Joint Party II

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

"Friends... When you feel like the world has turned its back on you, they're always their to prove you wrong."

 

 

Everyone turned to the kitchen door opening revealing a half awake girl walking towards Byul with her arms wide open. 

"Unnie~." Wheein whined pressing her face on her chest.

Byul turned her head for a minute and told them to stay quiet. 

"Eoh! Is Wheeinnie still sleepy?" She cooed and the girl nodded already dozing off on her. "Arasso. Why don't we go back and lay down so you can sleep better, then?"

She turned again and told everyone to wait for her as she practically dragged the sleeping girl back to the couch and laid her down covering her with the poncho. She patted her gently like a child and when she was sure enough she was back to sleep, she slowly got up and went back to the kitchen.

"Oh my god! That was so cute!" Ailee gushed squealing her lungs off.

"Shh. Please. She's really tired if she's like that." Byul pleaded for her to keep it down. "Anyway, Hyejin and oppa should've been back by now and I don't know what's taking them so long."

"I tried his phone earlier. I think they might've gotten stuck or something." Kyujong said.

"Me too."

"Yeah, me too." James and Eddie said.

"Anyway, since we were supposed to prepare lunch, we brought the ingredients so how about we start making these ones and whatever they buy we can keep it in the fridge for supplies?" Ailee suggested and everyone started bringing out the said ingredients.

 

"Let's go in through the back." Eric said grabbing three bags while she took care of the two light ones.

"Eoh, oppa."

"Mwoyah. Even from here I can hear their voices." He whispered as they got in the back door.

"Yow! Look who finally showed up!" Eddie yelled earning him a stalk of leak on the head. "Ow!"

"Shut it! People are still asleep!" Ailee hissed warning him.

"Hey guys. Sorry, Byul. We lost track off time." Eric apologized.

"Tch! You could've at least called! If the oppas and unnie didn't bring some stuff we'd all be throwing you out right now." She said glaring at the man.

"It's my fault, unnie. Forget about it for now." Hyejin said holding out the bag of bingsoos in front of her.

Byul gave Eric one last sour look before taking the bingsoo. 

"Okay. So anyway, we're about done with all the food. Why don't you two go wake up the girls?" Ailee said taking the bag from Hyejin and ushering her and Eric out of the kitchen. "And oh, Eric, nice to see you."

"What just happened?" Hyejin asked raising her eyebrow.

"Hell. Hell just happened. God! What did I do!" Eric grabbed his hair like a crazy person. "Argh! Forget it. Come on. You go wake Wheein. I'll wake Yongsun."

Doing their respective task, Hyejin simply had to poke the girl sleeping on the sofa, right on her cheek to wake up. And for Eric, thinking that Yongsun would still be fast asleep, he slowly opened the door to find the room empty and the balcony open.

"Yongsun?" he called out quietly.

When the curtains opened and the breezed blew in, he swore his heart stopped beating. There she was, standing by the frame with her hair and dress dancing with the wind and her eyes shining brightly like the sun itself.

"Hi oppa." Yongsun signed appearing from the balcony. "Was I asleep for too long?"

Eric didn't say a word and just shook his head with his mouth still gaping. I'm losing it. He thought to himself still not taking his eyes off her.

"A-are you okay?" Yongsun took a step towards him.

He snapped out of it thinking how embarassing he must look at the moment.

"E-eoh. I just came to wake you up for lunch." He said then held out his hand. "Do want to go down together?"

Yongsun nodded then shyly took his hand.

 

Heading downstairs, Yongsun met the scent of food drifting throught her sinuses. And at that moment did she only realize she was hungry. 

I wonder how long I've been asleep for. She asked herself remembering how she woke up in an unfamiliar room almost freaking out until she saw the pictures of Eric and his friends.

"Jeez! Can't you wait even for a minute?!"

That woke her from her reverie and made her tense. 

"Uh... Yeah. Just for the sake of your and my sanity," Eric said stopping in the middle of the stairway after sensing her apprehension. "Remember, just say the word and we can bail this joint party."

"W-wae?" She hesitated but asked anyway.

