And It Continues

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

"Yah. Kim Yongsun!" Wheein hollered at the top of her voice, appearing with the ice pack. She glare at her asking what the hell she was doing lying for the girl.

Yongsun just gave her a nod and a small smile.

"Aish! Jjajingna!" Wheein grunted knowing she couldn't do anything about it.

Stomping to their side, she handed the ice pack to Byul and signed covering her hand motions from everyone else in the room. "Will you ever stop covering for her? She's the one who tried to hurt you!"

"We don't have time for this. We'll talk about it later okay?" 

"But-"

"Thirty minutes before showtime people!" The handler announce coming in to the room only to be taken aback from the sight of the crowd. "What's- Omo?! What happened to the maid-of-honor?" She exclaimed shuffling towards her. "Omo! Omo!" She said as she saw the redness.

"I'll be good in a few minutes. I'll just let the ice pack do it's magic." Byul said trying to reassure the handler.

"Aigoo. What happened? I told you girls to have fun but not over do it. Wha-" The woman stopped as she saw a clear shape of a hand. Her worry creases changed as she turned to see the other girl sitting on the floor with an older woman. She sighed. "Except for the bride and the bridesmaids may I ask everybody else to wait outside or go get seated. Thank you." She said standing up and waving her hand to shoo them away. "Come on. Everyone out! Out! Out!"

Kyujong stayed still holding on to the handkerchief gently pressing it on Byul's neck and so did Hyunyong and her mother, and the Kim matriarch.

"Jungja, take Hyunyong and go and take your seats. We will handle this mess later." Mrs. Kim said addressing her daughter and eldest grandchild.

"Neh. Come on, Hyunyong." Jungja took her daughter's hand only to be pulled by.

"No. I came her for my rights so I'm not leaving without it." Hyunyong demanded changing back to her bratty attitude.

"What nonsense are you talking about now you silly child?" Mrs. Kim asked clearly trying to keep her cool.

"Halmoni. As her sister, it is my right to take the role of the maid-of-honor and not someone else! I mean, how could you tell us about the wedding last minute? I could've prepared better!" Her claws were coming out and her mother was trying to keep her from showing it.

"Hajima, Hyun-ah. Let's just go, eoh?"

Byul grunted and scoffed at the drama between the two mother.

"Bullsh*t." Hyejin, who stood on the side listening something on her phone, muttered catching their attention. "I'm not sorry that I just cursed in front of you halmoni but I'll be sorry if I don't let you hear this." She said and removed the earpiece to let everybody in the room listen to what she meant.

At first, there was just noise and shuffling coming from the phone before the clear voice of two people came out.

        Byul: Fine. Unnie wants to know what the hell you're doing here. / You have your translation, I have mine.

        Hyunyong: Halmoni invited the us. It is a family event. 

Hyunyong was taken aghast. "Andwae..." She muttered through her breath looking at her mother.

       Hyunyong: Umma and appa are somewhere talking to your in-laws. I don't know why they bother though. I mean, what kind of family would they be? Considering how they're so willing to marry                            their son to some mute orphan like you.

Everybody gasped turning their heads to the girl. 

        Byul: YAH!... She says to tell us what you want so you can get your fake out of her as soon as possible. B*tch.

       Hyunyong: My right as the maid-of-honor, you morons. I am your sister after all. And besides, I know you atleast would have half the brain to know that.

"Stop that. That's enough!" Jungja yelled at Hyejin but the girl just pumped up the volume.

       Byul: ...misfortune of sharing the same DNA as you. As for that position, it's already taken by me.

       Hyunyong: You're joking, right? I mean, look at her! She doesn't even know how to give justice to that dress!

       Byul: Atleast everything you see in here, is all natural. Unlike you; fake , fake s, fake face, and no brain.

Then came the banshee scream where Hyejin decided to end the recording.

"U-umma." Jungja approached her mother cautiously. "I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding. I mean, its a very very important occassion and the girls are just too excited."

Kim Bongsun wasn't convinved. Not even the slightest.

She knew how her daughter is and she knew how she and her husband raised her granchildren. She wanted to slap the child for her insolence right there and then but with the ceremony minutes away, she let her anger slide for now.

"Jungja. Take your daughter and go take your seats. We will talk about this in a different time." She told her daughter clear with warning.

"No. I'm not leaving. I am -" Hyunyong stopped as she saw her grandmother's glare.

