Spending More Time

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

"It takes time and effort to build a relationship."

 

"Aniya!" Eric shouted at the top of his lungs and acted very defensive. "Why would you even think that? Me? A stalker?"

"Arasso! Arasso! Keep your voice down!" Byul hissed quickly peeking through the glass window to check if they - if he -attracted any attention. "Aish! I was just asking. I mean after six years and then you somehow getting arranged."

"Yah. Our parents set it up. I didn't even get to see a picture of her before hand." His hands flailed as he explained.

That just made Byul smirk. "Arasso. Arassoyo, ahjussi. Don't be so defensive."

"Tch. You're a mischievious one, aren't you?" He said shaking his head sighing for his future. "But, hey. Do you know if Yongsun-ssi and the two maknaes remember me at all?"

"I don't think so." She answered without hesitation. "I mean, as far as I remember, I'm the only one who talked to you that day so maybe that's how I remembered you."

He sighed. What if they did? What if Yongsun-ssi did remember me? Maybe she already does. A lot of things kept running through his mind and it just made him feel stressed worrying about them.

"Ei~. Hyungnim, you need to stop thinking too much. Unnie doesn't like people who worry too much. Anyway, we should get inside. Unnie's a bit of the jealous type." Byul shrugged.

"Really?" Eric grinned.

"Hajima. Don't even think about doing dumb stuffs to our Yongsunnie or else you'll get it." She turned to glare at him.

"I wasn't!" 

 

Aish! This girls! Yongsun sighed feeling her energy depleting more and more as Wheein and Hyejin insisted on flowers they wanted to use for her bouquet. That's when she realized, where was Moon Byul when all of this was happening? Usually, when she get caught in the middle of these two, Byul would always intercept and become the mediator but right now, she was nowhere to be seen. And to think of it, so was her fiancee.

Maybe Byul-yi went to the washroom and maybe Eric-ssi had an important call? She thought to herself.

"Aniya, Hyejinnie. Do you even know how to pair up flowers? Unnie, how about the coral peonies, the tube roses and the calla lillies?" Wheein said shoving Hyejin aside.

"Yah! Jung Wheein! You call that a bouquet? It looks so dull! I mean, you could at least add some color to it." Hyejin said pushing dimples aside. "Unnie I think this one, this one and this one plus this one would really be perfect for the bouquet."

Hyejin pointed at the bird's of paradise, carnation, anemone, and white chrysanthemum. "Ah, unnie! Are you even listening to me?"

Yongsun turned her head towards the maknae after keeping her eyes on the door and sighed flicking the two in the forehead before turning away to look at the other flowers.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Sweet puppy Wheein asked with fatale femme Hyejin behind her.

"Eoh." She signed. "You two are just stressing me out."

"Ei~. Don't lie, unnie." Hyejin teased.

"What? It's the truth. I mean, how would you feel if two nuckle heads like you guys kept annoying you with this and that. Aish!" She sighed again faking her annoyance at the two.

"Tch! We know you like it when we pester you." Wheein replied before they all returned to picking flowers they liked.

A few minutes later, the two youngsters were picking a fight about the flowers again while Yongsun was on the other side smelling the flowers at the left corner trying to push the thoughts of her Moon Byul and her fiancee together.

Yah. Kim Yongsun. Stop being paranoid. She said scolding herself. They're probably just talking about something.

A couple of sighs later, Yongsun felt someone next to her then someone placing something just abover her right ear. 

"It looks good on you." 

She turned and saw Eric smiling at her and fixing her hair.

"Yeah. It really looks good on you. Take a look." He said and she turned to the tiny pond to see her reflection.

Above her right ear was a white flower with beautiful and perfectly arranged petals. She didn't want to be vain but she did admit that she looked prettier with it on her.

"Do you like it?" She heard him ask a little later and she turned to give him a smile.

"It's pretty. Thank you." She said and then asked him if he wanted to help with her bouquet.

"Sure. Which have you picked so far?" He asked and she pointed to the pink roses, lilac, and peony. "They're all beautiful. Want to tell the florist?"

She nodded and they went to the counter where the florist stood observing the shop. With Eric's help, Yongsun managed to tell the florist how she wanted her bouquet describing the details she really wanted. 

"Neh. Neh." The lady florist answered as she quietly observed the couple.