"Some of them, one in particular, is quiet the rowdy one. He can't be like a hyped up kid except with the body of an adult. But the rest of my friends are considerably normal." Eric told her before leaning in to whisper, "Do you want to bail?"

She thought about it. With how he's acting it's making me more curious. "A-aniyo. Let's go. I think we made them wait long enough?"

That made him chuckle. "Arasso. I'm guessing you're as hungry as I am. Let's go."

Before they even got in the living room, Yongsun heard the loud voices except, it wasn't the ones she expected. Did the girls go out or something? She asked herself as her ears were met with unfamiliar voices and none of her dongsaengs. Only when they got a view of the dining room did she see the youngsters on one corner talking to themselves with another girl.

Then before they could step out in the open, she pulled him close.

"Eoh? What's wrongs? Do you want to bail?" Eric asked in a whisper.

She shook her head no then signed. "D-do they know?"

"Know what?" He asked then it hit him. She was asking about her 'mutism'. "Oh. Uhm, yeah. I kind of told them before hand and they're okay with it. I hope that's okay?"

She smiled. 

"So... We're not bailing?" He asked trying to be funny.

His face just made her giggle.

"Hey! They you are. Come on. Everyone's waiting!" The girl, who was in the corner talking to her dongsaengs took her hand and pulled them in the dining room. "Okay! Everyone! Our gent and lady of the hour is here."

Yongsun felt the nerves kicking in but when Eric slipped his hand off hers and wrapped them around her waist pulling her closer. His gentleness and warmth emitted and she felt herself leaning towards him as well feeling comfortable.

"Hi guys! So first of before we dig in, I'd like it if you could introduce yourselves first to my bride and my new dongsaengs." Eric said and she felt all eyes on her. "Don't be afraid. They're nice people." He whispered to her.

The guy who seemed to be the only one dressed in a suit stepped forward. "Since I'm the oldest, I'll start. Hi, I'm Kim Kyujong, I'm a year older than Eric." He approached Yongsun holding out his hand and shook hers. He was followed by the flippant red head namely Henry, then by James, Ailee and then finally his real younger brother, Eddie.

"I didn't know you had a brother." Yongsun signed discreetly to Eric.

"Two, actually. Brian, our maknae, is in the states and is in the middle of his major exams so he had to stay behind even though he wanted to come." Eric whispered.

Then when it was the girl's turn to introduce themselves, Byul stood next to Yongsun as her voice.

"Neh. This is our unnie, Kim Yongsun and she's 25. She can be very shy when meeting new people but you'll really get to love her once you get to know her better." The blonde said then motioned the maknae's to introduce themselves.

After Wheein and Hyejin's turn, Henry quickly stepped forward closer to the two.

"Wait a minute! Guys! It's them!" Henry exclaimed. "It's them! It's them! It's them!"

"Yah! Will you stop it. And what the heck are you talking about?" Ailee asked.

"Mamamoo! Wheein and Hwasa!" Henry squeaked in excitement.

"Dude, you just recognized them?" Eddie said swaying the guy. 

"What? You mean, you guys know them?" He looked around to see everyone chuckling at him. "Are you kidding me? You should've atleast told me." He said accusingly at Eric.

"Yah. Don't look at me. Their names and appearances are dead giveaways." Eric chuckled. "Anyway, well get to know each other a little more later. How about we get to eating, first?"

Everyone agreed and they all sat down finding their places with the three girls sitting at Yongsun's left side while Eric on the other.

 

How things went by at lunch wasn't what everyone expected. Atleast, it wasn't how Eric expected it to be.

For the better, he was relieved to see everyone getting along and having fun getting to know each other even with Henry's constant attempt trying to hit on the three younger girls. The funny thing was, in his all his attempts, he somehow ended up getting hurt in three different ways. First, when he tried asking Byul out and the girl right out declined without hesitation, everybody found it funny and then he sat back down taking a bit of his food only to bolt towards the kitchen sink.

Second, to the maknae Hyejin, when he slid a small dish of beansprouts with 'be mine' written on the side with chilli paste, he screamed standing up and wincing in pain as he held and rubbed his shin. For this part, he didn't know why but Henry just glared at him accusingly and just to make sure he was seeing right, he looked to his left and right and that's when he caught Yongsun's quick smirk. He then turned to Henry and grinned at his misery.