"Don't test me child." Bongsun's voice was as cold as the deadly winter nights. "I have long tolerated your behaviour. Insist on this act of yours and I'll make good to show you how we punished our children back in the days." 

Jungja tugged on her daughter. "Stop this. You do not want your halmoni angry. Let's go."

"But, umma." Hyunyong whined.

"Let's go." Her mother hissed and as she got dragged out of the room.

 

Taking a breather, Bongsun turned to her granddaughter and gave her a gentle pat on the head. "You're too kind for your own good my dear." She whispered and Yongsun just smiled.

"I have the first aid kit." Eddie said appearing from the door.

"Ottoke. We only have less than ten minutes left!" The handler blurted out.

"Oh. Can you try and hold it off for thirty minutes?" Ailee asked finally speaking after the drama.

The woman sighed. "I'll do my best. I'll have the make up artists come in and re-do the make up." She said and left the room.

"Thank you, miss Hwang." Byul said but the door was already closed.

"Aigoo." The old woman sighed as she took in the sight of the maid-of-honor. "You ought to have fought back."

Byul and the girls laughed. "Aye~ halmoni. You know she's no match for me. I could've taken her down anytime but not today." She half joked.

"Aigoo. Arasso. Omo-" The old woman blinked finally noticing the good looking man attending to Byul. "And who might you be, young man?"

"Ah neh." Kyujong bowed his head still kneeling down infront of the maid-of-honor and said. "Kim Kyujong-imnida. I'm Eric's best friend and bestman."

"Omo. You're quite a looker, my dear. You're uri-Byulyi's boyfriend then?" She said caughing  giggling fit among the women and for the said girl to quickly blush.

"A-aniyo, halmoni. He's... uh... He's a friend. Just a friend." Byul said flinching as she shook her head.

"Yah. You're going to make it bleed again! Stop moving so we can finish this and start with the ceremony." Kyujong scolded holding taking her chin and making her face him. "Now stay still."

"And you say his not your boyfriend." The old woman teased causing massive laughter around the room.

"Halmoni!" She whined with her head facing front but her eyes tightly shut.

"Fine. Fine. I'll go and see why the make up crew are not here yet. I will see you ladies in twenty minutes." She said and disappeared from the room.

"Yew... Must be quite the scratch for you to be so close as her like that, Kyujong oppa." Ailee teased as soon as the door closed.

"Yep. Must be." Wheein joined in causing the two to blush and them to laugh.

Byul then took his hand and pulled it away. "Uhm... I-I think it's already okay." She said.

"Wait. I'll just Put the plaster on." He said and taking the 1inch by 1.5 inches plaster and gently stuck it on her skin. He huffed getting up, nodding at his work and said, "Hmm... I'll met you ladies later."

"Yes, you will." Ailee said and pulled him towards the door. "And don't you dare tell Eric how gorgeous his wife is or I'll kill you." She threatened and he just chuckled closing the door. 

Hyejin chortled gaining everyone's attention. 

"What's with you now?" Wheein asked.

The maknae pointed towards Byul and said, "I don't think Byul unnie needs any retouching. Her colors match." She teased and they all laughed forgetting what had happened earlier.

 

Meanwhile... inside the other prep room...

"Man, I seriously can't believe people like them." Henry exclaimed walking back and forth trying to relax himself after earlier's encounter. "Are they really Yongsun's parents? Wah~"

Eric sighed. "Can you please relax? I'm sure they didn't mean it that way."

"Dude, are you kidding me? I didn't need to see their faces to see how ugly those people are. I mean, calling themselves her parents and then demanding such ridiculous amount of money for marrying their daughter? What is she? A cow?" 

"Henry, if you don't stop walking right now I'll make sure you'd be crawling down the isle in the next twenty minutes." James threatened.

The red head stopped and huffed angrily.

"Hey. I, uhm... I just need a breather." Eric said and walked out of the room with a heavy sigh.

None of the two groomsmen stopped him.

He went out to the chapel's patio and sat in one of the benches replaying what had happen a while ago...

 

Earlier...

"I'm sorry. Did you say Yongsun's parents?" Mrs. Nam didn't or more likely couldn't hide her confusion. 

Initially, the Nam family only knew of Mrs. Kim having two children and that one of them had died along with her daughter-in-law due to some freak accident almost taking Yongsun's life as well.

