And the Day Breaks

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

trust. respect. love

 

 

 

"Dude, did you really have to wake us up just for this?" Henry whined having been woken up at 4:30 in the early morning with only four hours of sleep in him.

Eddie groaned having to listen to the whiney 27 years old. "Yah. When will you stop whinning? You're already up, now help. The sooner we get this done, the faster we can go back to sleep."

"Yah. Who-"

He didn't get to finish his rebuttle when James stood in the middle with an expression that got them to shut up and continue with the cleaning.

"You two need to stop being so immature and help out your hyung here. This is important for him and as his friends you should understand how much your help in this matters." A hang overed Kyujong said scolding them as he picked up a couple of emptied bottles.

"Neh, hyung." The two chorused and continued with the cleaning.

Eric then appeared a little later with a few mugs of coffee for the guys. "Huh. What's with the glum and awkwardness all of a sudden?" He asked observing the change of mood.

"It's nothing." James answered then grinned. "Dumb and Dumber had one of their petty fights and got told off by hyung."

"Huh." He sighed knowing what brought it about. "Look. Hen, Ed, I'm sorry I had to wake you up this early and I wouldn't have done if I could do it all by myself. This is really important for me so please, please just help me out."

"Hyung," Eddie raised a hand for a high five and said, "Anything for family, man. You've always been there for me so anything you need, anytime you need it."

"Dude. Thanks, bro." Eric said.

"Sorry to break this sappy but great moment. I just want to ask, why do you still have to propose? I mean, you're already set to get married, right?" Henry asked.

James and Kyujong shook their heads.

"You clearly still don't understand women." A raspy female voice said behind them.

"Holy crap!" Henry gasped jumping on his spot.

"Hey, Ailee. Came to help us?" Kyujong asked and the woman simply shrugged.

"Yah. Keep it down!" Eddie hissed.

"Sorry." The red head apologized.

James beckoned the woman to her side who sluggishly dragged herself towards him and clinging to his warmth. "And why aren't you in bed?"

"Because you weren't there." She deadpanned smacking him in the abs. "What's going on here anyway?"

"We're helping the groom prepare for his proposal." Her boyfriend answered.

She smirked. "Aside from my beautiful man over here, you're the only other guy I know who'd do such a thing any time of day."

A bunch of 'heys' were thrown at her by the three single men.

"Oh, hush. Anyway, what's the plan and how can I help?" She asked.

That brought a smile to Eric's face. 

 

"Yongsun-ah. Yongsun-ah. Sweetie, please wake up." Ailee gently shook the sleeping girl awake making sure not to wake the other three.

The bride opened her eyes and saw a hazy image of her. "Hmm?"

"Eric asked me to wake you up." 

"Hmm?" She knew the woman didn't know how to sign.

"He woke me up to wake you. He's afraid to come in and do it himself because you know." She rambled. "Anyway, I think he really needs you."

She nodded and got up. 

"Okay. I'll go now." Ailee said and almost walked out when Yongsun took her hand and smiled. "It's no problem sweetie. Now go freshen up. We don't want him to see your eye boggers, do we?"

The younger girl covered to surpress her giggle and headed towards the bathroom. When she came out, Ailee was no longer there so she thought she must've gone back to sleep considering it was only a few minutes before six. 

Covering her dongsaeng's with their blankets, she quietly stepped out of the room and headed to the first floor where she saw her groom waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs.

"Good morning." Eric greeted quietly with a hug. "Did you sleep well?"

She nodded. "Unnie said you need me for something?"

"Uhm, not really." He said shyly rubbing the back of his neck. "I just thought maybe you're like to join me to watch the sunrise."

Yongsun smiled at seeing his shy side. "I'd love to."

"Also, I actually prepared a little something for breakfast." He said and took my hand as we went outside to the deck.

Even before they reached the table, Yongsun couldn't help but gasp at the sight of what he had prepared. 

"You made all this?" She asked as he placed the blanket on her legs. 

"Eoh." He answered taking his seat and handing her the spoon. "Have some of the orange juice first. It'll help with the drinks we had last night."

She did and her eyes just grew wide. "Is this hallabong?"

"Yeah. Hyejin told me you liked it." 

"Eoh. It's really good and I think I might be developing an addiction for it."

He laughed. Her reactions is always one of the things he likes. So cute and pure. It's just plain stress reliever. "I can make you more if you want."

She paused surprised again. "Y-you made this?"

He nodded.

She just smiled and then started eating her cereal and fruits.

The sun started rising and for a moment, they stopped eating to watch as the bright yellow and oranged lit up bit by bit of the sky. 

Feeling his nerves rising higher like the sun, he bit his lip and went for it. "Actually," he started and gained her attention, "I prepared one more thing."

"Eoh? There's more?" She asked reaching for the glass of orange juice. "What is it?"

"You're holding it." His face mixed between  boyish grin and a shy smile.

"The juice?" She raised the glass to see what's in it but he covered it before she could take a peek.

"Here, I'll take some." He said but she shook her head no and started drinking it all. 

Eric watched chuckling nervously and then grinned when she stopped and signed that there was something written under the glass.

"Eoh. Halmoni told me you studied English." He said.

She just nodded and continued to drink and swallowed hard after understanding what was written. Like Eric now, Yongsun also laughed out of the fact that she felt shy.

Eric then reached under his seat, taking a box out and opening it to show a cake with what seemed like dragon egg on top of it. He then gave her a kitchen hammer and told her to crack it open.

"It's hollow?" She asked with her face a little flushed. 

He answered with a nod and to avoid eye contact, she tapped the egg gently at first but when it didn't break, she gave it a bit more power and it made her heart jump as she squeaked almost dropping the hammer only to find a silver ring and another one with grin and gold design in the hollowed center.

