Puzzle; Reclamation

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

 

"Nevermind. I... Yeha. you don't have to answer that." Yongsun said getting up as she felt the fear of finding out that the answer could hurt her even more than it could help heal her.

"Because you were better than me." Hyunyong answered before she could get out hold of the door knob. "You were always better than me and everyone else besides my parents loved you better. I guess it took one word from the popular es in middle school to finally snap this side of me." She let out a cynical laught to herself. "I guess along the way, I got lost and forgotten who I was. Heck, I don't even know who I am anymore."

Yongsun wasn't sure if she was just dreaming or was just hearing things but when she turned around, she saw the popular girl, Shin Hyunyong crying her eyes out. 

"I guess dad and mom were right to kick me out. At least now I know why. . I'm really just a piece of sh-"

*SLAP!

"AH! ! Why does everyone have to slap me!" Hyunyong hissed at the pain.

"Now we're even." Yongsun said and turned around.

"Really? I cry, you slap me and you just walk out like that?" Hyunyong groaned touching her cheek and throwing a pillow at her direction only to have it be thrown back hitting her in the head. "Are you ing kidding me?!"

"Ugh, shut up. And stop cursing in my house." She said rolling her eyes at the girl then turned around once more and left.

She came back minutes later with an ice pack and handed it to the girl.

"Thanks." Hyunyong grudgingly said as she dampened the cold pack on her heated cheek.

"Huh. Red really does suit you." Yongsun's teasing voice and smirk surprised  Hyunyong for a minute before the girl cocked a brow and nudge the Kim girl. "Shut up, kid."

"Kid? I'm a married woman in case you forgot." She said.

"So? You're still a kid as far as I can tell." Shin retorted with a snort.

"Says the single lady." Yongsun smirk at the shocked face of her unnie. "Burn."

"Who are you and what did you do to the wimp?" Hyunyong asked retorically and before they knew it, they were laughing together.

From that moment, it felt like they were back to fifteen years ago. The time where they were just kids being kids before everything turned into a turmoil making their relationship shatter into pieces.

"I missed you." Yongsun muttered loud enough for her to hear.

Hyunyong, though still hesitant, scooted over and awkwardly hugged the younger. "I missed us. You think you can forgive me?"

Yongsun scoffed wrapping her arms around her unnie as well. "I wouldn't have covered your tracks if I didn't."

"Yeah. Thanks." Hyunyong nudge her one more time.

There was a long silence as they just sat there taking in their reconcilation. 

"What's your plan now?" Yongsun asked leaning in to the older girl.

Hyunyong felt the dread of an unplanned future hit her and tears started swelling down her eyes. "I don't know. ! I'm a freaking  twenty nine years old who barely graduated highschool, have no job experiences and nowhere to go."

Yongsun consoled the older girl. "You know, Kim Corps is hiring a new bunch of staffs for the store branch opening. Maybe I can put you in one of the management position and-"

"Yeah sure. Put an unexperienced highschool grad for a management position why don't you. It's not like I would know how to handle the job." The sarcasm earned her a smack in the arm. "Ow! How many times do I have to get slapped?"

"As many as possible." Yongsun smarted. "Anyway, you're right about the not knowing management thing. If that's the case, why not work your way up? Yeah. Work your way up. Then-"

"Then what? The staffs could treat me like crap? No, thanks." Hyunyong said cutting her off.

"Unnie, if you could just shut up for a minute, minimize the cynicism and listen to suggestions for a minute," She smacked the girl on the shoulder again. "Then maybe I wouldn't have to smack you!"

"Ow! Geesh! Fine!" Hyunyong groaned.

"Anyway, like I said, you can always work your way up. Live with us, part time as an intern in the company and then maybe on the side, you could take some courses? Art or culinary courses, maybe?" Yongsun suggested. "I mean, you were always great at drawing and sketching things. You're even great at cooking. What do you think?"

Shin laid her back on the couch rest and looked at the ceiling giving the suggestion a deep thought.

"Besides, I need a spy inside the company." Yongsun confessed.

"What?" That made Hyunyong jolt back up which she regretted immediately as soon as the whiplash kicked in. "What do you mean you need a spy? DIdn't halmoni conduct an investigation already?"

"Yeah. She did. It stopped for a while since you know..." Kim let the word hang before continuing. "But then when I got busy with Decalcomanie,  the accounts started going off balance and designs started disappearing one by one as if they think I wouldn't notice."

"What are you doing about it?" Hyunyong asked. 

"I had a spy planted on the market and design department but so far, he can't pinpoint who it is that keeps doing it despite the warning I had secretly delivered via the investigation last time."  Yongsun said.

Thinking about it, she did have a ten percent share given to her as a part of her birth right being a Kim and now trying to resolve her ways, the thought about someone stealing from her family angered her. This was something their family built up and noone, no meager idiot being paid to work for the company is going to get away from stealing from her or her family.

"Okay. What's the plan, sis?"

Yongsun seemed a iittle taken aback that her sister/cousin accepted the task and even called her sis once more but recovered none the less.

 

"I told you to call every hour! It's been-"

"Geesh. Calm down old man." Hyunyong cut Eric's ranting after answering his call.

"Hyunyong? What... Where's my wife?" 

She could here the gritting of his teeth over the phone and she couldn't blame him.

"Calm down, tough guy. She's asleep." She answered.

"Where?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe in the trunk of my car?" She replied before hanging up and dialing his number for a video call and directing the camera to the sleeping figure next to her. "Happy now?"

"Where are you?" Eric asked one more time.