"Forgive us but from what Mrs. Kim has told us, our daughter-in-law's parents have long passed." Mr. Nam clarified their confusion.

"Oh, they have." Mr. Shin answered clearly having no compassion for the dead. "That doesn't mean she didn't have anyone else to raise her."

"When my brother passed, we were given the responsibility to raise Yongsun as our own. And for  fifteen years, we did just that. We gave her a home, fed her, provided clothings, paid for her schoolings. We provided her with everything to our limit." Mrs. Shin said flatly.

"I see." Mr. Nam nodded taking a quick glance at his own wife before turning his attention back to them. "As it is, we are in a time constraint. So if you don't mind, how about we have this discussion over dinner at the reception between us parents?"

"Or you can simply tell us your point in coming here." Mrs. Nam added showing her no-nonsense businesswoman attitude. "It is apparent that you didn't come to attend the wedding to celebrate Yongsun's marriage, so we might as well get straight to the point."

"Eomma." Eric blurted caught off guard by her mother's sudden attitude.

"A true businesswoman, I see." Mrs. Shin scoffed straightening her back. "Well, okay then. We came her for our share of the Honsu."

"Since the wedding itself is a traditional one, as I have come to understand, we might as well go along with tradition." Mr. Shin said shamelessly. "You see, raising that child wasn't very easy. She was a very peculiar one. Always breaking things and hurting herself. If you put it in a businessman's view, you can compare her to one of those poor quality products that constantly needed repairs. Well, if she still have no handle on her mutism problem then I guess we can simple call her a damaged good."

Eric felt... He didn't know how he felt. He was never the type to get angry easily but with how they were describing his bride, he felt his temper rising and his conciousness waving. It was as if his rationale is having war on how to feel towards the couple in front of him. On one side, he wanted to get angry and lash out at the couple but on the other hand, he simply felt pity for them because even though he's only got the chance to get to know her  in a short span of time, he did get a glimpse of who his bride is. 'What are these people?'

"Excuse me?" Exclaimed Mrs. Nam.

Eric, with the help of his father, held her mother, trying to prevent any 'accidents' from happening.

"Calm down dear." Mr. Nam patted her hand soothingly then turned to the couple in front of them and asked, "How much?"

"A-aboji?" He muttered eyeing his father.

"It's alright, son." His father patted his shoulders, clearly a sign telling him to let them handle the matter. "Well?"

Eric faced the couple to see the glint in Mr. & Mrs. Shin's eyes. 

Mr. Shin was the first one to offer an amount. "I'm thinking and considering how big your business is, I guess, 200 million won will suffice. Don't you think so, yeobo?"

"I would ask for more but okay." Said the woman.

"Done." Mr. Nam said and stood and brought out his calling card. 

"D-dad." Eric couldn't believe what he was doing but his father just brushed him aside.

"As today is a very special occassion, I'd appreciate it if you would come to my office tomorrow instead." He said handing them the card.

Mr. Shin nodded taking the card and handing it to his wife. "We'll be taking our leave then."

The Nam parentals and Eric stood up to shake the couple's hand for formalities sake. Watching leave door close, Misun took the throw pillow and threw it with such force that it caused a thud as it hit the door.

"Come on, yeobo. Let's get you something to help you cool off." Mr. Nam said wrapping an arm around his wife's shoulder. "You wouldn't want Yongsun and Kim-in-law to see you like this would you?"

"Ayoo!" The woman exclaimed letting her husband tug her along.

"Eric? Would you like me to bring back something for you?" His old man asked and he looked up to see his sorry eyes.

He sighed and shook his head. "I'm okay, dad. I just need to sit down for a bit. Take care of mom."

He heard a hum followed by the door closing.

Eric was just about to release a deep breath when the cabinet opened with a loud thud on the floor. 

"What the was that?!" Henry blurted as he propped himself up. "Damn!"

As shock as he was from his friend's sudden appearnace from the closet, he was somewhat relieved to hear what he felt voiced out even though it wasn't from him.

 

"There you are!" 

The loud appearance of Miss Hwang the handler startled him bringing his mind back to now.

"I've been looking for you! What are you doing here? Nevermind." The woman grumbled as she told him to follow her as the ceremony was about to start.

 

 

 

*N: <3 Yeah...

    So let me ask you, again. 

    Anybody up for the Sl*tty Wedding S*x? Nyahahaha.....

   FYI : Honsu was a collection of other valuables for the bride from the groom's parents.