Surprised, she used her index finger to poke the item and turned to look at Eric whose ears turned bright red and with a silly smile on his face.

He took the rings and wiped it for her as he said, "I know our marriage is quite the old fashion type of traditional and even though we are already set to get married tomorrow, I still wanted to atleast - in a sense - get a formal yes from you. And..." He swallowed a lump and looked directly at her, "...as I have told halmoni the first day we met, I will do my best, as your husband-to-be, to do right by you."

Yongsun didn't know how to react to this as she fidgeted on her sit and awkwardly laughed with Eric. Then, when he got of his feet and walked around the table, she started flailing her hand telling him he didn't have to do it but he did anyway.

"So, not to stray far from tradition," Eric got on one knee and with a hand presenting the ring to her, he made his point. "Will you marry me?"

For a moment, without thinking about it, Yongsun opened and for the first time in how many years, she spoke but with difficulty and said "N-neh. Y-yes."

She quickly clasped with a hand and Eric whipped his head with eyes ready to pop.

Clearing his throat and pretending that nothing it was just the wind and she simply signed her answer, he got up and took her left hand to place the rings on her finger.

"H-how do they fit?" He asked rubbing the back of his head making them feel both embarassed and awkward. 

Yongsun signed perfect and she didn't know why but she just started laughing and he did the same as he pulled her into a hug.

 

After a while, they both decided to talk a long walk along the beach and enjoy the morning breeze continuing their sunrise date.

Walking hand in hand, Yongsun kept her eyes on the waves coming and going, and the beautiful yellowis orange hue of the sun mixing with the magnificent blue of the sea. With no relations to waves or the sun, her mind got to thinking about what had happened minutes ago. 

She stopped and that pulled him to do the same.

Eric turned to ask why and saw that something was bothering her.

"Why?" She signed and he wondered what he meant. "I- I know you heard me. Why aren't you asking me about it?"

"Oh." He muttered dumbly and scratched the side of his head. "Uhm... I don't know."

Yongsun sighed and looked up to hear him say, "I mean, I don't expect you to tell me anything because you're forced to, you can just tell me when you're ready. And I just want you to know that I will never pressure you to tell me anything unless it is necessary." 

She looked at him with silent awe and gave him a smile before lowering her head to hide her blush.

They've walked quite the distance that they couldn't even see the house anymore and with the sun already up, they decided to head back.

Eric noticed her lagging behind and knew for a fact that she was tired and still have a slight hang over, considering that they drank quiet a lot last night. So he stopped and got on one knee offering his back to her.

"Get on." He said and waited but she just stood there. "Don't worry. You're not even heavy when I carried you to bed last night."

He turned and saw her blush. "Come on." He urged her and she then wrapped the blanket around her waist before getting on his back.

They walked back like that and when they returned, Yongsun fell asleep on his back.

 

"Hey! There they are!" Ailee called out from the balcony waving her hand.

Eric only pressed a finger on his lip and motioned that his fiancee was fast asleep. His friend then ran back downstairs and opened the glass door for them warning the others to keep it down as well.

"Wow. She's really pretty even without make up." Henry whispered leaning closer to watch the younger girls sleeping face only to be yanked back by the collar by Eddie.

"Back off, man. No wonder girls think you're a ." The younger Nam said pushing him on the sofa.

"Will you two ever stop arguing?" Kyujong stepped in pulling the two towards the kitchen.

Eric shook his head in amusement. "Hey, Ai. Can you help me get her into my room."

"Ohhh~ Ar-"

"Don't even start, Amy Lee." He said cutting her off before she could. "I want Yongsun and the girls to get us much rest as they can before they leave for tomorrow."

"'Kay." She said and opened the door then helped him gently place her on the bed. 

Ailee then gently removed the blanket tied to her waist and covered her with the comforter taking her live to join the guys downstairs. 

It was only after the girl left the room did Eric feel the effect of waking up early and preparing everything that he didn't even notice falling asleep on the opposite end of the bed.

 

After the guys prepared breakfast - more like brunch considering it's almost ten in the morning, Ailee went up to check on the girls.

"Hey cuties." She greeted seeing them all dressed up and already packing their stuffs.

"Good morning, unnie." They greeted.

"Ladies, leave the packing for later and join us down stairs." She said pulling in Wheein with her and while Byul and Hyejin followed.

"Is Yong-unnie downstairs aswell?" Byul asked.

Ailee pursed her lips wondering how to respond to that. "Uhm... Well, she's kind of tired after this morning's event so she's in my room resting." It was half and half of lthe truth and lie.

"Event?" Wheein asked turning to face her.

"We didn't know about any event." Hyejin seconded.

"I didn't know either until I woke up at around four thirty to see the guys cleaning and whatever. Anyway, I'll show you the video, after we eat." She said as they entered the dining room.

"You have it on video?" James asked knowing what they were talking about. "How'd you even get that? I thought you passed out after waking her up."

She just gave her man a wink and told everybody to sit down and eat.

"Wait. Is this..." Wheein looked up to see who prepared the food.

"Naejangtang." Kyujong answered.

"Wow. Just perfect." The girl replied with excitement and tasted it with amore. "Woah~ This taste so good."

"I know. I heard this is good for hangovers." He replied and Wheein saw him shift his eyes to Byul as he handed her share of the soup.

"Eoh. Byul unnie says the same thing." Hyejin blurted and causing him to almost tumble on for no reason.

On that note, let's just say they all had fun eating while the couple upstairs went enjoyed their peaceful slumber.

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

i was looking for a photo of

naejangtang and then i saw this.

 

 

*N: Hi!

     New Update! Hope you guys enjoy this one.

     Again, Thank you all and just have fun. 

     Please don't forget to comment and subscribe :D