"My god! We're on our way back to the house, you jail warden." Hyunyong hissed not wanting to wake her sleeping cousin. "She came with to pick-up my car and stuff and fell asleep on our way back. Geesh. If you're not satisfied, why don't you send one of your minions to check on her." She said and hunged up again. "Dude's got major trust issues. Eh... Can't blame him."

 

Minutes later, as soon as they arrived at the house, Hyunyong was greeted with a very very angry blonde in the form of Moon Byulyi.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" The girl came rushing in and had she not stood on her side of the car, her merely recovered cheek would've received another unpleasant greeting.

"Slow down, golden crown." Hyunyong said raising both hand in the air.

"Shut it, witch." She hissed before leaning down to see a sleeping Yongsun inside the car stir awake.

"Seriously, what's with all the hostility?" Hyunyong couldn't help but have fun with the girls and her dongsaeng's husband. She couldn't help it. She's built up too much of this personality most of her life that it was hard to forget completely. She might as well poke fun while she's at it.

"You're lucky you're on that side or I might just..." Byul stopped herself as she opened the door and woke up the dazed girl.

"What's going on?" A sleeping Yongsun asked as she is being helped out of the car by Byul. "Huh? Byul? What are you doing here?"

"I'd rather you ask her that." She responded with a snark in her tone motioning to the witch.

"Hey. Nice of you to join us." Hyunyong also greeted Yongsun.

"Oh. DId we get your stuff?" The newly awoken asked while holding on to Byul for balance.

"Yeap." Hyunyong answered as she pulled out her luggage from her trunk.

"Her stuff? What?" Byul seemed perplexed but didn't know how much more there was to it. "Wait. Why aren't you pissed that she's here? What is going on?" She asked holding the shorter girl by the shoulder shaking her awake. 

"Okay. Stop. Stop! You're going to make me sick." Yongsun pleaded as she held the younger's hand to still them both.

"Well?" The blonde asked with a hand on her hip.

"Well... We kind of... Reconciled. Unnie and I." Yongsun answered without puling any BS causing the girl to drop her jaw and eyes to bulge.

"M-mwoh? W-what?!" Byul yelled at the top of her lungs while Yongsun took a step to the right making way for her exit route before making another confession.

"A-and... I told her she can stay in the house with us until things get settled!" She continued and ran towards the door fumbling for her keys as she hurriedly tried to open the door.

"MWORAGOH?!!" Byul exploded and ran after the girl following her inside the living room. "You let her stay in the house?! Are you kidding me?! This is Shin Hyunyong we're talking about! SHIN. HYUN. YONG! Unnie!"

"Geesh kid. Will you stop yelling? God. Your warden must've trained her." Said Hyunyong who followed the two with her luggage along.

"Warden?" Yongsun asked trying to divide the attention from herself.

"Yeah. Warden Nam. Rant me  out when I answered your call from him." She said placing a hand on her hip. "Which reminds me, make the call or he might really think I kidnapped you." Hyunyong smirked tossing her her cellphone before signing that she's moving her stuff up in her room.

"Are ya kiddin' me unnie?!" Byul screamed once more making the house owner jump and squeak on her spot.

 

After explaining to Byul what had happened, the three girls found themselves sitting on the dining table quietly drinking some tea while Yongsun's gaze moved from Byul to Hyunyong who were having a glare stand-off.

"Okay... So, in light of this reunion and reconciliation, I would like it if the both of you would stop glaring at each other and just drink your teas before they get cold." Yongsun said slamming her hand on the table after having enough of the two's stand off behaviours.

Giving Shin one last disapproving look, Byul took her cup of tea and drank it then turned to Yongsun. "So?"

"Hmm? So what? What do you mean?" Asked Yongsun.

"Does ahjussi know about this?" Byul asked as soon as Yongsun raised her cup to only to have the ceramic cup fall on the table at the realization.

"Sh*t." Yongsun muttered as her mind and expression blanked out.

And for the first time ever since the earlier encounter, Byul and Hyunyong could only agree and find amusement at the horrified expression Mrs.  Nam drew on her face.

"I can't wait to see how the Warden reacts later." Hyunyong chuckled raising her cup towards Byul as the mischievious smirk only grew wider.

"Oh, I am so staying until desert." Byul agreed raising her cup as well finally finding an agreeable ground with the woman she considers a horrendous b*tch.

 

Suffice to say, Hyunyong managed to earn a point from her cousin-in-law after hearing his approval her cooking.

Dinner went well and very civil at that with the four of them treading on each topic they brought up not wanting to speak out about the elephant in the room. Until finally, after deserts, Yongsun couldn't hold it in and blurted out how her cousin and she had reconciled putting their differences aside and that she had invited her to stay with them for until everything settles and she can stand on her two feet.

Much to Byul and Hyunyong's dismay, the warden or ajhussi, didn't react the way they were hoping to.

The man simply nodded his head and said okay and started giving Yongsun a back rub to relax her which made the two feel disgusted at their PDA.

"Gah! I'm done. I'm hitting the sack." Hyunyong said her goodnight and goodbyes heading upstairs to the guestroom.

Byul also groaned and got up scowling at Eric. "Seriously with the PDA! See ya! G' night!" She said grabbing her keys and heading out the door.

 

"I'm in trouble, aren't I?" Yongsun asked when it was apperent that there was only the two of them in the living room.

Eric chuckled continuing the backrub and said, "So much."

Yongsun couldn't do much but groan for her impending 'punishment'.

 

 

*N: Hola!

My last update would've been a three or four chapter post but I just didn't want to update that much because my brain could end up crashing down again and it'll take me another week or month before it restarts so I'm keeping this one for reserves. :)