the person that saved you. You need to stay alive for the next test, don't you?" asked the lady, smiling. "Wait. You know about the tests? Does that mean that you are a part of it?" The lady nodded. "Don't worry. You only have one more test left." Before Gui Gui could say anything, the lady disappeared in a flash of blue light. "Wait, that's not right. I smell something really fragrant. Where is it coming from?" Gui Gui looked around for the source, and discovered that the lady had made her breakfast. Gui Gui was touched. "I should thank her. Oh no. Where is the fairy? How can I find her?" Gui Gui started panicking.

Gui Gui ran out of the house and looked around. All she could see was trees and flowers. "Fairy, where are you?" she yelled. "Fairy! Fairy! Where are you?" Gui Gui called. She looked around her, but no fairy appeared. "Well, how am I supposed to do the test if the fairy isn't helping me?" she said desperately. "Fairy!" she called again. Gui Gui sighed in resignation.

She started walking along the path, not really going anywhere. "Hey!" she heard next to her ear. "Ahhh! You scared me!" said Gui Gui. "Fairy, where did you go?" "I didn't go anywhere. You scared me when I heard your screams when you fell into the lake. I didn't go anywhere." "Oh, ok then." said Gui Gui, nodding. "Let's keep walking." She suggested. They continued walking.

Just then, Wei Yi appeared. Gui Gui screamed in surprise before realizing that it was Wei Yi. "Wei Yi, what are you doing here?" Wei Yi looked confused. "I don't know either." And then, Xiao Hao appeared. "Ahh! Xiao Hao?" asked Gui Gui. "Hey, Gui." Xiao Hao said. "What are you doing here?" Gui Gui stammered, "Uhhh, I thought that...umm...that is..." She was saved from having to explain when Xiao Gui appeared. "Xiao Gui? What is everyone doing here?" asked Gui Gui. Then, another person appeared. "Aaron? Ok, what is going on here?" asked Gui Gui in exasperation. The lady appeared. "They are here for the final test." "Hey, you're the lady that rescued me. What's going on here? What test?" asked Gui Gui.

The lady waved her hand, and all four of the guys suddenly had knives drawn on them by four people, all wearing black. "Hey, what are you doing? Let them go!" protested Gui Gui. The lady smiled. "This is the final test. Who do you want to save? You may save one person only. But, you must take their place. Only one person will walk out of here alive." Gui Gui gasped. "I can’t do that! They are all my friends! Wei Yi is my childhood friend! Xiao Hao is my godmother’s son. Aaron and Xiao Gui are my bestest friends! How do you want me to choose?" asked Gui Gui in despair. The lady only said, "That is the rule of the test. You must choose." Gui Gui looked at her friends in panic. All of them only stared at her in desperation. "Fairy, I can't let them die! They are all important to me." "Gui Gui, you must! If you do not, then they will all die! You wouldn't want that to happen!" Gui Gui shook her head. "I can't let them die. But I am only allowed to save one. How am I to choose?"

"Gui Gui, you must, or else they will all die!" insisted the fairy. "Pick the one you would most hate to see die. You can save him, but you will die with everyone else while he goes free." explained the fairy. "Please, hurry." "No need to rush." the lady said, smiling. Gui Gui looked around, scared. "I don’t know. I don't want anybody to die!" "I have to pick. But who? I would be very sad if any of them died. But who would cause me the most grief?" thought Gui Gui. She decided to think through each scenario and see her own reaction. So she sat down and thought.

~Scenario One: If she took Wei Yi's place~
"I pick Wei Yi," declared Gui Gui. Everyone was stunned. Wei Yi replied, "No. I’m not going to watch you die." "Wei Yi, I won't watch you die either," said Gui Gui. "And so you would rather die with them and let me live, than live and let me die?" asked Wei Yi. "Yes," replied Gui Gui. “No, I won't allow it. If you want to die, let's die together. Otherwise, don't die.” Wei Yi said.
~End of Scenario~
"No, that's not right." thought Gui Gui. "Let's try another."

~Scenario Two: If she took Xiao Gui's place~
"I pick Xiao Gui," said Gui Gui. “"Why?" asked Xiao Gui. "You are my best friend," she said simply. "It's precisely because I am your best friend so I can't let you die." said Xiao Gui. "I..."
~End of Scenario~
"No, that's not right either. I can't win the argument." thought Gui Gui again.

~Scenario Three: If she took Xiao Hao's place~
"I pick Xiao Hao," said Gui Gui. Xiao Hao shook his head. "No Gui, I won't let you." "Godmother will kill me if I let you die," argued Gui Gui. "And mother will kill me if I let YOU die," retorted Xiao Hao.
~End of Scenario~
"I lose there too. None of these seem to work." thought Gui.

~Scenario Four: If she took Aaron's place~
"I pick Aaron," she said. "No, Gui." Aaron said quietly. "Why not?" asked Gui Gui. "I would rather die with you than see you die in front of me." he answered. "I would never forgive myself for picking my life over yours." "I don't want to watch you die," she said. "I wouldn't either, so don't make me do something you wouldn't do." She nodded, her eyes full of tears.
~End of Scenario~
"I can never win! Why?" thought Gui Gui frustratedly. And then, she understood.

"Lady, I've decided." Gui Gui announced. Everyone turned to look at her. She walked over to Aaron and said, "Aaron, before you were taken by the curse, you confessed to me. But you fell unconscious before you heard my answer. I didn't know my answer either, but now I know. I know that to make this decision concerning our lives is unfair, so I wanted to ask your opinion. If I could pick, I would pick for me to take your place." Aaron took her hand. "I wouldn't allow you to. I would rather die with you than to watch you die for me." Gui Gui nodded. "Me too, but I already knew that. I was just saying that if I could be selfish, I would switch my life for yours." "But then I would just suicide and come right after you." replied Aaron. "So it would have been no use." Gui Gui stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek. She held his hand for a moment, and then let go and turned around.

"Lady, is it possible for me to trade my life for all of theirs?" asked Gui. The lady shook her head. "Only one life can be traded for another life." "Then I won't choose. I will die with all of them." Gui Gui said determinedly. "You would die rather than try to save the one you love?" asked the lady incredulously. "The one I love wouldn't want me to trade my life for theirs. I wouldn't be able to stand living without them, and they are the same. And the others are all my friends too, and they also wouldn't be able to watch me die for them. So the only solution is for us all to die together, since you are unwilling to let us all go." Gui Gui answered. She was ready to face whatever the future held, even if she only had a few more moments to live. Everyone was staring at the lady, wondering what she would do next.

___________________________________________________________
Author's note: Hey guys, I think that I have maybe 1-2 chapters left. So its almost over! I hope you guys like this chapter! Comment plenty!