"And as for the bridesmaids' bouquets, they'll be the ones telling you how they want it." Eric translated once more and with the feeling of having to apologize, he quietly added; "Please be patient with my sister-in-laws. They can be a bit wild." 

Yongsun heard him and gave him a gentle smack as she shook her head in amusement.

"That's okay. The more they express themselves, the more I'll understand how to make the bouquets for them." The lady answered and then turned to Yongsun. "Miss, if you don't mind, would it be okay if I added my own touch to it?"

Yongsun simply smiled and nodded. 

"And for the set-up, how would you like us to handle it?" The florist asked again.

Yongsun turned to Eric. "What do you think?"

"Uhm, how about we go with the same flowers for your bouquet?" 

"Don't you want to add something you like?" She asked again feeling a little sour and unconciously pouting.

That's when she saw his bright but foolish smile appear as his hand reached out to pinch her cheek.

"Ottoke? How can you be so cute?" He spouted gleefully before letting her cheek go and rubbing it gently. "Do you really want me to add something to it?"

The blushing girl nodded shyly before looking away.

"Arasso. Eoh... What do you call this one, miss?" Eric asked the lady staff pointing at the flower he placed on Yongsun's hair.

"Ah. Gardenia." A meaningful smile grew on her face as she answered the question. 

"Gardenia? It suits her well, doesn't it?" 

W-what is he doing? Is... is he showing me off? She asked mystified at his sudden change of charm.

"Neh. I think it suits you two both." The lady mumbled the last part. "Would you like to add anything else?"

Yongsun turned to Eric once more giving him a slight nudge. "Don't you want to add something with your favorite color?"

"Oh. I really like blue so..." He looked around and couldn't find a flower of the color he wanted. There were blue ones but not the same hue as he wanted or the same type that would've fitted the arrangements. 

Reading his dismay, the lady turned to the counter and opened a file folder. "How about this one?" She said pointing at a picture of the blue dahlia. "This color is the darkest among the blue dahlia's and with it's rustic-ish look, it would be a great contrast to the soft and gentle tones of the ones you've previously chosen."

Without waiting for them to answer, the florist explained other details and the two simple nodded their heads and would interject for a few questions before she continued with the details.

"Wow. You really are a florist." Eric said with a praising tone making the lady smile silly. 

Tugging on his sleeve, Yongsun signed, "I think the blue dahlia's would fit perfectly. What do you think?"

"Yeah, I think so too. Blue dahlia's then?"

"Neh. If you don't mind, I'd like it if she does the arrangement for the set-up. Can you ask her that?" She asked from him and Eric delivered.

"That's no problem. I'd be happy to." 

That pleasant moment ended the moment the three girls decided to give in their notes for their own bouquets. When girlie-girl Wheein started asking about the details for the church and reception set-up, neither Yongsun or Eric was having any of it and decided to drag the girls out after thanking the staffs.

Watching at how the girls acted all bothered and annoyed not having to put in their notes for the set-up, Eric decided to distract them with food. Yongsun felt amazed at how things turned just by his mentioning of food and quietly thanked him for it.

"It's almost lunchtime anyway. And besides, they're my dongsaengs now as well. I should know how to control them at times, shouldn't I?" He said sounding a little shy and she couldn't help but just smile.

"Ei~. Can you two have your lovey-dovey moments later? We're starving here!" Byul screamed form insided Eric's car.

"Yah! How did you even get into my car? I-"

Yongsun tugged on his sleeve. "Hyejin snagged it from you earlier. She has sticky-fingers at times when you let your guard down." Watching him sigh in defeat, she tugged at his sleeve one more time. "You said you need to learn how to handle them."

"Eoh?"

"Then, you have to be firm. They won't take you seriously if you just let them do what they want to. They're grown ladies but they are still young." She said turning her back to cover her words.

"Got'cha." Eric nodded his head giving her a thumbs up before taking her hand and leading her to the front passenger's seat and helping her get strapped in.

"I'm driving by the way!" Byul announced from the driver's seat after her and the other two's initial reaction to his acts.

"Ani. I am." Eric calmly said as he walked around the front of the car to open the driver's seat. "Go to the back, I'm driving."

"I don't want to!" Byul refused like a brat and turned to get no help from Yongsun. "Ah~ unnie!"