And for Wheein, this is how it turned out:

"Whee-"

"Henry hyung. Yongsun's trying to give you a wrap." Eddie said nudging the guy.

Henry grinned showing his moon smile and eagerly got up to receive the food. He was grinning happily and seemed as if he was showing off that he received a wrap from Yongsun.

"Stop showing off you idiot. We also received one from her." James said.

"I know bu-" He stopped mid way and started fanning his mouth. 

"Wae?" Eddie asked.

"Yah waerae?" James followed through.

"Oh my god. Oh my god! OH MY GOD!" He shouted by the decibel and bolted once more to the kitchen.

"Yah! Kwenchanna?" Kyujong hollered.

Meanwhile, as the others were trying to figure out what was going on, Eric turned to Yongsun and he saw the girl holding a wrap looking at it and then looking at Henry's seat. 

"Ottoke?" She signed at Eric.

"What happened?" He whispered. 

"It switched." She said.

"Huh?"

"The wraps. I really like chillies on my wraps and I think I might have given Henry-ssi my wrap instead of this one." She explained.

"What's going on with you two?" Ailee asked after noticing their quiet conversation. "Are you okay, Yongsun?"

"Eoh. We're okay. She's just trying to give me a wrap." He said holding Yongsun's hand under the table and looking at her reassuringly. "Right?"

Yongsun smiled and gave Eric the wrap.

"Kumawo." He said happily likea fool.

"Awe! Babe! I want one too!" Ailee pleaded cutely to her boyfriend.

James chuckled.

Yongsun and Eric could only look at each other and laugh to themselves.

And that was how things turned out during lunch. 

 

It must've been an hour later after the table's been cleared out and every was still there busy catching up and getting to know each other.

"Oh, wait! Who wants patbingsoo?" Eric hollered after remembering the dessert and all of them raised their hands eagerly.

He then returned a minute later bringing five large cups of bingsoo and ten spoons.

"So it's going to be two for one." Eric said.

"Oh! Can we pick our partners?" Henry asked even after what happened at lunch.

"No." Eric and Ailee answered at the same time. 

By now, Eric didn't have to ask reasons from Ailee because he could tell that the girl knew what was going down with Henry earlier.

"Henry and Eddie, Ailee and James, Byul and Yongsun, Wheein and Hyejin, and Kyujong and I will share." He said much to Henry's disappointment.

"Wait. Oppa, you and Yongsunnie will share. Babe you share with Kyu oppa and I'll share with Byul." Ailee said and turned to Byul. "Is that okay with you?"

Byul just shrugged and said, "Oppa and Yongsun-unnie should share, right?" She smiled meaningfully and all of them just laughed.

 

"So what are your plans for the joint party?" James asked Eric while they were all lounging in the living room except for the three girls who locked themselves in their assigned room preparing for tonight.

"Truth is. We might've decided on the joint party but the girls were persistent in preparing everything for tonight." He said.

"What did they say about the theme?" Ailee asked. 

"I think they said it'll be more of an MT kind of party. Was it?" He turned to Yongsun who nodded.

"Okay." Ailee said getting up.

"And where are you going?" James asked.

"I'll go check if I could be of any help to the girls." She said running up the stairs.

Henry, Kyujong, Eddie and James couldn't help but chuckle, grin and shake their head.

"You two are so going to suffer tonight." James said sympathetically.

"You don't have to tell us twice." He agreed and even Yongsun felt a little worried of what is to come later in that evening.

 

 

 

 

N: Hi! :D

    I couldn't help myself. I was watching some Mamamoo clips on YT and being the moomoo trash that i am, i couldn't stop myself in making some WheeByul moment.

    Wheein is so adorable! I really wanted a sister like her!

    Like always, I'm thankful for everyone for subbing, commenting and upvoting this fanfic!

    For subbing, commenting and upvoting, you all don't know how happy you guys make me. This simply elates my day and make it better. I know I must've said this some time ago in my other chaps and some of you might not believe it but its true. I'm really thankful to all ! :D