"Byul-yang, I already have the restaurant prepared our food so unless you want to eat cold food, get in the back and let oppa drive, okay?" He said firmly holding the door open. 

Turning one last turn towards Yongsun, she pouted in defeat.

"It's no use, Byul unnie. I think she's totally gone to his side." Hyejin remarked teasingly while Wheein said, "Unnie, we don't like cold foods."

"Aish!" Byul said annoyed as she got off shoving the key to Eric's stomach and giving him a death glare before getting on the backseat.

Yongsun kept her lip tight while giving him a subtle thumbs up as he got in and drove the car. 

After her child like meltdown, Byul seemed to have cooled down once they got inside the restaurant and started eating. Eric busied himself with the grill and while the girls ate, Yongsun made a wrap to give him. That only started an uproar with the girls teasing them and having fun.

 

D-4 Playing at the Park

After the day at the cake shop and the flower boutique, Eric and Yongsun made a plan to meet the next day but due to complications at his company, Eric had to cancel and rearrange for the next day.

Dressed casually with black and white stripped T, dark gray jeans and black-grayish jacket paired with black sneakers, Eric arrived at the Kim residences as early as nine in the morning. With a cake on one hand a two small bouquets of flowers on another, he was welcomed by a maid who opened the door before he could even press the bell. He was then immediately ushered in by the same made who informed him that Mrs. Kim had an emergency to attend and couldn't meet while Yongsun was getting ready to meet up with him.

While looking around the living area, he noticed how simply decorated the inside of the mansion house is giving it a classic but elegant look with that homey-vibe added to it. He was about to approach the fireplace when he felt that familiar tug on his sleeve.

"Annyeonghassaeyo, Eric-ssi." 

The note greeted him followed by the bright twinkly eyes and beautiful smile.

"Annyeong, Yongsun-ah." He greeted back with a bright smile.

With the urging of the three mischievious girls and Yongsun's okay, he easily dropped the formalities and started casually talking to her. He then made the same suggestions to the girls and they did ease up on him calling him 'Ric-oppa' or 'Ric-hyung' while his fiancee was still having a hard time finding a common ground.

"How do I look?" Yongsun shyly asked.

He took a quick glance and immediately noticed her navy blue denim jacket covering a cream colored top and a pair of white jeans with a rugged design showing her knees. He smiled unknowingly. 

Who would've thought that shy and a bit passive girl could look all too different with just a pair of jeans?

"You look like you're ready to go out and play." He teased with a thumbs up. "You look really good."

"Thank you. You look great yourself." She signed with a bright smile drawn on her face. 

Remembering about the flower, he handed her the one he placed on the table earlier. "There's also cake but you can eat it later when we get back."

"Kamsahamnida." Yongsun signed looking dazed and happy as she took a whiff of the bouquet's scent. "I'll just place them with water and then we can go." She signed before cllumsily running up her room.

Few minutes later, they started their date with a stroll at the park.

Eric had today all planned out. Today, he is definitely determined to learn more about Yongsun. Before the wedding, they only have three more days before finally getting hitched to each other and with just the short allotted time, he planned on getting to know her more with or without her knowledge.

While at the park, they had some small talks about matters regarding their lives and like a sponge, he was soaking in all she had to say. Then when they reached a the scooter stall, Eric noticed how curious she looked at them.

"Have you tried this one before?" He asked and watched her shake her head no. "Oh. Want to try one now?"

She seemed a bit surprised but happy and nodded her head. "I want the black one."

"Okay. I'll take the white one then."

Once they got the scooters, Eric handed her the safety pads and helped her wear it as well. That's when he noticed how considerably thin she was.

Oh, I'm definitely going to have to feed her lots then. He thought and with him giving her a few tips, they kept on and their date ended wonderfully.

 

 

 

 

 

*N: Hi!

     I'm still so hyped up happy you guys. The last episode still got me jumping like a nutjob and gahhh!!! They're just too awesome.

     Ahem, thanks to the studio pipz for the random visit!

    And now, for you guys! THANKS ALL FOR COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING. You guys really came through with putting your two scents in the comment           section and I'm just really happy you guys are enjoying them. I'm sorry though that I didn't mention who you are.

    I really hope you all enjoy this one! Don't forget; COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE! THANKS AGAIN.